Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Chandler Stuff....Marcus Camby
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
This is from Sam Smith's latest column so take it for what its worth, but along with mentioning previous names like Boozer, Troy Murphy, and the obvious PJ Brown deal, he goes on to mention the name Marcus Camby

Despite Chandler's uneven play, he is well regarded, especially in the Western Conference, and the Bulls have gotten feelers for deals regarding Troy Murphy of Golden State, Marcus Camby of Denver and Carlos Boozer of Utah.

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind Camby. He's a bit older than the rest but he's a hell of a defensive player and is a better scorer than Chandler while at the same time would still bring a lot of defense and athletism which would make a nasty duo in the front court.

I could definately see the Nuggets making this deal, especailly after they comitted all that money to Nene and I know they are interested in moving some guys. Problem is they are probably more interested in moving Kenyon.
The Dude Abides
Camby would have to play PF and I think he is a center...although he would be a great fit at PF...Isn't he injury prone though?
rangercal
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2006, 06:09 AM)
This is from Sam Smith's latest column so take it for what its worth, but along with mentioning previous names like Boozer, Troy Murphy, and the obvious PJ Brown deal, he goes on to mention the name Marcus Camby

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind Camby. He's a bit older than the rest but he's a hell of a defensive player and is a better scorer than Chandler while at the same time would still bring a lot of defense and athletism which would make a nasty duo in the front court.

I could definately see the Nuggets making this deal, especailly after they comitted all that money to Nene and I know they are interested in moving some guys. Problem is they are probably more interested in moving Kenyon.

Kenyon martin... just another player on the endless list who stopped playing to his potential after his payday. jpshakehead.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 3 2006, 10:18 PM)
Camby would have to play PF and I think he is a center...although he would be a great fit at PF...Isn't he injury prone though?

Indeed he is. But he did lead the NBA in blocked shots and along with Wallace and the backcourt (Deng/Noc/Hinrich/Gordon/etc) we could really play an uptempo style offense where we ran a lot while still playing explosive shut down defense.

Camby is 32 though and hte last 3 years have been the healthies of his career (56, 66, and 72). The 56 games is this past year and that goes back.

Honestly if we got him the Bulls would have to get something else cause there is a major risk in Camby. Someone promises me he's heatlhy and I'd take him, but I do think Gooden may just be the best option (in terms of being the least risky simply due to his health and he does have a bevy of low post moves and I think Skiles can motivate him and it will be nice to have him with one of his friends and a college teammate in Hinrich).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 3 2006, 10:19 PM)
Kenyon martin... just another player on the endless list who stopped playing to his potential after his payday. jpshakehead.gif

I like Martin and his intensity on the court, but man something happened whne he went to Denver. Injuries played a part in it, but wow, that Denver team was supposed to turn into something and it hasn't happened yet. They've spent a ton of money too (Nene, Carmelo, Kenyon, Andre Miller all making big bucks). Plus Camby has a big contract and is signed for either 4 or 5 more years.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2006, 12:22 AM)
Indeed he is. But he did lead the NBA in blocked shots and along with Wallace and the backcourt (Deng/Noc/Hinrich/Gordon/etc) we could really play an uptempo style offense where we ran a lot while still playing explosive shut down defense.

Camby is 32 though and hte last 3 years have been the healthies of his career (56, 66, and 72). The 56 games is this past year and that goes back.

Honestly if we got him the Bulls would have to get something else cause there is a major risk in Camby. Someone promises me he's heatlhy and I'd take him, but I do think Gooden may just be the best option (in terms of being the least risky simply due to his health and he does have a bevy of low post moves and I think Skiles can motivate him and it will be nice to have him with one of his friends and a college teammate in Hinrich).

I honestly dont think Camby is a serious consideration...

If Camby were 5 years younger without a history of injuries, I would really hope to get him bc teaming him up with big ben would be awesome.

There's a better player for us out there. I trust Pax.
rangercal
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2006, 06:24 AM)
I like Martin and his intensity on the court, but man something happened whne he went to Denver. Injuries played a part in it, but wow, that Denver team was supposed to turn into something and it hasn't happened yet. They've spent a ton of money too (Nene, Carmelo, Kenyon, Andre Miller all making big bucks). Plus Camby has a big contract and is signed for either 4 or 5 more years.

I wouldn't mind martin over camby. Maybe skiles can work with martin how Coop works with all our pitchers. biggrin.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 4 2006, 12:35 AM)
I wouldn't mind martin over camby. Maybe skiles can work with martin how Coop works with all our pitchers. biggrin.gif

i'd expect Skiles to work with Martin the way he worked with Thomas... send him home... and keep mailing him paychecks.* rolleyes.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Give me one of the guys who can score, so that we can keep the double teams off of Wallace to a minimum.
Bullies4Life
Wow, ben Wallace and Camby on the same court would just be sick. Camby is one of the best shot blockers in the league and is a very good rebounder as well. The guy can also hit the mid range shot which is always good. Seriously, w/ Big Ben and Camby, i think we definately have a chance to go all the way. Our Defense would be one of the best ever. EVER. I mean, whos gonna drive into the paint? Teams would mostly just be shooting jump shots all day laugh.gif

-I guess the only reason why Denver could be shopping Camby is because of his injuries. And thats a concern for the Bulls as Well. Thats why if we get Marcus Camby, lets just save him up for the Playoffs, and unleash the Beast! biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 4 2006, 09:13 AM)
i'd expect Skiles to work with Martin the way he worked with Thomas... send him home... and keep mailing him paychecks.* rolleyes.gif

exactly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.