Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KG COMING TO CHICAGO?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
B-4-Bulls
I can't tell you who we're going to get, but it's going to be as big a signing as Ben Wallace. Chandler, Duhon, Deng + cash considerations are part of it. Will be revealed in time. All i know is you will cream your pants, because I did.

OMG saw this on REAL GM, same guy that said we'd sign Big Ben and stuff.. Could this be true? Or just simple speculation? Im srry for the Caps, Im still excited from theBen Signing biggrin.gif
SoxFan1
I would hate to let go of Deng but with Wallace on board, you HAVE to do this deal:

Hinrich, Sefolosha, Nocioni, Garnett, Wallace

OH. MY. GOD.
RememberThe90's
Garnett and Big Ben in the frontcourt togehter?

Just mail the title to Chicago.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 07:29 PM)
I would hate to let go of Deng but with Wallace on board, you HAVE to do this deal:

OH. MY. GOD.

If KG Comes to Chicago I will... OMG THIS IS AWESOME
Chisoxfn
I just saw this as well and was about to post this. The only name that makes sense with this is Kevin Garnett and all I can say is if we give up that I would be more than willing to make that move for KG.

I'd also be willing to make that move for Jermaine O'Neal. Aside from that no other names really make sense to me, but both would be stellar pickups.

I realize Deng is a nice player but really if we were able to move him for a guy like that, than the Tyrus Thomas pick makes even more sense, Noc slides in to be the start SF with Gordon and Hinrich at the point while the team would have Tyrus/Sef coming off the bench along with Sweet's and company.

We would need to find ourselves a backup PG, but maybe some spare parts would be coming back in any deal.

If this is true...it would be awesome.
WHarris1
Link me

RealGM is chaos right now, I can't find anything.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 3 2006, 05:30 PM)
Link me

This is striaght from a poster who is obviously claiming to have sources so I have my doubts, but the value is there.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=537954
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 3 2006, 07:30 PM)
Link me

RealGM is chaos right now, I can't find anything.

RealGM
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3 2006, 08:31 PM)
This is striaght from a poster who is obviously claiming to have sources so I have my doubts, but the value is there.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=537954

Interesting, has this guy every called anything before? I don't recognize his name from being an impressive insider in the past.
Jordan4life_2007
I can't take too much more of this.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 3 2006, 05:32 PM)
Interesting, has this guy every called anything before? I don't recognize his name from being an impressive insider in the past.

The thread is locked so my guess is there is nothing to it, but its interesting none the less. Throw the Knicks pick we can exchange and I think there is maybe some possibility and I'd cream my pants if it were to happen.

I'd be left speachless.
WHarris1
His thread was locked and a mod called him unreliable.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 3 2006, 07:37 PM)
His thread was locked and a mod called him unreliable.

Yea I saw that too... sad.gif
bschmaranz
Can we please stop with the KG rumors!? Even if they're true... you're giving him a heart attack.

B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jul 3 2006, 07:51 PM)
Can we please stop with the KG rumors!? Even if they're true... you're giving him a heart attack.

well im srry I was excited from the Wallace Signing, when I saw this I HAD to post it biggrin.gif
Chisoxfn
I tell you one thing, if we deal Deng than the Thomas draft picks makes even more sense and I think with the acquisition of Wallace it makes a good amount of sense as well because Wallace is the type of center that can run the floor just like Thomas could be the type of 4 that could run the floor (or a sick 3 that can do so).
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 07:29 PM)

OH. MY. GOD.

exactly!!!

Wow!

If this trade goes down and we land KG...WOW!!!

We are instantly the team to beat in the east.

The defense of Big Ben and 7'1 garnett bringing crazy offense and defense...plus we already are a very good perimeter team...

I cant even express how excited I am right now for this.
Chisoxfn
We should reiterate there may very well be no truth to this rumor, but I know there are ocassionally people on boards that have sources and this seems like it could make sense.

Although I find it hard to believe without KG making a public request to be dealt by the Wolves.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3 2006, 08:22 PM)
We should reiterate there may very well be no truth to this rumor, but I know there are ocassionally people on boards that have sources and this seems like it could make sense.

Although I find it hard to believe without KG making a public request to be dealt by the Wolves.

maybe KG is handling the situation with class. Instead of it being a big media circus, making him and the team look bad...he might have gone to McHale and discussed it privately, maybe even agreeing to keep quiet to get this done.

Also, it gives the TWolves more leverage if he doesnt demand publicly...when that happens, the team with the star never even gets close to fair value.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 3 2006, 06:35 PM)
maybe KG is handling the situation with class. Instead of it being a big media circus, making him and the team look bad...he might have gone to McHale and discussed it privately, maybe even agreeing to keep quiet to get this done.

Also, it gives the TWolves more leverage if he doesnt demand publicly...when that happens, the team with the star never even gets close to fair value.

I hope thats true, but I'd be shocked if something like that could stay quiet. Too many leaks, especially because you know if KG did come out and say that, than other GM's who just called and asked for flyers on KG (to see if he's available) would end up finding out he is and word would quickly spread.
2nd_city_saint787
i think the question now if this trade does happen is would this be the best bull team of all time, i really think it would be.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 3 2006, 08:06 PM)
i think the question now if this trade does happen is would this be the best bull team of all time, i really think it would be.

Thats getting way too ahead of ourselves. I don't think there is a team out there that would touch the Bulls dynasty, however, I do think you are right and this type of deal makes the Bulls the favorites.

However, its not done yet, but no way would I even put it on the same page as the MJ Bulls. That team proved they could not only win, but dominate the league and do it 6 times in 8 years.
JPargo
i dont think KG comes to the bulls. Minnisota is to stingy to give him up. KG still has time, he should demand a trade
Kalapse
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 3 2006, 11:06 PM)

You are insane. You realize the '96 Bulls won 72 games in one season with 2 of the greatest players of all-time on their roster in a much better era?

Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Longley that and any other '90's Bulls team kicks the spiff out of anything the Bulls could put together this season.
BFirebird
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 3 2006, 10:06 PM)

That could be one of the most asinine comments ever. Granted this teams has a better bench than the Jordan Era teams, but the fact of the matter is they had Michael Jordan on their team. Those Bull teams rank up with the old Celtic teams as some of the best teams ever in the history of the NBA.
rangercal
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 4 2006, 04:06 AM)

jpshakehead.gif
cubssuck1
I'd be in favor of trading for ONeal over KG. I think we could give up less and that Jermaines game is moer suited to scoring in the paint than KG. That being said, now that we have wallace, I wouldnt be pissed or anything if we did get KG. biggrin.gif
Steve9347
thats great and all... but it doesnt work with the cap.

no dice.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 4 2006, 09:53 AM)
thats great and all... but it doesnt work with the cap.

no dice.

Chandler would have to be involved and it would work.
GreatScott82
If the KG thing is true, it would have to be soon. Because the PJ Brown for Chandler rumor is heating up quickly! And it sounds like this deal will happen very soon. And with that money Pax will go out and get Al Harrington for some low post scoring.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 4 2006, 10:08 AM)
If the KG thing is true, it would have to be soon. Because the PJ Brown for Chandler rumor is heating up quickly! And it sounds like this deal will happen very soon. And with that money Pax will go out and get Al Harrington for some low post scoring.

Ya but dont expect any trades today, remember... Its the 4th of July! cheers.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
Chandler To Hornets Or Wolves?
Jul 4 - ESPN.com's Chad Ford and Marc Stein reported last night that Chicago is in trade talks with New Orleans/Oklahoma City about a deal that would send Tyson Chandler to the Hornets for P.J. Brown and J.R. Smith.
Today's edition of the Daily Southtown reports the Bulls, after agreeing to a contract with Ben Wallace, are going to make another run at Kevin Garnett.

According to the newspaper, the Bulls believe they can revive the talks if they sweeten their offer to Chandler, Luol Deng and first-round draft pick Tyrus Thomas for Garnett.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 4 2006, 10:15 AM)
Jul 4 - ESPN.com's Chad Ford and Marc Stein reported last night that Chicago is in trade talks with New Orleans/Oklahoma City about a deal that would send Tyson Chandler to the Hornets for P.J. Brown and J.R. Smith.
Today's edition of the Daily Southtown reports the Bulls, after agreeing to a contract with Ben Wallace, are going to make another run at Kevin Garnett.

According to the newspaper, the Bulls believe they can revive the talks if they sweeten their offer to Chandler, Luol Deng and first-round draft pick Tyrus Thomas for Garnett.

ug, then Nevermind... Not for Thomas....
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 4 2006, 11:15 AM)

I'd do that deal.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 4 2006, 08:15 AM)

In a heartbeat, in a heartbeat I make that move because the team would still have its pick next year which could do some things. We'd be a little thin off the bench, but there are enough pieces that we could still get things done and be a hell of a starting unit.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2006, 11:52 AM)
In a heartbeat, in a heartbeat I make that move because the team would still have its pick next year which could do some things.  We'd be a little thin off the bench, but there are enough pieces that we could still get things done and be a hell of a starting unit.

Hinrich
Gordon
Nocioni
Garnett
Wallace

Easily becomes one of the best lineups in the league. Offense from Little Ben, KG, and Noc, solid defense from Big Ben, and Kirk with his passing and overall game. Just creamed my pants a little just thinking about it.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 4 2006, 08:56 AM)
Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Garnett
Wallace

Easily becomes one of the best lineups in the league. Offense from Little Ben, KG, and Luol, solid defense from Big Ben, and Kirk with his passing and overall game. Just creamed my pants a little just thinking about it.

Deng is part of the trade so you have to swap Noc in as the starter.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I wouldnt do that deal, the only way I do it is throwing out Ty Thomas and adding someone else.

Possibly, Chandler and Deng and Sweetney maybe even a future 1st rounder for Garnett. I dont want to give up Tyrus' potential.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2006, 11:57 AM)
Deng is part of the trade so you have to swap Noc in as the starter.

Oh yeah, thats right. banghead.gif
Rowand44
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 4 2006, 10:15 AM)

Where do I sign up?? I love Deng but if you can get a player like KG...cya Luol.
TeaLeafReaderII
If this deal does go through aquiring Victor Kryapta(sp?) looks a lot better. And the depth a sf wouldn't be too bad...
The Gladiator
no no no no no no no no NO! I am not giving up Tyrus Thomas for a 30 year old with Bad Knees!!!! Then again, its not my decision to make sad.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 4 2006, 12:05 PM)
no no no no no no no no NO! I am not giving up Tyrus Thomas for a 30 year old with Bad Knees!!!! Then again, its not my decision to make sad.gif

So, basically, the only thing you support this offseason is the drafting of Tyrus Thomas?
Rowand44
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 4 2006, 11:07 AM)
So, basically, the only thing you support this offseason is the drafting of Tyrus Thomas?

The worst move of the offseason so far, by far.
Chisoxfn
Aapparently Chet Cobback was on ESPN Radio and said this:
Chet Coppack reported inside sources KG to the bulls for exactly who we've been talking about Tyrus, Tyson, Deng.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 4 2006, 11:07 AM)

wtf r u talking about? huh.gif

I dont want to trade Tyrus Thomas. Just because you hate him and are to stubborn to support him doesnt mean I have to hate him. What im saying is that Why trade for a guy that is nearing the end of his career (Like it or not) with bad knees from running up and down the court for 11 seasons. Tyrus Thomas has the potential to be something special. Hell KG would be the biggest thing since Jordon here in Chicago no doubt about that but not for Tyrus Thomas, Im sorry. I would rather throw in Ben Gordon. I am not at all happy with THIS Specifice rumor and I highly doubt anything will happen. Mchale has made it clear that he is not trading Garnett.
GreatScott82
As much as I would love to have KG in Chicago. Getting him over here would mean the loss of bench strength. I would much rather just do the sign and trade with Atlanta for Harrington. Atlanta gets Chandler, we get Harrington.

Starting lineup:
Hinrich pg
Gordon sg
Deng sf
Harrington pf
Wallace c

Bench (still strong)
Duhon pg
Thomas sf/pf *
Sefolosha sg *
Khryapa sf/pf
Nocioni sf/ sg
Shensher or O. Harrington c
Sweetney c/pf
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 4 2006, 09:11 AM)
wtf r u talking about? huh.gif

I dont want to trade Tyrus Thomas. Just because you hate him and are to stubborn to support him doesnt mean I have to hate him. What im saying is that Why trade for a guy that is nearing the end of his career (Like it or not) with bad knees from running up and down the court for 11 seasons. Tyrus Thomas has the potential to be something special. Hell KG would be the biggest thing since Jordon here in Chicago no doubt about that but not for Tyrus Thomas, Im sorry. I would rather throw in Ben Gordon. I am not at all happy with THIS Specifice rumor and I highly doubt anything will happen. Mchale has made it clear that he is not trading Garnett.

I'll say one thing...not one draft pick in this draft is worth not dealing KG. If we are talking about Lebron, okay, but thats about the only name.

Tyrus has proven nothing, Kevin Garnett comes here and gives us a player that when teamed up with Wallace makes us the favorites to win the NBA title.

With Tyrus we aren't that. Not saying this team can't win a title, but it won't win one this year without adding one more major piece.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 4 2006, 11:13 AM)
As much as I would love to have KG in Chicago. Getting him over here would mean the loss of bench strength. I would much rather just do the sign and trade with Atlanta for Harrington. Atlanta gets Chandler, we get Harrington.

Starting lineup:
Hinrich pg
Gordon sg
Deng sf
Harrington pf
Wallace c

Bench (still strong)
Duhon pg
Thomas sf/pf *
Sefolosha sg *
Khryapa sf/pf
Nocioni sf/ sg
Shensher or O. Harrington c
Sweetney c/pf

I would much rather see that! smile.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 4 2006, 09:55 AM)
Chandler would have to be involved and it would work.

hmmm kg 22 million
chandler 10.5 million.

yeah, that matches up really freaking well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.