Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those talking Wilcox
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Apparently we have a few million left in cap space and Harrington is set to make 3.2 million and is on our roster, but if we cut him befor the 16th we take no cap hit because he doesn't hold a guaranteed cap hit.

Therefor, with Wilcox demanding roughly 8 million a year (he's actually asking for a 6yr 50 mill deal, but I don't know if anyone will quite give him that much) we could send Harrington (3.2 mill), and someone like Duhon 3.024 million and try to front end a Wilcox deal and get it to work.

Now I am just throwing names out as we could also deal someone other than Duhon, but the Sonics obviously wouldn't really want Harrington (and they actually could probably just release him so it would be a really finangled trade situation). So you could swap Sweetney in there and maybe give in some future considerations or some cash to sweeten the pot.

I'm not 100% on this, but Im' pretty sure it would actually work and would be quite an interesting way to get Wilcox, while still keeping PJ Brown.
HoofHearted
Were pretty bloated at PF as it is, I certainly wouldnt mind him, but if the whole point of trading Tyson was to limit our cap restrictions to sign our young core I think there is no way we sign him.
Chisoxfn
Well the team could instead include someone like Kyrasha or whatever his name is, Harrington (freeing up two of those) and a guy like Duhon (or instead Jr Smith). Obviously the Sonics would want some talent back.

I was just getting to the point that we don't have to move Brown (who is a center/PF) to get Wilcox and considering the glut of 3's we have, if we move Harrington and one of those 3's and maybe another 4 (just to clear some roster space) something could happen.

No inside source or anything on this, just me yapping.
soxfan101
Well id think at least one of the new guys would be involved in the deal so we should know in a week or so.... Wow this team would be awesome with Wilcox.
eddog2
To be honest I wanted Wilcox more than Wallace. Wilcox is only 23/24 and he can play the 4 or the 5. The guy has offensive skills and gives the thunder dunk from time to time. More importantly is that this guy was the back-up to Elton Brand and he learned a lot from battling Brand in practice.

I am glad to have Wallace (although $15 million was a lot) but getting both Wilcox and Wallace would be ideal. If Wilcox could sign for $8 millions which is about a million more then I thought he would get from Seattle I think that would be great.

I really think a team like Seattle would love to have a J.R. Smith to go with Rashad Lewis. (but I would also love to keep J.R. Smith but only if they find a way to get him in the game. I don't want a player that sits on the bench for 2 years and skips town).

The summer isn't over and I expect another big move to get a big man.
The Gladiator
so if we did a sign and trade perhaps. Who would we trade in order to stay under the cap huh.gif?
ZoomSlowik
FWIW Wilcox supposedly wants $10 mil a year or more.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 08:33 PM)

whats FWIW? and I dont think he will get that money from anyone, he has to prove he can put up some great number before he gets that money. The only way we get him is if he lowers his price.. by ALOT!
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 08:34 PM)
whats FWIW? and I dont think he will get that money from anyone, he has to prove he can put up some great number before he gets that money. The only way we get him is if he lowers his price.. by ALOT!

FWIW= For What It's Worth

I never said he'd get it, but that's supposedly what he's looking for. That's a major reason Seattle might be looking to unload him.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 08:38 PM)
FWIW= For What It's Worth

I never said he'd get it, but that's supposedly what he's looking for. That's a major reason Seattle might be looking to unload him.

ya I was just wondering, thanks cool.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 06:33 PM)

Apparently he 5yr 60 mill is what he is looking for. He initially said 10 mill a year but it appears thats dropped a bit and really no one has offered a ton yet. The Sonics want to pay him just over the MLE so 7 to just over 8 per year could very well get it done.
The Dude Abides
Wilcox would be a very good addition to this team. I would like to keep PJ for this year to have some veteran leadership and size. We need to add a big man, not a 1 for 1 swap at this point. We have enough assets to get this done..but JR has so much upside...would be hard to let him go...
RememberThe90's
Could we backload the deal?

lets say it would take 5 years / 50 Million to get Wilcox

Year 1 5 Mil

Year 2 10 Mil

Year 3 12 Mil

Year 5 13 Mil

The big part of the deal would come when Browns contract comes off the books.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Jul 5 2006, 09:04 PM)
Could we backload the deal?

lets say it would take 5 years / 50 Million to get Wilcox

Year 1 5 Mil

Year 2 10 Mil

Year 3 12 Mil

Year 5 13 Mil

The big part of the deal would come when Browns contract comes off the books.

PJ's contract comes off the books next season. I dont think Pax likes to backload deals, which is smart bc NBA money is guaranteed.

Plus, we need to use that cap space to resign Hinrich this year and others down the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.