Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Quotes From Chandler
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
This is taken from this article in the trib, but I think its always interesting to hear what a player says in regards to his name being mentioned in trade rumors. I should add, despite all the talk I've had about dealing Tys, he is one of my favorite Bulls and I think he's a great person and a hard worker who has a great attitude.

I wish he didn't get poor advice and quit working out because of what his agent said last year cause it could very well have really put him back this year, but he did make that mistake and it may mean he's out of Chicago.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Anyway, here's the quotes, nothing jawdropping, but still informative:
"I've been hearing a lot of stuff," he said. "It really doesn't bother me. I'm a Chicago Bull. As of right now, my focus is on getting better and working out this summer.

"My thing is, regardless of what happens, I'm going to be an All-Star next year. I realize I had a tough year last year. I'm not going to allow that to happen again in my career.

"If I get traded, I'll be somewhere else with the same plan."
The Dude Abides
"I'll be an all star?"

funniest quote by a professional athlete in a long time.
rangercal
Why do I get fooled by Chandlers quotes every year? sad.gif Bring him back, he's 7'1
SoxFan1
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 4 2006, 01:21 AM)
Why do I get fooled by Chandlers quotes every year? sad.gif Bring him back, he's 7'1

Getting fooled by him is worse than getting fooled by ESPN.
rangercal
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 4 2006, 06:25 AM)

I know. I fall for it every year . sad.gif
soxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 4 2006, 12:25 AM)

If its him or Boozer id rather us keep Chandler.... Boozer is no doubt a better player but i dont want a huge contract on the injured list 24/7.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 4 2006, 12:40 AM)
If its him or Boozer id rather us keep Chandler.... Boozer is no doubt a better player but i dont want a huge contract on the injured list 24/7.

I am all for getting rid of chandler...but not for a different type of mess.

I think getting Boozer would just be getting a pf for the sake of getting one.
soxfan101
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 4 2006, 12:43 AM)
I am all for getting rid of chandler...but not for a different type of mess.

I think getting Boozer would just be getting a pf for the sake of getting one.

I really like the deal to the Hornets but I also wouldnt mind a deal that would involve us bringing in Gooden or Harrington to a lesser extent.
JPargo
i say keep chandler around one more year.If he doesn't get any better trade him.
HoofHearted
There's nothing wrong with a little cocky overconfidence.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jul 4 2006, 12:51 AM)
There's nothing wrong with a little cocky overconfidence.

a guy who averages 6-8 pts, 8 rebs, 5 fouls and can never play bc he has to be on the bench...thinks he's going to be an all star? that's beyond cocky. it's delusional.
RememberThe90's
My thing is, regardless of what happens, I'm going to be an All-Star next year.

LOL...OMFG....Funniest spiff I have read in A LONG TIME!

LOL....great stuff.
The Gladiator
I think he could very well be an Allstar no doubt! If he adds to his game this offseason there aint a reason in hell why he couldnt.
madisonsmadhouse
I'd much rather hear Tyson say that he is going to be an all-star next year than for him to say yeah I think I am going to suck on the offensive end, and rebound the ball pretty well...
SleepyWhiteSox
I'm going to be an All-Star next year.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4 2006, 09:48 AM)
I'd much rather hear Tyson say that he is going to be an all-star next year than for him to say yeah I think I am going to suck on the offensive end, and rebound the ball pretty well...

Defiantely. At least he's confident and aside from getting the big contract and having some bad advice he's always played hard in Chicago and I give him credit for that.
Soxbadger
I like Chanlder and still think he can turn it around. Ben should help him not foul so much on the defensive end.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4 2006, 11:48 AM)

Oh, please...it's so obvious that he's saying those things because he knows he's gonna get traded and wants us to regret it...where were the All-Star proclamations prior to any year coming in as a Bull??? All we got was him coming in out of shape because he had already gotten paid...
Soxbadger
He is only 23.

No one will deny his physical ability, its all in his head. Who knows what playing with Ben Wallace will do for a young player.

Most of these trades are basically trash for trash, if Im going to pick Id rather have younger trash with upside.
BigBen
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 4 2006, 12:19 PM)
He is only 23.

No one will deny his physical ability, its all in his head. Who knows what playing with Ben Wallace will do for a young player.

Most of these trades are basically trash for trash, if Im going to pick Id rather have younger trash with upside.

It's hard to trade overpaid trash for anything other than trash. laugh.gif
The Dude Abides
Tyson has been in this league for 5 years. In those 5 years he hasnt added 1 low post move, hasnt learned how to shoot the ball from 5 ft, can't dunk on anybody remotely near his size, can't catch the ball, hasn't put on 5 lbs of muscle, still hasnt learned how to not jump in the air and swat at someone driving to the hoop...but this year...he is going to learn how to do all that? please.

If he couldnt even make slight improvements in 5 years, how is he going to make that kind of a leap this year?

It's all talk. Maybe if he ever worked on his game, hit the weight room, etc...But he hasnt and I dont believe he will now.
Wanne
I like the PJ deal. a) he'll be a good addition cool.gif it gives the bulls flexibility next year if they want to make a run at guys like Lebron (as slim as it may seem). But you do need to at least keep the door open for something like that.

Boozer- pffffffffffft
Murphy- I actually like him quite a bit...but I think the bulls would be better served keeping options open for next year with a deal like Brown's.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 4 2006, 12:16 PM)
Oh, please...it's so obvious that he's saying those things because he knows he's gonna get traded and wants us to regret it...where were the All-Star proclamations prior to any year coming in as a Bull??? All we got was him coming in out of shape because he had already gotten paid...

I should have known you'd be lurking in the weeds for this thread laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.