Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Draft-Stocks Rising/Falling IMO!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
The Gladiator
as already a weak draft, I have noticed some players on there way up in the draft and on the way down, right now I will list the players that are on there way up/same/and down. And then I will continue untill I have the ONE player I want in the draft and why. Here goes....

Stocks Rising-

Tyrus Thomas- Only a freshman but as tough as they come. He is a force down low and can get easy second chance points. Super Athletic and I think potentially moved him self from 8-12 down to 1-5 easily. If he keeps this up he can ensure himself number one.

Marcus Williams- He is so poise under pressure, if you watched him last night he just would keep on coming and coming and coming into the paint. A superb finisher around the basket and is the best assist man in the game although in this tourny he has showed both, he is averaging around 24 ppg in his games so far. Could have moved himself from 16-20 to 8-14.

Rodney Carney- The Best Athlete in the draft. A senior who has improved his 3 point shot and is shooting like 42% from there so far in this tourney. A slasher with great size and posseses good rebounding skills. Could be a superstar in the NBA. Moved himself from 6-9 to 1-4.

Big Baby Davis- Baby Shaq. A freaking Beast, actually made a three point shot today. Not fully developed yet but has improved during the tournement. If one team was to draft him this year then it will likely be a "Project" but who knows huh.gif maybe he'll end up the next shaq?

Rashad Anderson- A very very clutch shot against Washington last night. has a great 3 point shot and is an all around good player. From the last two performances hes had so far hes moved himself into id say the beginning of the second to end of 1st.

Brandon Roy- Uses both hands well and is the best Driver in the game. An average shot but with practice can be better. A solid player at both ends of the floor. A good choice for ne team. moved himself from 8-12 to 4-10.

Stock Staying The Same-

Lamarcus Aldridge- Has stayed about the same so far in average performances in the Tourney. I just dont see him do much against Solid NCAA teams and therfore I dont think I would take him #1. pry stayed around 1-4.

Adam Morrison- still scored 24 points in a losing effort against UCLA. I garantee u if he gets to Boston, they will select him in a heartbeat (for obvioius reasons..) He could be the next larry bird. 1-4

Dee Brown- The one man fast break didnt do so well in this years tourney and IMO is overated but thats besides the point. He didnt score well but rebounded terrificly and he has probably stayed any where from end of 1st to beginning of 2nd.

Sheldin Williams- had solid performances but nothing too drastic. A undersized big man. would be good for a championship caliber team.

James Augustine- A great Rebounder,one of the best. Would be a great choice in beginning to middle of Second Round.

Stock Falling-

Rudy Gay- hasnt performed well at all during Ucons run. He has all the potential in the world but needs to perform in big games so that he can raise his draft status.
anywhere from 2-7 depending on his remaining games.

Josh Mcroberts- Did zilcho in the tourney nuff said, a project

JJ Redick- had a terrible tourney only scoring 2 points in his final game probably dropped him a couple slots. 10-16

Ronnie Brewer- Did ne one even notice this guy in the Tournament? I sure didnt.

Now here are the possible top five guys I would want on the Bulls

1.Tyrus Thomas
2.Rodney Carney
3.Lamarcus Aldridge
4.Rudy Gay
5.Big Baby Davis

Now Here are the final 2

Rodney Carney and Tyrus Thomas, As you can see, I love Athletes, I think Thomas would be some sort of risk if we take him but Carney wouldnt and therfore he is the guy I want the bulls to draft, but I WOULD LOVE them to draft Thomas if not Carney.

MODS DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THIS THREAD!! I WORKED SO HARD ON THIS!!
HoofHearted
Davis is nice, and has a great stroke for a man of his size, but his not the next Shaq.

1. He is 5 inches shorter than Shaq.

2. His presence is better from the 5-10 foot range than inside despite his size.

3. He projects to a PF in the NBA, not a center.

Do I think he'll be a good player in the NBA, yes. However, I dont see him being a superstar, he will be great PF for some team to draft and get good D and shot making ability. He looks more like the next Michael Sweetney(with more hops and much better D) to me than the next Shaq.
bulls91
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 25 2006, 08:16 PM)
as already a weak draft, I have noticed some players on there way up in the draft and on the way down, right now I will list the players that are on there way up/same/and down. And then I will continue untill I have the ONE player I want in the draft and why. Here goes....

Stocks Rising-

Tyrus Thomas- Only a freshman but as tough as they come. He is a force down low and can get easy second chance points. Super Athletic and I think potentially moved him self from 8-12 down to 1-5 easily. If he keeps this up he can ensure himself number one.

Marcus Williams- He is so poise under pressure, if you watched him last night he just would keep on coming and coming and coming into the paint. A superb finisher around the basket and is the best assist man in the game although in this tourny he has showed both, he is averaging around 24 ppg in his games so far. Could have moved himself from 16-20 to 8-14.

Rodney Carney- The Best Athlete in the draft. A senior  who has improved his 3 point shot and is shooting like 42% from there so far in this tourney. A slasher with great size and posseses good rebounding skills. Could be a superstar in the NBA. Moved himself from 6-9 to 1-4.

Big Baby Davis- Baby Shaq. A freaking Beast, actually made a three point shot today. Not fully developed yet but has improved during the tournement. If one team was to draft him this year then it will likely be a "Project" but who knows huh.gif maybe he'll end up the next shaq?

Rashad Anderson- A very very clutch shot against Washington last night. has a great 3 point shot and is an all around good player. From the last two performances hes had so far hes moved himself into id say the beginning of the second to end of 1st.

Brandon Roy- Uses both hands well and is the best Driver in the game. An average shot but with practice can be better. A solid player at both ends of the floor. A good choice for ne team. moved himself from 8-12 to 4-10.

Stock Staying The Same-

Lamarcus Aldridge- Has stayed about the same so far in average performances in the Tourney. I just dont see him do much against Solid NCAA teams and therfore I dont think I would take him #1. pry stayed around 1-4.

Adam Morrison- still scored 24 points in a losing effort against UCLA. I garantee u if he gets to Boston, they will select him in a heartbeat (for obvioius reasons..) He could be the next larry bird. 1-4

Dee Brown- The one man fast break didnt do so well in this years tourney and IMO is overated but thats besides the point. He didnt score well but rebounded terrificly and he has probably stayed any where from end of 1st to beginning of 2nd.

Sheldin Williams- had solid performances but nothing too drastic. A undersized big man. would be good for a championship caliber team.

James Augustine- A great Rebounder,one of the best. Would be a great choice in beginning to middle of Second Round.

Stock Falling-

Rudy Gay- hasnt performed well at all during Ucons run. He has all the potential in the world but needs to perform in big games so that he can raise his draft status.
anywhere from 2-7 depending on his remaining games.

Josh Mcroberts- Did zilcho in the tourney nuff said, a project

JJ Redick- had a terrible tourney only scoring 2 points in his final game probably dropped him a couple slots. 10-16

Ronnie Brewer- Did ne one even notice this guy in the Tournament? I sure didnt.

Now here are the possible top five guys I would want on the Bulls

1.Tyrus Thomas
2.Rodney Carney
3.Lamarcus Aldridge
4.Rudy Gay
5.Big Baby Davis

Now Here are the final 2

Rodney Carney and Tyrus Thomas, As you can see, I love Athletes, I think Thomas would be some sort of risk if we take him but Carney wouldnt and therfore he is the guy I want the bulls to draft, but I WOULD LOVE them to draft Thomas if not Carney.

MODS DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THIS THREAD!! I WORKED SO HARD ON THIS!!

i would love to have either one of them on our team but the olny thing is they could be another 3-4 inches taller then they would be steller Thomas is only a freshman and could still gro a little bit like deng did but not enough i would still take aldridge. also i would think that Roy would be on your list of players that you would like to see in a bulls uni why was he not?
RememberThe90's
If the Bulls take Morrisson I am gonna hang myself. Seriously.

He won't do crap in the NBA.

I like Carney but he was terrible last night.
madisonsmadhouse
Aldridge looked terrible against a big bodied NBA sized PF< and that kinda scared me. He tried fading away all night instead of using his athletic ability to attack. I have some king sized doubts about this kid based on last night.
Chisoxfn
Aldridge definately played a bit soft last night against the big body player. That said he's still such a smooth player with so much talent (Aldridge is still quite raw though). However if Paxson feels he can trade for a very good to All Star big while still holding onto our pick I'd look for him to grab one of the SG's/SF's and hope one of that guy/Deng could turn into a SG.
Timoperezrulez
We already have a Glen Davis on our team, his name is Michael Sweetney.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 26 2006, 11:48 AM)

lol ya
SoxFan1

Absolutely not. Glen Davis is twice the low post player Sweetney is. His low post moves are better and he is stronger. Baby Shaq....the real version.
madisonsmadhouse

One big difference, Davis isn't afraid to get dirty. He plays defense and rebounds.
SoxFan1
Here is something ESPN had to say about him...

Has a tremendously bright future ... Despite his massive body, he is ultra quick and skilled ... Moves well laterally, feels the defense, spins to the weakside ... Has great instincts in reading his opponents ... A very hard worker in traffic who is relentless on the offensive glass ... Surprisingly quick off the floor on the second and third hop ... Clears out space with his strength and frame ... Effective low post scorer ... He isn't always smooth, but he makes some very impressive moves and his footwork will eventually be there ... Gets to the free throw line ... Solid shooter from 15 ... Can put the ball on the floor and drive ... Good passer from the high post ... Productive shot-blocker ... Has a charismatic personality that will make him highly marketable in the NBA ... Nicknamed "Big Baby ... Concentrated on basketball as a high school senior, but also had a stellar career as tailback on the football team and was considered a big-time lineman prospect ... Also tossed the shot for the U-High track team ... In basketball, earned Parade and McDonald's All-America honors, was named the Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Louisiana ... Averaged 26.4 points and 14.3 rebounds a game along with four blocks ... Full name is Ronald Glen Davis.

Glen Davis
SoxFan1
And this from NBADraft.net...

Strengths: A unique player because of his unreal body strength. Most basketball players are not built like tanks ... Charismatic personality, similar to Shaq ... Excellent feel for the game ... His physical strength is virtually unparalleled for a player his height ... Has the ability to physically overpower players, but also has the skills and finesse of a smaller player ... Has tremendous body control, very soft hands and surprisingly quick feet, which could be attributed to his days on the gridiron ... He sets up strong on the block and establishes position immediately and can seal off players with a simple use of his off arm. Opponents can’t get in front of him ... Excels at squaring up from 12 feet and taking bigger players off the dribble ... Really understands how to use his body to create shots against bigger and more athletic players ... Does a good job of passing when doubled, seeing teammates on the wing ... He’ll surprise you with some of the things he can do both as a post player but also in the open floor ... Davis will step out of the paint and knock dow perimeter shots, has range out to 18 feet ... His mechanics are solid and has good form and knows when to pull up ... A complete team player and is very coachable as well as being a leader in the locker room ... Strong personality. Very poised in interviews and has a good demeanor about him ... Could guard some centers on the next level due to his strength ... Has great touch around the basket, especially with contact ... Has worked hard on his body chiseling 20-25 pounds from his 330 pound freshman physique ...

You know what, now that I think about it, if Glen Davis comes out, I wouldn't be shy on passing on Aldridge with the Knicks pick and taking Davis with our pick. This way, we still get our low post guy, and with the Knicks pick, we can trade it in a package because it is so high, or we could get our SG with that pick, taking Roy or Carney.

I also noticed that this is one of the ugliest draft classes in a long time! laugh.gif
Timoperezrulez
If i'm not mistaken, Sweetney had the same if not better numbers then Davis did in his final year of college.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 26 2006, 02:06 PM)
If i'm not mistaken, Sweetney had the same if not better numbers then Davis did in his final year of college.

Sweetney was also what the number 9 pick?
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 02:09 PM)

First of all, good post, well thought out. Second yes, Sweetney was the Number 9 pick.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 26 2006, 01:14 PM)
And this from NBADraft.net...

You know what, now that I think about it, if Glen Davis comes out, I wouldn't be shy on passing on Aldridge with the Knicks pick and taking Davis with our pick. This way, we still get our low post guy, and with the Knicks pick, we can trade it in a package because it is so high, or we could get our SG with that pick, taking Roy or Carney.

I also noticed that this is one of the ugliest draft classes in a long time! laugh.gif

1. Why the hell would we draft ANOTHER PF with the first overall pick, when we are already 3-4 deep there? Yes he would be a good addition to any squad looking for a PF who can move inside and out, but we need a true Center, and a tall SG who can guard the best shooter on opposition as well as be a go to scorer.

2. There are about 10-15 players I would take before Davis.

3. This is not a bad draft class, people think that because there arent overrated high school players to sandwhich in between good college players. There are some good seniors coming out this year, which I dont recall many classes having in recent memory.

4. I would take Aldridge any day of the week over Davis, "soft baby" is not a top 3 pick.
BV1998
Big Baby Davis is more of a Charles Barkely type player than a Shaq
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Mar 26 2006, 05:00 PM)
1. Why the hell would we draft ANOTHER PF with the first overall pick, when we are already 3-4 deep there? Yes he would be a good addition to any squad looking for a PF who can move inside and out, but we need a true Center, and a tall SG who can guard the best shooter on opposition as well as be a go to scorer.

2. There are about 10-15 players I would take before Davis.

3. This is not a bad draft class, people think that because there arent overrated high school players to sandwhich in between good college players. There are some good seniors coming out this year, which I dont recall many classes having in recent memory.

4. I would take Aldridge any day of the week over Davis, "soft baby" is not a top 3 pick.

Let me elaborate more....

1.) I would not take Davis with the NY pick, as I stated, rather, with the Bulls pick, which is not going to be top 10.

2.) I see Glen Davis as a Center in the NBA because of his size. He is still young and still might grow.

3.) I did not mean ugly as in talent, I meant ugly as in Tyrone Hill/Sam Cassell ugly. laugh.gif

4.) "Soft Baby"??? Really?
bulls91
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 02:09 PM)

what were his numbers in collage if he was the 9th pick that is redickulous he is worth nothing except for trade value and body waste.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:33 PM)
what were his numbers in collage if he was the 9th pick that is redickulous he is worth nothing except for trade value and body waste.

hey hey hey, dont be hatn'!! I Agree with you alls im saying is he was the number 9 pick and from then untill now he has been a bust. I want to trade him but I dont think his trade value is worth ne thing.
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26 2006, 01:05 PM)
One big difference, Davis isn't afraid to get dirty. He plays defense and rebounds.

and can shoot 3 pointers WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:33 PM)

Selected by the New York Knicks in the first round (ninth overall) of NBA Draft 2003 … acquired by Chicago, along with Tim Thomas, Jermaine Jackson, two second round picks and a conditional first round pick, from New York in exchange for Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis (10/04/05).

NBA.com...
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:35 PM)
and can shoot 3 pointers WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't let that full you. The kid has decent mid range game, but nothing really to speak of.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:37 PM)
Don't let that full you. The kid has decent mid range game, but nothing really to speak of.

A consistent 15 footer for someone who weighs over 300 pounds? ohmy.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26 2006, 10:29 AM)
Aldridge looked terrible against a big bodied NBA sized PF< and that kinda scared me. He tried fading away all night instead of using his athletic ability to attack. I have some king sized doubts about this kid based on last night.

f we get AD in here which they will hopefully just for a vetern player on the bench kinda like pippen was and show the rookies what to do in some situations.

Also what second round draft picks do we get what years one should be this year should't it.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:40 PM)
f we get AD in here which they will hopefully just for a vetern player on the bench kinda like pippen was and show the rookies what to do in some situations.

Also what second round draft picks do we get what years one should be this year should't it.

No, we have zero 2nd round picks this year. What would have been our pick, Utah receives a Chicago second-round pick in 2006 (John Amaechi trade). via Houston (Bryce Drew trade). But, the Bulls get 2nd rounders from the Knicks in 2007 and 2009, as well as the option to switch picks next year, AS WELL as this years Knicks first rounder.
beck72
Skiles isn't going to want another guy w/ a weight problem in Davis. Pax and he'd more likely want a Tyrus Thomas or Sheldon Williams type.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (beck72 @ Mar 26 2006, 08:16 PM)
Skiles isn't going to want another guy w/ a weight problem in Davis. Pax and he'd more likely want a Tyrus Thomas or Sheldon Williams type.

Sheldon Williams is a big vagina.
beck72
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Mar 26 2006, 08:37 PM)

huh.gif He'll avg a double-double as a rookie--prob. 12 pts and 10 reb a game. He's a guy the bulls could get w/ their 2nd pick
The Gladiator
QUOTE (beck72 @ Mar 26 2006, 08:42 PM)
huh.gif He'll avg a double-double as a rookie--prob. 12 pts and 10 reb a game. He's a guy the bulls could get w/ their 2nd pick

Nope The Bulls Will Select Tyrus Thomas with their First Pick and Then They will either draft Roy,Carney or neither with their 2nd and if neither then I believe they will trade it for a proven Big Man. wink.gif
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (beck72 @ Mar 26 2006, 08:42 PM)

I just don't see any intensity from him out there.

Never have been a fan of his game.
Timoperezrulez
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Mar 26 2006, 08:37 PM)

What do you have agianst Sheldon?

And Davis is not a "soft" anything.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 08:45 PM)
Nope The Bulls Will Select Tyrus Thomas with their First Pick and Then They will either draft Roy,Carney or neither with their 2nd and if neither then I believe they will trade it for a proven Big Man. wink.gif

Glad to see the guy who said Deng should move to PF next year decided this for the Bulls. Fhew, man what a relief, glad I don't have to think about who we will take anymore, because you really cleared that one up for me. YES!!!! An undersized PF to go with our undersized Centers.

Also, to Soxfan1
"2.) I see Glen Davis as a Center in the NBA because of his size. He is still young and still might grow."

Girth size doesnt make you a good Center, it can make you a better one if you are tall, but not short. As for him growing, that is HIGHLY HIGHLY unprobable, this happens to an extremely minute sample size of our population, or those on HGH(cough, cough Shaun Rogers). Also, no one in their right mind would draft a player based on the suspicion that they may grow taller, that is just being naive. That could be the worst draft strategy ever thought up.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Mar 26 2006, 09:41 PM)
Glad to see the guy who said Deng should move to PF next year decided this for the Bulls. Fhew, man what a relief, glad I don't have to think about who we will take anymore, because you really cleared that one up for me. YES!!!! An undersized PF to go with our undersized Centers.

Also, to Soxfan1
"2.) I see Glen Davis as a Center in the NBA because of his size. He is still young and still might grow."

Girth size doesnt make you a good Center, it can make you a better one if you are tall, but not short. As for him growing, that is HIGHLY HIGHLY unprobable, this happens to an extremely minute sample size of our population, or those on HGH(cough, cough Shaun Rogers). Also, no one in their right mind would draft a player based on the suspicion that they may grow taller, that is just being naive. That could be the worst draft strategy ever thought up.

I am not basing the drafting of Davis by the possibility that he might get taller but more by the mere facts that the guy is stronger than Sweetney, a better shooter than Sweetney, a better low post scorere than Sweetney, a better defender than Sweetney, ::takes breath::, a faster player than Sweetney, a better rebounder than Sweetney, etc....Should I go on Mr. Paxson, I mean HoofHearted?
The Gladiator
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Mar 26 2006, 09:41 PM)

Also, to Soxfan1

First of all ?? Second, I never said Deng should be moved to PF, If you actually read my post it said, DO YOU THINK HE SHOULD BE MOVED TO PF? It was a question and I said, maybe if he adds 20 pounds of muscle and works on his post game then he could play PF. Its not like he hasnt ever played that spot before rolleyes.gif
HoofHearted
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 10:06 PM)
First of all ?? Second, I never said Deng should be moved to PF, If you actually read my post it said, DO YOU THINK HE SHOULD BE MOVED TO PF? It was a question and I said, maybe if he adds 20 pounds of muscle and works on his post game then he could play PF. Its not like he hasnt ever played that spot before rolleyes.gif

What are the question marks for? I think I made it pretty clear what I was trying to get across. Also, I know there is no such thing as a stupid question, but it was a pretty bad suggestion. Moving a prototype SF to a position that would take him out of his element, and take away from his game and our teams abilities. Also, we already have like 4 PF's so I dont know how you even came up with the suggestion of plugging him into that crowded situation anyway.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Mar 26 2006, 10:23 PM)
What are the question marks for? I think I made it pretty clear what I was trying to get across. Also, I know there is no such thing as a stupid question, but it was a pretty bad suggestion. Moving a prototype SF to a position that would take him out of his element, and take away from his game and our teams abilities. Also, we already have like 4 PF's so I dont know how you even came up with the suggestion of plugging him into that crowded situation anyway.

Actually I got it from some of the Best Bulls Posters from other boards, maybe u should check out Real GM or EBBulls forums. They thought he could play the Power Forward position and I thought it made since. like I said, he played it in College. The Numbers he puts up or Power Forward like Numbers as far as the rebounds go.. He would have a clear advantage against other PF's on the offense, and I think he is quick enough to play against SOME PF's on Defense. Give him time, Its just an Idea you dont have to go and bash me for it. Thats why I posted it as a Question.
nitetrain8601
1)Thomas supposedly called his coach last week and told him to not worry because he would be staying. How come this isn't bigger news?

2)Gladiator is right. There are some people on RealGm who think he could bulk up and move to PF. I'm not one of them, but Deng at PF would be, well um interesting.

3)Give me Aldridge and whoever and call it a day. I'll even take Reddick.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 26 2006, 11:49 PM)
I'll even take Reddick.

fight.gif

We aren't renaming the bulls Duke West!
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 26 2006, 11:51 PM)
fight.gif

We aren't renaming the bulls Duke West!

We just might be.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 26 2006, 11:54 PM)
We just might be.

I don't mind Deng because he turned his back on the Blue Devils when they needed him most... But having two four year dukies on the same roster in Duhon and Reddick would just be too much.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 26 2006, 11:57 PM)
I don't mind Deng because he turned his back on the Blue Devils when they needed him most... But having two four year dukies on the same roster in Duhon and Reddick would just be too much.

So you wouldn't take Elton Brand back? huh.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 27 2006, 12:01 AM)
So you wouldn't take Elton Brand back? huh.gif

I'd take him back... we would just have to ship Duhon somewhere for a bag of potato chips or something :shrug:
Timoperezrulez
We cant ship away a dukie, we would have to trade hinrich or gordon or someone.
SleepyWhiteSox
Deng is a SF.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Mar 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
I just don't see any intensity from him out there.

Never have been a fan of his game.

I agree that Sheldon is a bust, but for different reasons. He's undersized and rather ordinary athletically. Plus he has no post moves whatsoever. He's Carlos Boozer 2.0 in the best case scenario.
ZoomSlowik
Thought I'd comment on some of the other guys too...

I have serious doubts about Glenn Davis as a pro. He's an entirely below the rim player. He's not going to be a good defender in the pros, and at times taller, more athletic post players have been able to shut him down because he can't elevate and get the shot up over them. He was 3-12 from the field against Duke and 5-12 against Florida, two teams that have future-pro post players. He wasn't a factor on the boards in those games either. He was able to shove Aldridge around a bit, but it's a known fact that he needs to improve his strength. That's going to become a much bigger issue at the next level.

I think everyone needs to slow down the hype on Thomas a bit. He's a great athlete, but that's about it. Those jumpers he made were a bit of a fluke, and he has no post moves. Plus he's only listed at 6'9" and is rail thin. He needs a lot more polish before he makes any kind of impact.

After watching a couple of games, Carney just isn't as good as we think he is. He's a great athlete, but he's a suspect ballhandler that doesn't usually create his own shot. Plus he's only a decent shooter and defender even on the college level. He was an absolute non-factor against UCLA, who didn't do much defending him except put some longer players with decent athleticism on him. There are a lot more guys that fit that profile in the NBA.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 27 2006, 12:37 PM)
Deng is a SF.

Really? You mean to tell me that the guy who tends to get physically abused by players like Jalen Freakin' Rose and Gerald Wallace is NOT cut out for the PF slot? How can you be so sure? biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot. He's gonna put on 20 pounds of muscle and then he'll be able to hang with Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace, Amare Stoudemire, Dirk Nowitzki, Elton Brand, Kenyon Martin, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh, Zach Randolph, Emeka Okafor, Nenad Krstic, Troy Murphy, Chris Wilcox, Chris Webber, Carlos Boozer, Drew Gooden, Andrew Bogut, Kenny Thomas, Nene Hilario, etc. Who am I forgetting?

Let's suppose for a minute that he even had the frame to put on 20 pounds of muscle, which he clearly doesn't. He'll still end up getting physically abused by players like Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Andrei Kirilenko, Shane Battier, Antawn Jamison, etc.

Actually I got it from some of the Best Bulls Posters from other boards, maybe u should check out Real GM or EBBulls forums. They thought he could play the Power Forward position and I thought it made since. like I said, he played it in College. The Numbers he puts up or Power Forward like Numbers as far as the rebounds go.. He would have a clear advantage against other PF's on the offense, and I think he is quick enough to play against SOME PF's on Defense. Give him time, Its just an Idea you dont have to go and bash me for it. Thats why I posted it as a Question.

Damn, this is what some of the best Bulls posters had to offer? You have just reminded me why I don't check out the Bulls boards at realgm, basketballboards.net, etc.
ZoomSlowik
After that post, I thought I'd comment on some of the guys I like so I don't sound too pessimistic...

Aldridge was pretty solid. Even though his shots weren't going in against LSU, he still was a factor on the boards and did some damage defensively. He had no help though, so Thomas went virtually unguarded and he couldn't handle Davis' girth one on one. He needs some work as an on the ball defender (needs some strength), but he seems to be a solid help defender. He put on a clinic against West Virginia in the post. If he can get more consistent with his post moves so he has more games like that, he's going to be a scary scorer.

Brandon Roy was also impressive. He put on some solid all-around performances against Illinois and UConn. I still have some questions about him as an outside shooter in the pros, but everything else looked good.

Joakim Noah has been a major factor in the post. If he puts on some weight and develops some post moves, that's an impressive player.

Marcus Williams is a really impressive PG for long stretches. The only problem is he sometimes gets a little sloppy, and he often tries to do too much, leading to turnovers. With a little more experience, he can be a really solid pass-first PG with the ability to score driving to the basket. His outside shot needs work though.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26 2006, 11:05 AM)

Doesn't really matter though. If he's in the center position and that small he's going to have a major disadvantage (both offensively and defensively). He's not undersized in college, but he will be in the NBA.

Picking him very high would be a mistake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.