Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signing Big Ben is a double win
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
Obviously signing Big Ben gives us an all star, 4 time defensive mvp, leadership and mentoring for our young players...

But it's also a win bc it means that Chandler is on his way out of town. There are many rumors and options at this point...however, one thing for certain..come next year he will be stinking it up somewhere else!!!!

I absolutely trust in Pax and obvisouly there was a huge master plan in place and it all started with drafting T2.

So bottom line...we get an all star center and get rid of an overpaid bust. Great moves Pax.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 3 2006, 08:29 PM)
Obviously signing Big Ben gives us an all star, 4 time defensive mvp, leadership and mentoring for our young players...

But it's also a win bc it means that Chandler is on his way out of town. There are many rumors and options at this point...however, one thing for certain..come next year he will be stinking it up somewhere else!!!!

I absolutely trust in Pax and obvisouly there was a huge master plan in place and it all started with drafting T2.

So bottom line...we get an all star center and get rid of an overpaid bust. Great moves Pax.

Not Nessesarily but your probably right.
Bullies4Life
lol does this need its own thread? tongue.gif j/k

Yeah, every1 one is thinking that Chandler is out.. Now we just have to wait and see what kinda player/s we can get in return...
Clifton Pondexter
It also weakens a division and conference foe. Its a great signing. I'll help Chandler pack his bags if he wants.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Clifton Pondexter @ Jul 3 2006, 07:14 PM)
It also weakens a division and conference foe. Its a great signing. I'll help Chandler pack his bags if he wants.

In terms of Detroit, I wonder what they do. I have read a few reports that they will potentially go to a more up tempo style of offense and they are capable of that with guys like Sheed, Chauncey, and Rip but I don't know if that will play away from there strenghts too much.

McDyess is a quality defender though (nowhere near as he was pre injury, but still solid) and they may make a push at someone like Pyrzbilla to try and be just a shell of what Ben was.

I know one thing, Darco would be looking a lot better right now in Detroit.
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3 2006, 10:16 PM)
In terms of Detroit, I wonder what they do.  I have read a few reports that they will potentially go to a more up tempo style of offense and they are capable of that with guys like Sheed, Chauncey, and Rip but I don't know if that will play away from there strenghts too much.

McDyess is a quality defender though (nowhere near as he was pre injury, but still solid) and they may make a push at someone like Pyrzbilla to try and be just a shell of what Ben was. 

I know one thing, Darco would be looking a lot better right now in Detroit.

Looks like they are throwing their MLE at Bonzi Wells. He would be a nice addition McDyess is obviously a serious downgrade at center.

Probably wish they hadn't traded Darko at this point. EDIT - Bah - damn you, didn't realize you said the same thing about Darko.
SoxFan1
I wub Darko.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 09:20 PM)
I wub Darko.

laugh.gif thats funny
Clifton Pondexter
I think its going to get ugly in Detroit fairly quickly. They still will be good for a couple of seasons, but Joe Duuuuuuuuuuuuumars has his work cut out for him.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Clifton Pondexter @ Jul 3 2006, 07:22 PM)
I think its going to get ugly in Detroit fairly quickly. They still will be good for a couple of seasons, but Joe Duuuuuuuuuuuuumars has his work cut out for him.

When you think about it, Du and Pax were semi similar players. Du was a better player but at the same time both were very good shooters who played key roles for championship winning teams and they've both went out and built very similar style teams.

As I (and most of us) trust in Pax, I'm sure Pistons fans will trust in Joe Dumars.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
I say we trade Chandler for Boozer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.