Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is your sleeper this year for the Bulls?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
B-4-Bulls
Im going to say JR Smith! I think this kid will start about 3 weeks into the season and average 16 ppg 3 rpg 1 apg. Book It!
ZoomSlowik
There aren't really a whole lot of true "sleepers" on this team. Unless you are picking Smith, Duhon, or Sweetney to put up really good numbers, the other guys wouldn't be that big a surprise.
RememberThe90's
Luol Deng.

Yes...a sleeper because he is gonna shock alot of people this year.

22 PPG 9 RPG for Deng.
The Dude Abides
Mine is Noch...the raging bull will have a break out year, gaining momentum from a stellar end of season and playoff series against Miami.

19pts, 9.5 rebs, 3.5 asst...
SoxFan1
PJ Brown will score 13+ ppg.
Chi-town23-33
Well, I'm going to have to say either Ben Gordon or Luol Deng.

First, Gordon is our leading scorer but many fans still feel he is better suited for the bench. I think he will come back to start the season with something to prove to the fans and to Skiles. It seems like he started to figure it all out in the Miami series last year and with summer practice he could become a 20 ppg game guy. Don't know if that qualifies as a sleeper but that's what I think.

Deng on the other hand had a quiet playoff series and may likely lose his starting spot to Andres Nocioni. If this happens it might give him more room to operate as opposing teams may focus on Gordon, Hinrich and Nocioni more. He will benefit from the depth and could put up career numbers. We'll see if its true.
maggsmaggs
JR Smith will ride the pine. He has too many people ahead of him. My sleeper is Hinrich. 17 PPG / 7 APG / 4 RPG / 1.5 SPG = NBA All-Defense Team along with Big Ben.
B-4-Bulls
I believe he will work on his defense with Scott Skiles and like I said I bet Skiles fits Smith into the starting lineup and I dont think he will get out of the starting lineup. He is a bigger gaurd and it would be easier for him to stick with other 2 guards IF he works on his defense.
soxfan101
Im going to wait until we actually know our team for sure going into the season. With all the SF's and need for a big man... i think 1 more trade is in our future. Hopefully its Wilcox.
eddog2
I hope J.R. Smith but I doubt he gets the playing time. The only sleeping he might do is on the bench.

I think Sefolosha. The coaching staff is so hi on this kid. I just hope he is better than Ronnie Brewer because I really wanted Brewer with that pick. I think Sefolosha gets 28+ minutes. 10+ points 5boards good defense
madisonsmadhouse
There are no sleepers on this team. Everybody is here for a reason, and everyone knows their talent levels.
TeaLeafReaderII
I think Sweetney steps up big time this year.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 6 2006, 09:10 AM)
I think Sweetney steps up big time this year.

If he looses some weight and gets in shape...I completely agree. Last year you could see flashes of what he could be...If he does get himself together...we will have a great scoring PF coming off the bench.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 11:01 PM)
PJ Brown will score 13+ ppg.

Not a chance, not once in his career in a season has he averaged more than 11. Hes up in age and his numbers wont get better as he ages unlike in other sports where your age doesnt have such a big effect.

This team doesnt really have sleeper players, our depth at positions wouldnt allow for a particular player to have a breakout season.

Maybe Id go with Wallace to start putting up more points than the norm
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 6 2006, 10:37 AM)
Not a chance, not once in his career in a season has he averaged more than 11. Hes up in age and his numbers wont get better as he ages unlike in other sports where your age doesnt have such a big effect.

This team doesnt really have sleeper players, our depth at positions wouldnt allow for a particular player to have a breakout season.

thats why its called a sleeper my friend. Its something that you dont expect.... See ^^^^ Topic
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 6 2006, 11:37 AM)

Oh, I strongly disagree my friend. Thats why its a sleeper, no one expects it. And I'm telling you, "Expect it." wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.