Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pistons Make Offer for Joel Pyrzbilla
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
The Oregonian - It looks like the Detroit Pistons didn't waste any time trying to secure a replacement for Ben Wallace.

According to Jason Quick from The Oregonian, at 9 p.m. Portland time, Przybilla will have a tele-conference with his agent, Bill Duffy, regarding an offer from the Detroit Pistons .

This comes after former Detroit center Wallace agreed in principle to a free agent contract with the Chicago Bulls . The Pistons immediately made contact with Duffy regarding Przybilla, and apparently Przybilla will strongly consider the offer from the Pistons.

Reached at about 8 p.m. Portland time, Duffy said he expects Przybilla to make his decision by Tuesday morning after spending a night mulling over Detroit's offer.

Quick belives that the Pistons are favorites to land Przybilla's services.

He's not Ben Wall, but he's the best thing out on the FA market when it comes to a defensive big who can alter shots and do some nice things. Plus leaving Portland and going to a winning team and system should really help him out.

Its a nice consolation prize for the Pistons. They are definately worse, but they are still a playoff team and you never know what can happen. They are still very talented.
BuLLzDoMaIn
If they get joel it helps them. Not fully but it is a good pick up
The Dude Abides
He's going to slow them down quite a bit, but it will give them a lot of size in the middle.
madisonsmadhouse
The Bulls could steal Prz from them as well... How awesome would that be?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4 2006, 09:42 AM)
The Bulls could steal Prz from them as well... How awesome would that be?

No cap space, especially if the Bulls front ended Garnett's deal so the FA period may very well be over for Chicago.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2006, 11:43 AM)
No cap space, especially if the Bulls front ended Garnett's deal so the FA period may very well be over for Chicago.

We get some room to backload a deal if Garnett is dealt for Brown.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4 2006, 09:48 AM)
We get some room to backload a deal if Garnett is dealt for Brown.

I assume you mean Chandler for Brown, but that deal actually has the Bulls taking on more cap space any way you shoot it (whether its Smith coming along or the Euro player or both).

And if we deal Garnett, the end result will be the Bulls over the cap. Also with Wallace on board it looks doutbful that they'll even contact Joel (even if they instead back loaded Wallace's contract and had about 5.5 mill left; if that were the case I'd look for them to find a scoring big).
SleepyWhiteSox
He re-signed with portland.

Personally, 5/30 sounds more appealing than Ben's 4/60, but I hope it works out well for the Bulls...
DutheDoduhon21
so much for the bulls signing him

ESPN
madisonsmadhouse
Wow. I am surprised someone didn't offer him more money than that out of desparation.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5 2006, 05:30 AM)
Wow. I am surprised someone didn't offer him more money than that out of desparation.

Thats a pretty darn solid deal for Pyrzbilla, imo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.