Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who on the Bull's has the brightest future?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
It's got to be Deng. Hinrich although good would need a superstar around him. I think Deng can and will become the superstar.
B-4-Bulls
yep, I agree.. I dont quite know about a superstar but he will defenately be a star! I see him as a career 20 and 10 guy possibly more points?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 08:21 PM)
yep, I agree.. I dont quite know about a superstar but he will defenately be a star! I see him as a career 20 and 10 guy possibly more points?

Deng comes back at the next training camp having spent the summer getting better in shape and most importantly working on that medium range jump shot, and there's really no limit in how good he can be.

Man, you put Deng and Wallace together and we can rebound with anyone.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 5 2006, 11:23 PM)
Deng comes back at the next training camp having spent the summer getting better in shape and most importantly working on that medium range jump shot, and there's really no limit in how good he can be.

Man, you put Deng and Wallace together and we can rebound with anyone.

Supposedly, Deng's been at the Berto Center twice a day over the summer working on his game. Hinrich and Gordon are also working out at the Berto every day.
HITStheDAGGER
I also agree. Deng is the next big star. I think when it is all said and done he will be a desent scorer and a good small forward.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:26 PM)
Supposedly, Deng's been at the Berto Center twice a day over the summer working on his game. Hinrich and Gordon are also working out at the Berto every day.

and that is a great step toward success. bullssmilie1.jpg
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 08:26 PM)

Good to hear, although it's exactly what I expected. He was set back quite a bit by the fact that he was still rehabbing that wrist last offseason. One good thing about most of the guys we're on right now is that you can count on them to keep working as long as there's work that can be done. That's a pretty good way to get to the top.
B-4-Bulls
also I would like to add. I forget wich damn site I saw this on and maybe it was the radio but Sweetney has lost 40-50 pounds and Im not lying. ohmy.gif
The Dude Abides
Hinrich=the next steve nash...

Pax is building a team that will finally allow the Bulls to fully exploit Hinrich's talent and game.

Now that he doesnt have to carry this team and do everything...He can feel comfortable in the pg role...he should have an outstanding year. He never gets any credit for being in the Lebron/wade draft class...
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 10:31 PM)
also I would like to add. I forget wich damn site I saw this on and maybe it was the radio but Sweetney has lost 40-50 pounds and Im not lying. ohmy.gif

40-50 lbs in 2 months?

did they cut off a leg?
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:34 PM)
40-50 lbs in 2 months?

did they cut off a leg?

I swear to god.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 08:33 PM)
Hinrich=the next steve nash...

Pax is building a team that will finally allow the Bulls to fully exploit Hinrich's talent and game.

Now that he doesnt have to carry this team and do everything...He can feel comfortable in the pg role...he should have an outstanding year. He never gets any credit for being in the Lebron/wade draft class...

Hinrich seemed last year to be a little bit drained by always having to guard the opponent's best guard, be it Wade, Rip Hamilton, AI, etc. Now, we've added guys with actual shooting guard size that can free Hinrich up on occasion, and we've added big Ben behind him so that he doesn't have to chase those slashing guards into the lane constantly. He'll wind up this year having a ton more energy, if nothing else, and now he's got the pieces around him to help him create offense for the team in a number of ways.

He's in position to have a dynamite season. But the real key potential star still remains Deng.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 5 2006, 10:38 PM)
Hinrich seemed last year to be a little bit drained by always having to guard the opponent's best guard, be it Wade, Rip Hamilton, AI, etc. Now, we've added guys with actual shooting guard size that can free Hinrich up on occasion, and we've added big Ben behind him so that he doesn't have to chase those slashing guards into the lane constantly. He'll wind up this year having a ton more energy, if nothing else, and now he's got the pieces around him to help him create offense for the team in a number of ways.

He's in position to have a dynamite season. But the real key potential star still remains Deng.

People will recognize Hinrich's D now that he will be guarding PG's and not SG's who are much bigger than him.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 10:35 PM)
I swear to god.

Dude, you gotta find a link.

I'd be happy if he lost 15-20 by the time next season starts.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:42 PM)
Dude, you gotta find a link.

I'd be happy if he lost 15-20 by the time next season starts.

Sweets has lost like 40 pounds ohmy.gif ? Wich would bring him to probably 260.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 10:44 PM)
you dont have to believe me but I SWEAR I saw or heard, cant remember its been like 2 weeks lol but It says that Sweets has lost like 40 pounds. Wich would bring him to probably 260.

dont you mean 320? blink.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:45 PM)
dont you mean 320? blink.gif

No, Sweetney was what 300 pounds? If he lost 40 pounds he would be 260.
SoxFan1
He couldn't have lost 40-50 pounds that fast. Thats is unhealthy to lose so much so fast. Thats like, anorexia.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 08:51 PM)
He couldn't have lost 40-50 pounds that fast. Thats is unhealthy to lose so much so fast. Thats like, anorexia.

I think a realistic goal would be 25 pounds or so.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:51 PM)

laugh.gif
ZoomSlowik
I'd say Deng and Hinrich are about even. Both seem to have All-Star potential. Deng needs to add the three pointer to his repetoire, that'll really help his cause. Also, they both need to get more aggressive and attack the basket more. That'll get them a few more easy shots and some free throws. I think Hinrich is capable of averaging about 18 points and 7 assists, and Deng can get like 20 points and 7 rebounds (although maybe not this year).
BuLLzDoMaIn
i think kirk CAN go about 18 and 7

But he doesnt really try to score like that less he has to. And we all know Kirk scores when he has to and he can carry this team. Kirk is a great defender and he wastes alot of his energy on defending.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 11:03 PM)
I'd say Deng and Hinrich are about even. Both seem to have All-Star potential. Deng needs to add the three pointer to his repetoire, that'll really help his cause. Also, they both need to get more aggressive and attack the basket more. That'll get them a few more easy shots and some free throws. I think Hinrich is capable of averaging about 18 points and 7 assists, and Deng can get like 20 points and 7 rebounds (although maybe not this year).

IMO, Deng has the better upside... I dont think Kirk is in the same level as Deng. Actually, i dont think its even close...

-I think that what we are seeing in Kirk is pretty much what he is... a streaky shooter that plays Defense, and runs the team well. Remember that Kirk spend 4 years at college.... And i definately think that Kirk can definately average over 8 assist a game. He just needs big guys that can actually catch the ball, and finish around the rim...
-Also, Kirk was asked to shoot more because we were/are a primeter shooting team... I think once we get low post players, he will shoot less, and be more of a "true" point guard.

-Deng is only 21, and has a long way to go... Although he's already a nice solid player, he definatly has the chance to be a very good player. maybe even a Great player because of his detication to the game...
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 10:41 PM)
People will recognize Hinrich's D now that he will be guarding PG's and not SG's who are much bigger than him.

IMO, hinrich does a better job at guarding SGs than he does PGs. Hinrich isnt that fast to keep up w/ those Tony Parkers, and other fast players... However, he does a really nice job at guarding people coming from screens, and things like that. Kirk has quick feet and does a great job on guarding SGs... The only thing he strugles is when the SGs are big and strong, and can back him down... And those are very few in the NBA.
eddog2
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 10:31 PM)

I'll believe it when I see it. If that guy comes back in shape you can cancel the Bulls need to look for a power forward for at least one year. That is until he emerges and then leaves for the big payday.

But I would take one great year out of Sweets. That would just be another bonus to the already great Eddy Curry trade.
madisonsmadhouse
If Loul Deng can buy himself a jumpshot over the summer, he will be a superstar in this league.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:51 PM)

If you combine excerise with a low-carb diet...its feasable.

Last year I went from 200 to 167 in three months.
RememberThe90's
as for Bull with most upside....Deng.

I predict 22 PPG and 9 RPG for Deng this season.

He is too passive...he can score at will IMO.

He can take most SF"s off the dribble and has a great mid range shot.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
I think Deng will be more explosive in the long run, I just think he'll be noticed more than Hinrich. Hinrich can be great if he has the right guys around him, but I think we will see a lot more of Deng, so they better not trade him.

As for Sweets, that is great news that he losing the weight, not sure if i believe that it is 40-50 lbs, but whatever it is, good for him!. I always liked Sweets, i felt he came around in the Miami series.
eddog2
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2006, 11:03 PM)

No a chance. Hinrich would be a better player if he did what a point guard should do and that is defer to the other offensive threats but he always seems like he wants to be the man late in a game. Gordon is one of the most cluch people in all of basketball and yet you rarely see Gordon getting the last shot on a pass delivered by Hinrich.

I think Hinrich is a little jealous of all the attention Gordon gets and I think he wants this to be his show. Anyway I am not saying Hinrich is not good but at the end of the game I want Deng, Gordon or Nocioni with the ball in their hands. I think Hinrich could make the defensive first team but it is a long shot for him to be defensive player of the year. He may make a few All-Star teams especially if the Bulls go on the run that everyone thinks they will.

Deng is going to be a stud. It might take him two more years but if he is working as hard as everyone says he is he is going to be a lot better next year.

And for all that Sweetney talk. I will believe it when I see it.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Jul 6 2006, 09:11 AM)
If you combine excerise with a low-carb diet...its feasable.

Last year I went from 200 to 167 in three months.

That's 33 pounds in 3 months.

50 pounds in 2 month....
Waffles
I personally can't just single out one player on the Bulls as label him as the superstar. I think all of the starters will be excellent. They will have a better and more popular starting five than the Detriot Pistons had. Kirk, Ben, Loul, Noc., and even Wallace is going to be better. I think he'll avg. at least 12ppg. 12rpg. and 2.5bpg easily! Paxs & Skiles know their strengths and they know what they're doing.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Waffles @ Jul 6 2006, 02:25 PM)
I personally can't just single out one player on the Bulls as label him as the superstar. I think all of the starters will be excellent. They will have a better and more popular starting five than the Detriot Pistons had. Kirk, Ben, Loul, Noc., and even Wallace is going to be better. I think he'll avg. at least 12ppg. 12rpg. and 2.5bpg easily! Paxs & Skiles know their strengths and they know what they're doing.

Welcome aboard! cheers.gif

And I agree, you can't really singleout 1 person, but if I had to pick, Deng definitely has the highest ceiling.
MurcieOne
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 6 2006, 10:02 AM)
I think Hinrich is a little jealous of all the attention Gordon gets and I think he wants this to be his show.

that i believe is completely baseless...

Kirk isnt your typical.... "ITS MY SHOW" type of guy he doesnt want the spotlight and in most cases shys away from it.

Kirk, I believe is happy exactly where he is.... at the right hand of Coach Skiles and Pax... not in the spotlight, but far from ignored (infact beloved by many) by the fans/media.

I dont think Kirk is mastering the game so he can TAKE OVER THE TEAM, i think hes improving himself to fulfill an inner fire and win some additional more playoff games in the process
sport1016
yeah, i've heard if anything he is a little bashful bc he appears to be the teacher's pet for skiles and doesnt want that rep

he's the only one never in the dog house and never gets benched.........but i think it's only bc he is so damn good and plays the game the right way

Too many players in the league try to be dominant all the time which hurts their teamates and too many guys have the tools but not the attitude to take over a game.....kirk has a very good balance i think bc he tends to be a playmaker for others but can display the killer instinct (see 30 footer to ice game 4 agst miami with dwade in front of him)
Waffles
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 6 2006, 02:37 PM)
Welcome aboard! cheers.gif

And I agree, you can't really singleout 1 person, but if I had to pick, Deng definitely has the highest ceiling.

Thanks, can't wait til the season starts
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 6 2006, 10:02 AM)
No a chance. Hinrich would be a better player if he did what a point guard should do and that is defer to the other offensive threats but he always seems like he wants to be the man late in a game. Gordon is one of the most cluch people in all of basketball and yet you rarely see Gordon getting the last shot on a pass delivered by Hinrich.

I think Hinrich is a little jealous of all the attention Gordon gets and I think he wants this to be his show. Anyway I am not saying Hinrich is not good but at the end of the game I want Deng, Gordon or Nocioni with the ball in their hands. I think Hinrich could make the defensive first team but it is a long shot for him to be defensive player of the year. He may make a few All-Star teams especially if the Bulls go on the run that everyone thinks they will.

Deng is going to be a stud. It might take him two more years but if he is working as hard as everyone says he is he is going to be a lot better next year.

And for all that Sweetney talk. I will believe it when I see it.

I don't see a lot of that. I don't think Hinrich has a jealous bone in his body. He's used to it from his days at Kansas, he arguably wasn't the best player on his team at any point, and he certainly wasn't the #1 offensive option at any time.

I think he has the ability to drive more, which would make him one of the best PG's in the league. He's already a decent shooter, so if he could manufacture one or two more easy baskets in the paint per game, get to the line more often, and kick the ball out for open shots more often, that makes him and the team a lot better. I think he could score an efficient 18 a game without monopolizing all of the shots, kind of like Nash (only not that good). He did that well in the playoffs, averaging over 20 a game with 7 assists. With some work, I think he might be able to do that more regularly.

Deng has talent, but I don't quite see him being a a mid-20's per game superstar. He's got good but not great athleticism, so he really needs to be elite in other areas. He's pretty proficient with his mid-range jumper right now, but he needs to add the 3-ball, and get a little more aggressive, just like Hinrich/
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6 2006, 07:53 PM)
I don't see a lot of that. I don't think Hinrich has a jealous bone in his body. He's used to it from his days at Kansas, he arguably wasn't the best player on his team at any point, and he certainly wasn't the #1 offensive option at any time.

I think he has the ability to drive more, which would make him one of the best PG's in the league. He's already a decent shooter, so if he could manufacture one or two more easy baskets in the paint per game, get to the line more often, and kick the ball out for open shots more often, that makes him and the team a lot better. I think he could score an efficient 18 a game without monopolizing all of the shots, kind of like Nash (only not that good). He did that well in the playoffs, averaging over 20 a game with 7 assists. With some work, I think he might be able to do that more regularly.

Deng has talent, but I don't quite see him being a a mid-20's per game superstar. He's got good but not great athleticism, so he really needs to be elite in other areas. He's pretty proficient with his mid-range jumper right now, but he needs to add the 3-ball, and get a little more aggressive, just like Hinrich/

Luol Deng, I forsee him becoming a great player in the NBA in no less than 2 years. In fact, I believe he will be the best player on our team this coming year. He is a hard worker and has enough mental toughness to become one of the Elite players in the league.

Because of his wrist injury late 2 years ago I think held him back from last year because he wasnt the same agressive slasher as he was in his rookie season. Now, with his wrist fully healed he can lift to build some body mass and I do believe I heard Skiles say he was working out 2 times a day at the Berto Center. Thats good.

Just think if Lu became a better defensive player? He already has a great offensive game, but adding some better defense will make him one of the better players in the league. This season I think Deng will show glimpses of being great at some points in the game. I see him average somewhere around 17 ppg 8 rpg and 2 apg.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 6 2006, 08:00 PM)
Luol Deng, I forsee him becoming a great player in the NBA in no less than 2 years. In fact, I believe he will be the best player on our team this coming year. He is a hard worker and has enough mental toughness to become one of the Elite players in the league.

Because of his wrist injury late 2 years ago I think held him back from last year because he wasnt the same agressive slasher as he was in his rookie season. Now, with his wrist fully healed he can lift to build some body mass and I do believe I heard Skiles say he was working out 2 times a day at the Berto Center. Thats good.

Just think if Lu became a better defensive player? He already has a great offensive game, but adding some better defense will make him one of the better players in the league. This season I think Deng will show glimpses of being great at some points in the game. I see him average somewhere around 17 ppg 8 rpg and 2 apg.

I'd say that he's capable of that. I predicted earlier that once he hits his potential that he's something like a 20 and 7 small forward. That's still pretty solid and All-Star quality, I just don't see him doing too much more than that. I don't quite see superstar potential, as in one of the top 10 or so players in the league.
heirdog
I think Gordon has the brightest future. I see him as a 30 ppg scorer in this league in the next 2 years. He will be at the elite level soon with his clutch shooting and ability to take over a game. Deng is very skilled and will fill up a stat sheet but Gordon will be an elite scorer in the league. So Deng might end up being the most important player on the team but Gordon will be the biggest star.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.