Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chandler for Gooden?????
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
He answered an email and mentioned that while the Bulls don't appear interested in Wilcox and he did admit a deal with the Hornets appeared likely, but a Chandler for Gooden deal is apparently a possibility as well.

McGraw is one of the beat writers that covers the Bulls.
Chisoxfn
This would give the Bulls the scoring threat they desire down low. Gooden has a bevy of low posts moves and really isn't a bad rebounder. Hinrich talked about him early in the year and said how he would definately be a fan of getting his old college teammate back and I really think he would be a tremendous compliment to Wallace.

At the same time, you could compare this to getting Boozer. Boozer has proved a bit more but will likely have a bit uglier of a contract and at the same time Gooden doesn't have the injury history that Carlos has.
SoxFan1
I would like this more than the PJ Brown deal.
WHarris1
I am a Gooden fan, the only problem I see from watching him is that he tends to disappear for quite long stretches of the game.
rangercal
Just please no PJ Brown
Chisoxfn
The other hard part is you have to think both sides would have to think they are getting by far the better end of the deal to ever make a trade (considering we are talking about two teams who could quickly be competing for the right to play in the championships in the east, especially if Shaq ages quicker than expected).
The Dude Abides
I would rather trade Chandler for Gooden than PJ...unless Pax is getting PJ, then shipping him off to minny in a big trade for KG...
HoofHearted
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 4 2006, 12:17 AM)
I would rather trade Chandler for Gooden than PJ...unless Pax is getting PJ, then shipping him off to minny in a big trade for KG...

Thinking PJ can be of trade value once obtained is rediculous. Maybe Smith in a deal, Id rather have him go somewhere than Deng.
rangercal
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 4 2006, 06:17 AM)

exactly how I feel. I want to contend this year. I don't want to wait another year. PJ brown means our plan does not start until 2007.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jul 3 2006, 10:21 PM)
Thinking PJ can be of trade value once obtained is rediculous. Maybe Smith in a deal, Id rather have him go somewhere than Deng.

Ending contracts are very very valuable in this era because they allow a team to get a valuable player (for a team looking to dump salary).

So Brown will be very valuable just like if Wallace loses it, his contract in his last year will still be valuable (especially if he's mediocre) and would be able to land the Bulls something. Which is why you could honestly say as long as he's good for 3 years its alright, because if in the 4th year he sucks, with him being an expiring contract, he'll have trade value.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 3 2006, 10:22 PM)
exactly how I feel. I want to contend this year. I don't want to wait another year. PJ brown means our plan does not start until 2007.

Realistically, unless we trade for a superstar, I think we will be waiting 2-3 more years while Deng/Noc/Hinrich improve, but Wallace is going to raise expectations and hopefully be hear while Oden turns into a force.

There is a chance our true low post weapon won't come till next year's draft (whether thats a good or bad thing, I'll let you be the judge).
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jul 4 2006, 12:21 AM)

TJ is of trade value bc he is in the last year of his contract. Throwing him in would be a bonus to minny. They would want to take him bc they are rebuilding and it would free up cap space for them next yr to get a better FA.
rangercal
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2006, 06:30 AM)
Realistically, unless we trade for a superstar, I think we will be waiting 2-3 more years while Deng/Noc/Hinrich improve, but Wallace is going to raise expectations and hopefully be hear while Oden turns into a force.

There is a chance our true low post weapon won't come till next year's draft (whether thats a good or bad thing, I'll let you be the judge).

I want oden. Don't get me wrong. But I would like to contend this year. I am just tired of waiting. It's not like we have a big window to wait if Wallace is going to be a big piece to the next title run plans.
BuLLzDoMaIn
i wouldnt mind getting gooden. But if paxson gets pj he has a plan.
RememberThe90's
If we got Gooden...the combo of Skiles and Big Ben would ride his ass...
I guarentee you wouldn't see him dissappearing from games.

PJ has that nice expiring contract though....plus again..I think Skiles could get the best
out of him.
madisonsmadhouse
Gooden>Brown&Smith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.