Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben Wallace Situation reminds me
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
rangercal
of the Horace Grant Situation. When he left us for orlando. sad.gif I hate it when a FA breaks your heart. I kind of feel bad for pistons fans. I still hate them. If someone like Pip ever left for the pistons he would be dead to me. Has there ever been a FA that just pissed you off when he left?

Mine are Horace Grant, Magglio Ordonez ( White Sox) , Jack Mcdowell ( White Sox), Thats the top 3 that come up instantly when I think about it.
bschmaranz
I know this really doesn't fit into the scenario, but I was pretty upset when Kenny dealt Carlos Lee FOR Pods last year...

For some odd reason, I'm not upset anymore... headbang.gif snr.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
I don't think there is anything underhanded or wrong in what Grant or Wallace did. Ultimately, this is there job. And like any job, unless you really love the situation, you follow money.

The Piston fans I know plan on giving Ben a standing O when he comes back to Detroit.... they apreciate the championship he bought them, and think management was being cheap.
rangercal
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 5 2006, 07:24 AM)
I don't think there is anything underhanded or wrong in what Grant or Wallace did. Ultimately, this is there job. And like any job, unless you really love the situation, you follow money.

The Piston fans I know plan on giving Ben a standing O when he comes back to Detroit.... they apreciate the championship he bought them, and think management was being cheap.

I was 12 years old when Grant did that. I grew up loving the bulls since I was 4. I felt betrayed at the time. As an adult, I accept it a lot better.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 5 2006, 01:16 AM)
of the Horace Grant Situation. When he left us for orlando. sad.gif I hate it when a FA breaks your heart. I kind of feel bad for pistons fans. I still hate them. If someone like Pip ever left for the pistons he would be dead to me. Has there ever been a FA that just pissed you off when he left?

Mine are Horace Grant, Magglio Ordonez ( White Sox) , Jack Mcdowell ( White Sox), Thats the top 3 that come up instantly when I think about it.

The Sox actually traded Black Jack FWIW... But back to the point, Robin Ventura was the one that broke my heart.
Wanne
I don't think I EVER got over Wilbur Marshall leaving the Bears (the start of the downfall IMO).
Chisoxfn
Rosie Colvin leaving the Bears was rough. Turned out to be the right move since Rosie got hurt for a couple years.
SoxFan1
Oh man, when Maggs left the Sox, I was close to devastated. Now, I could care less. biggrin.gif
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 01:38 PM)
Oh man, when Maggs left the Sox, I was close to devastated. Now, I could care less. biggrin.gif

I like Maggs still. Shame on you. tongue.gif

jpshakehead.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 5 2006, 01:42 PM)
I like Maggs still. Shame on you. tongue.gif

jpshakehead.gif

Well, he got the money he wanted and we ended up winning a World Series. I'd say it was a good deal.
The Gladiator
I was mad when we traded Elton Brand
GreatScott82
Horace Grant leaving hurt the Bulls pretty bad. Well at least for one season, until MJ came back and we aqcuried Rodman to replace him.

Do you guys ever question what would of happend if Grant didn't leave or Jordan didn't retire? In 1994 the Bulls almost won it all w/o Michael. (DAMN HUGH HOLLINS) In 1995 the Bulls extrememly missed Grant and by the time Michael came back he was too rusty. Finally in 1996 the real Jordan was back and they found a replacement for Grant (a better one in Rodman) they went on to win there second three peat.

Hmm if Jordan didnt retire and Grant stayed could the Bulls have possibly won 8 straight titles? Or did they need a guy like Dennis during the 2nd three peat Bulls days?

Can you guys imagine 8 straight titles???!?!? 91-98 WOW
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 01:47 PM)
Well, he got the money he wanted and we ended up winning a World Series. I'd say it was a good deal.

Indeed. cheers.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 01:49 PM)
I was mad when we traded Elton Brand

I don't even want to talk about that. Ugh...
Goldmember
krause got senile in his last couple years as gm, i swear it...

anyway the ones that left breaking my heart were two that were mentioned already: robin & rosie as well as chelios. another that hurt although a lil different situation was michael with the wiz...
The Dude Abides
Jordan playing on the wizards was hard to handle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.