Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tom Dore's Idea for the Bulls!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
While I was in the car today I was listening to the Salsbury Rosenbloom show and they were talking to Tom Dore who is the TV Broadcaster for the Chicago Bulls. Sean asked him the question on how he thinks the Bulls should solve the SG problem because he thinks Ben Gordon is more suited towards the Bench. Tom Said he thought the Bulls should move Luol Deng over to the 2 spot.

He said, "I know Luol isnt the quickest guy but his defense is improving and he has the biggest arm span on the team, also think of it as how would a 2guard gaurd him? Thats a good point. Thus letting us move Tyrus or more likely Nocioni to the SF position. I myself would rather see Deng Beef up some and play some PowerForward but this could work to. There wont be many 2 gaurds that can man up against Deng considering hes 6'9 and would probably out muscle them in the paint.

One funny thing that Dore was asked is, what if Ben Wallace has another one of his famous "Blowups" where he wants the Ball more etc etc, Dore replied "Well if he does, I hope its not on the Plane and if it is Im hoping my buddy Wayne Laravee is doing the game because I sure as heck dont want to see Skiles and Ben Wallace yelling at eachother because Scott Skiles is Fearless, he is afraid of no one." I thought that was quite funny....

Ben Gordon may be better suited for a backup but I think he deserves a chance to start at the beginning of the season to prove to Skiles that he can defend and handle the ball at his position. With luol as a starting 2 gaurd, I could imagine a lineup of..

PG Kirk
SG Luol
SF Noc
PF Sweets
C Wallace

a much taller backcourt and Noc who proved to be one of our best players down the stretch could be a good thing.
ZoomSlowik
Not a smart move. You lose a lot of quickness in doing that, and a lot of perimeter shooting. You also have one less ball-handler (Gordon might not be great, but he's still a lot better than Luol in that area). He'd also get abused defensively, he's just not quick enough to stay with a lot of these guys. Deng and Noc guarding a team like New Jersey would give me nightmares. There's a reason you don't see too many 6'9" guards.

I don't really see an upside to this offensively either. He'll be able to get his shot up over everyone, but it'll be a bit harder for him to drive, and he'd have to be more careful with the ball. He doesn't exactly post anyone up either.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 01:22 PM)
Not a smart move. You lose a lot of quickness in doing that, and a lot of perimeter shooting. You also have one less ball-handler (Gordon might not be great, but he's still a lot better than Luol in that area). He'd also get abused defensively, he's just not quick enough to stay with a lot of these guys. Deng and Noc guarding a team like New Jersey would give me nightmares. There's a reason you don't see too many 6'9" guards.

i know, im just repeating what Dore said.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 01:25 PM)
i know, im just repeating what Dore said.

Wow, that was a quick avatar change. ohmy.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 01:26 PM)
Wow, that was a quick avatar change. ohmy.gif

lol you like it? A friend drew it for me!
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 01:31 PM)
lol you like it? A friend drew it for me!

Damn! 3 different ones in about 10 minutes. LOL, so off topic now.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 01:39 PM)
Damn! 3 different ones in about 10 minutes. LOL, so off topic now.

lol wich one you like best? Tell me..
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 01:40 PM)
lol wich one you like best? Tell me..

I honestly can't remember the first one right now... The second one worked if you could get rid of the pixel measurement junk on the bottom.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 01:41 PM)
I honestly can't remember the first one right now... The second one worked if you could get rid of the pixel measurement junk on the bottom.

ya im thinkin im going to put the bigger one as my sig...
BigBen
Why do you think Sweets will be starting over P.J. Brown? He won't be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.