Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben Wallace on ESPN 2
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Tony82087
NOW
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 5 2006, 09:28 PM)
NOW

Thanks a bunch for the heads up wink.gif
B-4-Bulls
Hm.. Interesting.. Did you see what Stephen A said? Before he went to the break he said he would sit in with Big Ben and ask him if it was all about the money. Lol
SoxFan1
Was it on already?
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 09:36 PM)
Was it on already?

No its on NEXT wich is in like 10 seconds tune in now!
SoxFan1
Sweet!
B-4-Bulls
im gonna have to sit on my bed for this one biggrin.gif bb in a min
HITStheDAGGER
OMG i dont know if you guys like Stephon A Smith, but i HATE him he is just a loud mouth mister contriverlial (sry for sp). Now he is ripping on the Cavs. Well i just hope his show gets canceled .. lol

bullssmilie1.jpg
soxfan101
yeah I hate stephen A....He even got his info on Chandler wrong its 5 years left not 4.
soxfan101
omg stephen A and Jay Marriotti the worse combo ever!
RememberThe90's
uggg...Mariotti's on now...I hate that ***.
HardWorkin'Hinrich
So what did the conversation go like?
SoxFan1
Ben was basically saying that it was a tough decision and that some things could have been done to keep him there but he felt the Bulls situation was best for him and that he needed a change.

What I got from the entire convo is that he really doesn't like Flip Saunders.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 09:51 PM)
Ben was basically saying that it was a tough decision and that some things could have been done to keep him there but he felt the Bulls situation was best for him and that he needed a change.

What I got from the entire convo is that he really doesn't like Flip Saunders.

lol and HE WAS PUSHING FOR A KG TRADE! You could tell he was laughing at the end. pray.gif
HITStheDAGGER
Another guy I don't like is Jim Rome.. i wouldnt watch his show for anything..
Chisoxfn
So Ben Wall mentioned the KG thing?
HITStheDAGGER
yeah you could tell ben wants K.G. but i feel that his knees are to bad and broken down for more than a 2 year deal what do you guys think?
HITStheDAGGER
he didnt bring it up stephen a. did but you could tell he wants him just by the way he acted.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (HITStheDAGGER @ Jul 5 2006, 07:55 PM)
yeah you could tell ben wants K.G. but i feel that his knees are to bad and broken down for more than a 2 year deal what do you guys think?

KG on the Bulls makes them a title contender so yes, I take him in a heartbeat and I don't think his knees are really all that bad.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5 2006, 10:55 PM)
So Ben Wall mentioned the KG thing?

No, he did not.

When Screamin' A. asked him if it was true that Big Ben told Paxson to go after KG, he giggled and said "Nah, I haven't made any calls yet." But he did say that if they were going after KG, that he likes the direction the Bulls are headed.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:00 PM)
No, he did not.

When Screamin' A. asked him if it was true that Big Ben told Paxson to go after KG, he giggled and said "Nah, I haven't made any calls yet." But he did say that if they were going after KG, that he likes the direction the Bulls are headed.

Hes not the only one snr.gif But not if we have to give up Ty Thomas. I would do, Noc, Ben Gordon, and PJ Brown.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 11:01 PM)
Hes not the only one snr.gif But not if we have to give up Ty Thomas. I would do, Noc, Ben Gordon, and PJ Brown.

Noc, Gordon, and Brown!?!? No way. They only get 1 of Noc, Deng, and Gordon.
HITStheDAGGER
at the most i would give them Brown and Gordon... Deng is going to be the next star.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (HITStheDAGGER @ Jul 5 2006, 10:07 PM)
at the most i would give them Brown and Gordon... Deng is going to be the next star.

that still wouldnt work because the Bulls would be over the cap because KG gets what 20 mil this year?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HITStheDAGGER @ Jul 5 2006, 11:07 PM)

If thats the most you'd give up, then you're not getting Kevin Garnett.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 10:01 PM)

No way...I wouldn't give up Noch or gordon. Noch is the heart of this team. If he is not on the roster, the bulls dont make the playoffs last year.
The Dude Abides
I would have liked to see the interview, but I have a personal embargo on Screaming A. I can't freaking stand him.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:39 PM)
No way...I wouldn't give up Noch or gordon. Noch is the heart of this team. If he is not on the roster, the bulls dont make the playoffs last year.

I would, just not my man Ty Thomas. Anybody else is fine with me biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 10:41 PM)
I would, just not my man Ty Thomas. Anybody else is fine with me biggrin.gif

IMO, Hinrich and Noch are absolutely untradeable. Next tier is Gordon and Deng.
I'd like to keep T2, but I'd be ok if we got KG...
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:44 PM)
IMO, Hinrich and Noch are absolutely untradeable.  Next tier is Gordon and Deng. 
I'd like to keep T2, but I'd be ok if we got KG...

You also got to remember, Noc is going to be 27 I think this year where as Deng will be 22. Would you rather give up a guy like Deng over Nocioni who really has no potential but is just overachieving more or less? I sure as hell wouldnt.

Deng is the better trading asset right now but Noc is defenatley the more complete player of the two.
HITStheDAGGER
agreed.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 08:46 PM)
You also got to remember, Noc is going to be 27 I think this year where as Deng will be 22. Would you rather give up a guy like Deng over Nocioni who really has no potential but is just overachieving more or less? I sure as hell wouldnt.

Deng is the better trading asset right now but Noc is defenatley the more complete player of the two.

Ya, Noc is a strong player but he won't be anything more than a good player. Deng has the ability to be much more than that (ie the main guy on a team as opposed to a complimentary guy which is what Noc is).
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5 2006, 10:50 PM)
Ya, Noc is a strong player but he won't be anything more than a good player. Deng has the ability to be much more than that (ie the main guy on a team as opposed to a complimentary guy which is what Noc is).

which is why in order to get KG, you would have to give up Deng.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:54 PM)

Not Nessesarily, It depends on what Minnesota wants to do. If they want to try to do a quick rebuild they would probably want Noc but if there looking to completly revamp there franchise and wait for Mccants and Foye to become stars, Deng would then fit the bill.

Like I said, we have alot of assets right now with limitless trade possibilites. We have a great future. And might I mention I like all the media attention were getting? biggrin.gif
HITStheDAGGER
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:54 PM)

you cant forget we could also give the our 1st round pick for next year.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (HITStheDAGGER @ Jul 5 2006, 10:59 PM)

Wich is not going to happen. Pax is smart enough to know not to trade that pick and potentially pass up on greg oden jpshakehead.gif .
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (HITStheDAGGER @ Jul 5 2006, 10:59 PM)

that pick is gold Jerry, gold!

The Knicks are going to be in the lottery again, they might actually have the worst record in the nba...we will most likely have a top 3 pick again. Next year, there are several franchise big men coming out in the draft.
HITStheDAGGER
i know i am just say that that is a posibility Not a likly one but it is one.
soxfan101
Id say only Kirk Hinrich is untradable..... because he is the captain of the team and he is our PG. Nocioni if we get good value in return is very tradable especially since we have so much depth at SF most important being Deng.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 5 2006, 11:01 PM)
Id say only Kirk Hinrich is untradable..... because he is the captain of the team and he is our PG. Nocioni if we get good value in return is very tradable especially since we have so much depth at SF most important being Deng.

Last I checked, everyone is tradeable? tongue.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 6 2006, 12:00 AM)
Wich is not going to happen. Pax is smart enough to know not to trade that pick and potentially pass up on greg oden jpshakehead.gif .

We're jumping the gun waaaaaay too much here. The Knicks are going to be better than they were last year. It's not a given that they will be the worst team in the NBA, and even if they are, the chances they get the #1 pick is also uncertain. See: Portland in 2006.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 11:02 PM)
We're jumping the gun waaaaaay too much here. The Knicks are going to be better than they were last year. It's not a given that they will be the worst team in the NBA, and even if they are, the chances they get the #1 pick is also uncertain. See: Portland in 2006.

wich is exactly why is said, "Potentially" wink.gif
HITStheDAGGER
idk Thomas pretty much screwed the franchis. It will take them about 2 more years to get out of his mess
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 11:02 PM)

with Isiah coaching as well as being GM...it's going to be a train wreck in NY.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (HITStheDAGGER @ Jul 5 2006, 11:04 PM)
idk Thomas pretty much screwed the franchis. It will take them about 2 more years to get out of his mess

It took the Bulls 7...
HITStheDAGGER
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 11:05 PM)

I agree 100%
BuLLzDoMaIn
i love Mr. A. he might have a loud mouth but he does know what hes talkin about
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 6 2006, 12:05 AM)

I'd say it's likely going to be a lottery pick but the chances of it beign top 5 are slim. The Knicks will be better. We can't count on them being the worst team in the leagu if they weren't even the worst team in 2005.
HITStheDAGGER
hey im going to head out guys so... have fun and GO BULLS

bullssmilie1.jpg headbang.gif bullssmilie1.jpg
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 11:05 PM)

Yes, but Soxfan1 is right to an extent. They most likely will be better this year but. They have players on that team that are what I like to call, "Me" players. You got Jamal, "Starbury", "Stevie Im no franchise" people who all want the ball. With a team like Chicago nobody is selfish everyone gets there fair share (Except when Ben has one of his famous streaks) and thats a good reason for success.

Another reason New York will suck this season is, Its almost impossible to trade any of there players because there all extremely overpaid and because of there poor play their trade value has taken a huge drop. Like the previous poster said, Its going to take them a couple years to get back to a playoff contender. There going to be in Salary cap Hell next year as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.