Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bjam44
So after the big weekend, where does this leave us for cap room? Do we have the ability to pursure other free agents this season?
Chisoxfn
Roughly right around 3.5 million, but that may be wrong if the Bulls actually front loaded the Wallace deal (and Sam Smith reported that they were planning on doing so).

I think we'll know more when everything becomes official.

By the way, welcome aboard cheers.gif Drinking.gif
sport1016
That's enough to resign songalia

do they do it? PF spot could definately use his offense.

he turned down 2.4 million this year, so if we gave him 3.5 that might get it done

do we MLE? Or is that only for teams at the cap or over?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 5 2006, 02:15 PM)
That's enough to resign songalia

do they do it? PF spot could definately use his offense.

he turned down 2.4 million this year, so if we gave him 3.5 that might get it done

do we MLE? Or is that only for teams at the cap or over?

We also are still waiting to hear about whether we will pick up Harrington's option so if we don't pick it up that may free up cap space (not sure though).
WHarris1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5 2006, 05:16 PM)
We also are still waiting to hear about whether we will pick up Harrington's option so if we don't pick it up that may free up cap space (not sure though).

Harrington doesn't exactly have an option I believe. It is more of a non-guaranteed contract. It works like an option but if we don't cut him by the 15th I believe we have to keep him.

We better let him go and save those 3+ M on the cap.
Chisoxfn
We stand at somewhere between 2 and 3 million, that figure could rise though as we will likely sign Thomas and Sef at lower than the max cap space that is taken up which could eventually free up around a mill, giving the team 4 mill in cap space.
madisonsmadhouse
Songalia is so out the door here. He has no spot on this team. The Bulls are going to look at either Centers or Point Guards to finish off the roster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.