Pages: 1, 2
The Gladiator
I just saw that... Were going to regret this IMO

Might I add, that IMO JR Smith will start for us this season
RememberThe90's
adios chandler.

Thankfully.
SoxFan1
A beam of light just came down from the heavens and shined on me. Thank you John Paxson. And to Chandler, I wish him the best of luck in New Orleans. Welcome aboard PJ and JR!
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 03:21 PM)
A beam of light just came down from the heavens and shined on me. Thank you John Paxson. And to Chandler, I wish him the best of luck in New Orleans. Welcome aboard PJ and JR!

Well even though I hate the trade, I trust Paxson... for now... But I do believe IMHO that Tyson Chandler will be an Allstar someday. I realize Pax is trying to speed up the Title process and therefore didnt want to wait untill Chandler Developed. The kid is still 23 years old.....
Goldmember
best of luck mr. chandler, welcome mr. brown and mr. smith...cheers.gif
ZoomSlowik
I'd rather have Chandler than Brown, but they obviously needed to save some money. I will say this though: Smith is a VERY talented player. He's very athletic and has some serious range on his jumpshot.

I gotta imagine that someone is going to go in another deal though. We've got way too many SG/SF types now. Something big must be in the works. We've got a lot of talented guys that are somewhat expendable (Gordon, Deng, Smith, Sefolosha, Thomas). That's a lot of ammo.
illinilaw08
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 03:14 PM)
I just saw that... Were going to regret this IMO

Might I add, that IMO JR Smith will start for us this season

Disagree on us regretting this trade, Tyson didnt really have a spot with Wallace on board, and even though I was a big Tyson supporter, Wallace is an upgrade.

PJ Brown is a stabalizing veteran big man in the rotation. He isnt a star, but he's a solid player who will contribute this year AND his contract will be off the books next year.

JR Smith is only 20 years old and gets thrown into the rotation at the 2 guard spot. I agree that he could start for this team next year assuming that his defense is up to snuff.

Pax still has tons of chips to play with this off-season and I say there's a chance there will be another deal on the horizon.
SoxFan1
PJ Brown, Ben Wallace, JR Smith > Darius Songaila, Tyson Chandler, Eric Piatkowski

To say this trade doesn't improve the Bulls is asinine.
SoxFan1
To add, JR Smith averaged 10 ppg when he started 50+ games in his rookie season. He'll be an integral player on the Bulls if we do in fact keep Brown and Smith.
The Gladiator
we cannot trade PJ or JR for another 90 days starting on July 12.. NBA Rules.
BuLLzDoMaIn
paxson trades chandler cause of his contract. It wasnt a bad move. Trust paxson this trade helps us. If it didnt help he wouldnt of done the trade.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 03:29 PM)
PJ Brown, Ben Wallace, JR Smith > Darius Songaila, Tyson Chandler, Eric Piatkowski

That's definitely true, assuming that dealing Chandler was a pre-requisite for getting Wallace, which it sounds like.
Goldmember

word.
BuLLzDoMaIn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 03:30 PM)
To add, JR Smith averaged 10 ppg when he started 50+ games in his rookie season. He'll be an integral player on the Bulls if we do in fact keep Brown and Smith.

yeah. If skiles likes what he sees in JR. he will end up staying.
The Gladiator
Like I said, JR Smith will end up starting because he is big and strong at 6'6. He is also 20 years old. Im one of the people that think BG is better off the bench.
sport1016
Would be nice to send PJ, JR, and somone for Wilcox,

but even though this team probably can't win a title next year it has to get you excited about this season and make a championship a real possibility very soon

with PJ's contract coming off the books we shouldn't have issues resigning our young core and between that and the knicks pick next year we should get a chance to find our post scorer next off-season if pax is done dealing

In terms of post scoring next year, we probably won't be too bad. Wallace wants a bigger role on offense, and you know skiles and pax said he could have it. Now its not like he'll be posting up or anything all game, but i could see him averaging a nice 9pts and 11 rebounds, over 2 blocks. PJ's career suggests his good for 10-11ppg and 7-8 rpg.

Getting almost 20 and 20 from your starting pf and center isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus, look for sweetney to put in another 10ppg off the bench down low and noc to do a little inside scoring too. It won't be just one player making a difference down there, but I think it will be enough bc we are so deep and have A LOT of people who can do SOME scoring down low.
TeaLeafReaderII

the trade is chandler for Brown and smith... Wallace isn't part of it.

and to say that Wallace, Smith, and Brown isn't better then Wallace and Chandler is not asinine. Its debatable.

I don't like this trade at all, but once again... I have faith in Paxson.
The Gladiator
Im beginning to like this starting lineup.

PG Hinrich
SG Smith or BG
SF Deng
PF Sweets
C Wallace
The Gladiator
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 5 2006, 03:37 PM)

and to say that Wallace, Smith, and Brown isn't better then Wallace and Chandler is not asinine. Its debatable.

im with ya man. I dont like it either dry.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 5 2006, 03:37 PM)

and to say that Wallace, Smith, and Brown isn't better then Wallace and Chandler is not asinine.  Its debatable.

That's assuming that we'd keep both of them, which is doesn't sound like they were going to do. $25 mil a year for two guys that might average 15 points COMBINED per game doesn't sound too appealing, no matter how good the defense is. Brown's contract is also up a lot sooner than Chandler's.
Iguana
woo hoo!!

but the trade was actually delayed because every time Chandler tried to pick up the phone.... he dropped it.
WHarris1
Tyson Chandler during the season? Everyones whipping boy.
When it comes time for Tyson to leave? Tyson lovers pop out of the ground.
sport1016
Also, its 60 days i believe not 90, for how long we have to wait to trade someone we aquire july 12
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Iguana @ Jul 5 2006, 03:41 PM)
woo hoo!!

but the trade was actually delayed because every time Chandler tried to pick up the phone.... he dropped it.

you got that from Real GM... You plagirist.. tongue.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 5 2006, 04:37 PM)

Well, I'm talking as on overall offseason makeover.

Added:
Tyrus Thomas
Viktor Khryapa
Thabo Sefolosha
Ben Wallace
PJ Brown
JR Smith

Subtracted:
Eric Piatkowski
Darius Songaila
Jannero Pargo
soxfan101
I really did love Chandler.... id even call him Chandawg when i watched the games... dont ask me why it just sounded cool at the time lol. But I cant really say im sad he is gone... I was kind of pissed more when EC left because he showed flashes that season of dominance unlike Chandler.

That being said I have always been a huge fan of JR Smith and always thought it would be great if we had him but never thought it would happen....Also is there any chance we can still do a deal for Wilcox or is that basicly dead now?
BigBen
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 03:37 PM)

PG Hinrich
SG Smith or BG
SF Deng
PF Sweets
C Wallace

P.J. Brown will be starting over Sweets...

PG Hinrich
SG Gordon
SF Deng or Nocioni (not sure who Skiles is going to start here)
PF Brown
C Wallace
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 01:26 PM)
I'd rather have Chandler than Brown, but they obviously needed to save some money. I will say this though: Smith is a VERY talented player. He's very athletic and has some serious range on his jumpshot.

I gotta imagine that someone is going to go in another deal though. We've got way too many SG/SF types now. Something big must be in the works. We've got a lot of talented guys that are somewhat expendable (Gordon, Deng, Smith, Sefolosha, Thomas). That's a lot of ammo.

Ya, I think you hit the nail on the head of this. This deal is a loss in terms of talent, although JR Smith is a very talented player, teams covet guys with the size and athletism of Chandler (even though he's been a mediocre player most every year).

But the bigger picture is JR has said he won't go over the luxury threshold for Chandler and my guess is this is partly because they feel they could have other more important options in the future and PJ Brown can obviusly still be dealt (since we have a few days to reswap them, and than after that 60 days) in a sign and trade (he may be more attractive since his contract comes to an end and would allow a team to basically take there cap space from this year and move it on to next year).

I am guessing we keep Brown and Smith for now, but Smith is a very valuable commodity and according to that ESPN article a ton of teams have looked after him. The only questionmark I have is that we are really really deep on the wings and I'd have to think someone (or two players) will be moved from that position.

I do wish the best to Chandler cause I think he has a good attitude.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 01:35 PM)
Like I said, JR Smith will end up starting because he is big and strong at 6'6. He is also 20 years old. Im one of the people that think BG is better off the bench.

I agree on Ben being a better bench player but right now Ben is more prepared to start than JR Smith (I'm shocked I am saying that) but long term Smith joins Deng as the two guys with the most upside on this team (oh and Tyrus Thomas, but I am more quiet on him just because he has yet to play in the league and still needs a whole lot of experience).

I don't know if we are gonna be able to get him enough minutes, but hopefully he comes in with the right attitude and appreciates the fact that he's coming to a team that is on an upswing with not only playoff expectations, but the expectations to at least win a series or two in the playoffs (obviously the goal is to win it all, but baby steps my friends, baby steps).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 5 2006, 01:35 PM)
Would be nice to send PJ, JR, and somone for Wilcox,

but even though this team probably can't win a title next year it has to get you excited about this season and make a championship a real possibility very soon

with PJ's contract coming off the books we shouldn't have issues resigning our young core and between that and the knicks pick next year we should get a chance to find our post scorer next off-season if pax is done dealing

In terms of post scoring next year, we probably won't be too bad. Wallace wants a bigger role on offense, and you know skiles and pax said he could have it. Now its not like he'll be posting up or anything all game, but i could see him averaging a nice 9pts and 11 rebounds, over 2 blocks. PJ's career suggests his good for 10-11ppg and 7-8 rpg.

Getting almost 20 and 20 from your starting pf and center isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus, look for sweetney to put in another 10ppg off the bench down low and noc to do a little inside scoring too. It won't be just one player making a difference down there, but I think it will be enough bc we are so deep and have A LOT of people who can do SOME scoring down low.

I think Pax has to be thinking this team is still 2-3 years away from a title unless all goes right. He is freeing up some salary to tie up all his bigs while getting a year out of one of the best vets in the league (just in terms of lockeroom presence, poise and attitude). This, along with Big Ben, will help prepare the baby Bulls and help move the maturation process along.

Pax has to be banking on getting a high enough pick from the Knicks to go out and get the final piece, the scoring big that this team needs (and considering it is looking like a very deep big man draft, that isn't a bad bet). You never know whats going to happen though and I'm sure Pax's plan B would be to turn around and swing a few of our younger players (some of the Wings that don't start but have a lot of potential) into a scoring 4.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 5 2006, 01:37 PM)

Ya, but the message is, we wouldn't have signed Wallace if we hadn't basically agreed to move Chandler (this deal was supposedly in place prior to Wallace signing, which is probably because they knew if he did sign they had to be able to move Tyson's contract for JR's approval on the whole 60 mill offer).

Just like AJP and Tadahito Iguchi weren't a part of the Podsednik trade (oh and El Duque) the dela had to be made in order to get those guys here for salary purposes.

That is the way you have to look at this move. (IMO).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 01:37 PM)

PG Hinrich
SG Smith or BG
SF Deng
PF Sweets
C Wallace

PJ Brown will start, but Sweets will get plenty of minutes off the bench if he has worked himself into shape.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 5 2006, 01:45 PM)
Also, its 60 days i believe not 90, for how long we have to wait to trade someone we aquire july 12

That is correct.
bschmaranz
I like it... get rid of that albatross of a deal and get a good guy with leadership qualities in PJ Brown. I always thought of him as the poor-man's Horace Grant. Good defender and rebounder with a solid 12-15 foot jumper.

headbang.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 5 2006, 01:50 PM)
I really did love Chandler.... id even call him Chandawg when i watched the games... dont ask me why it just sounded cool at the time lol. But I cant really say im sad he is gone... I was kind of pissed more when EC left because he showed flashes that season of dominance unlike Chandler.

That being said I have always been a huge fan of JR Smith and always thought it would be great if we had him but never thought it would happen....Also is there any chance we can still do a deal for Wilcox or is that basicly dead now?

Obviously if we really don't plan on keeping PJ Brown, we could move him in a sign and trade (and 8 mill per year is about what it will take to get Chris, imo).

We would have a few days to do so, basically till the 15th (I think we have 3 days from when the trade becomes official to move any of the guys we acquire. After that we have to keep them for 60 days).
Bullseye
lets see here...

Wallace C
Sweetney PF-C
Nocioni SF
Deng SF
Khrypa SF-PF
Thomas SF-PF
Thoda(i forget his last name) SG-SF
Brown PF-C
Smith SG
Gordon G
Hinrich PG
Duhon G
Pargo G
Allen F
Harrington PF-C

I smell another trade coming...
soxfan101
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5 2006, 04:12 PM)
Obviously if we really don't plan on keeping PJ Brown, we could move him in a sign and trade (and 8 mill per year is about what it will take to get Chris, imo).

We would have a few days to do so, basically till the 15th (I think we have 3 days from when the trade becomes official to move any of the guys we acquire. After that we have to keep them for 60 days).

So do you see it as a real possibility Paxson can still make a move for Wilcox? This team right now I can see being a top 3 seed possibly and winning a playoff series or 2. With Wilcox I could see us doing major dmg if he is anywhere near the player he looked like in Seattle.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 5 2006, 02:17 PM)
So do you see it as a real possibility Paxson can still make a move for Wilcox? This team right now I can see being a top 3 seed possibly and winning a playoff series or 2. With Wilcox I could see us doing major dmg if he is anywhere near the player he looked like in Seattle.

Only if they move PJ Brown in the sign and trade, but I'm sure they could do something if that was in there mind.
SleepyWhiteSox
All I can say is...

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Bullseye
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 5 2006, 04:21 PM)
All I can say is...

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

you didn't say anything. you showed emotion though!
The Dude Abides
WOW!!!!!

This is just as exciting as signing Big Ben!!!!

Finally, the last piece of the dark ages for Bulls basketball is gone.

PJ Brown, while not great, is an upgrade from Chandler...

Remember, we have the Knicks pick next year and it is going to be one of the best drafts for big men in recent history.(thanks Isiah!!!)

I am so happy, I can't even express it in words...

Pax definitely had a plan and has executed it to perfection so far. So I doubted you Pax when you traded LA for T2...I believe and will never falter again.

Plus....this gives us cap room next year to resign our core players for long term.

I am so excited to never have to see Chandler not dunk, foul out, trip over his own feet, loose the ball out of bounds for no reason, not have a low post move, etc.

Can you tell I am so freaking happy?!!!!!

cheers.gif Drinking.gif
sport1016
I'd still love to get wilcox, but think about the possibility that jr smith, deng, and tyrus could all be bench players next year. That's more star potential on our bench than many teams have in their whole lineup.

hinrich/duhon
gordon/thabo/smith
deng/noc/khryapa
brown/tyrus/sweets
wallace/allen

Has to be another move coming....that's 13 guys that belong on the active roster. The only guys you could leave off an active roster talent wise are allen and khrapa, but allen is our only backup center besides PJ and we traded for khryapa, so we must like him.

Has to be another deal coming....

oh, and btw, ppl need to stop putting ppl on our roster who are gone. Pargo and Othella are free agents and as good as gone.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 03:24 PM)
Well even though I hate the trade, I trust Paxson... for now... But I do believe IMHO that Tyson Chandler will be an Allstar someday. I realize Pax is trying to speed up the Title process and therefore didnt want to wait untill Chandler Developed. The kid is still 23 years old.....

While I vehemently disagree with you about Chandler...

you are right...Pax believes we are ready to win now

your Big Ben sig is really freaking cool.
HoofHearted
I think you all know how I feel about this deal, so all I'm going to say is there better be another freaking deal either already in place or in the works. So now we have ONE capable center and FIVE second and third tier power forwards. Paxson better resign Songaila if the price is right, with Centers going for 5 mil a season, I wouldnt mind shelling out 5 for a scoring PF in Darius.
WHarris1
THE BOOK IS CLOSED ON THE JERRY KRAUSE ERA
The Dude Abides

exactly...

I'm actually pretty excited to have JR smith on the Bulls. He is a wildcard...could develop into a very good player...I can't believe how athletic this team is now. Pax has definitely taken out almost all of our holes from last year.

What a difference an offseason can make.

Pax is definitely the leading candidate for exec of the year...
DutheDoduhon21
i definently didnt want this trade to happen,i think tyson is going to be good, but i think jr smith is going to be a really good player for us at G, and now we have a PF in brown but i thiink we need another C still
HoofHearted
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 03:35 PM)

It would be nice to have BG coming off the bench for us again. He seemed to lose a lot at the end of games while starting. Maybe Sef will get some reps at PG, as he is supposed to be very experienced there, and can bring the ball up the court.
HoofHearted
Double
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.