Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current Depth Chart
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
With the Chandler/Brown & Smith trade finalized, I'd like to take this opportunity to look at the Bulls depth chart...

PG: Hinrich, Duhon
SG: Gordon, Smith, Sefolosha
SF: Deng, Nocioni, Khryapa
PF: Brown, Sweetney, Thomas, Allen
C: Wallace, Schenscher

This gives the Bulls a depth that they have never had before. With this depth, the Bulls will have plenty of opportunities to give the 1st-teamers some rest and keep them fresh. They have a great mix of experience and youth. Barring any further transaction, this team is one of the deepest in the NBA and has so many interchangable parts. I love it, and I give John Paxson a whole load of credit. cheers.gif
eddog2
That is good although I think Thomas is more a SF at this stage of his development. He needs to add about 30 pounds of muscle to be a true power forward like Amare.
B-4-Bulls
Guys I have been holding this out on you for a while now but... I am John Paxson. I just want to thank you for all the great things you have said about me and the orginization.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 08:29 PM)
Guys I have been holding this out on you for a while now but... I am John Paxson. I just want to thank you for all the great things you have said about me and the orginization.

We'd rather thank you for Deng, Wallace, and those picks from the Knicks.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:23 PM)
With the Chandler/Brown & Smith trade finalized, I'd like to take this opportunity to look at the Bulls depth chart...

This gives the Bulls a depth that they have never had before. With this depth, the Bulls will have plenty of opportunities to give the 1st-teamers some rest and keep them fresh. They have a great mix of experience and youth. Barring any further transaction, this team is one of the deepest in the NBA and has so many interchangable parts. I love it, and I give John Paxson a whole load of credit. cheers.gif

Looks great...but I believe Noch will start over Deng.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 10:29 PM)

No, Thank you Chuck Norris laugh.gif
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 08:36 PM)
Looks great...but I believe Noch will start over Deng.

Now there's going to be our biggest problem...finding playing time for both of them next year. Ouch. Good problem to have, but that's a tricky one. Seriously, that's an argument for thinning out the bench a little bit somewhere, just so that we can find a way to get them both 30 minutes a game.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 5 2006, 11:29 PM)

laugh.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 5 2006, 10:43 PM)
Now there's going to be our biggest problem...finding playing time for both of them next year. Ouch. Good problem to have, but that's a tricky one. Seriously, that's an argument for thinning out the bench a little bit somewhere, just so that we can find a way to get them both 30 minutes a game.

either can get mins at PF...but then we have to think about T2 getting time...plus sweets and PJ...
Bullies4Ever
I like everything but im not too confident or it doesnt look to good with our big guys... We have Wallace but... hmm... it just doesnt scream at me like it does with our other positions..

but one thing for sure, we are one of the deepest team in the league if not the deepest.... and another thing for sure, we will bring it every single second we're on the court.. not every game.. but second... because if they dont, Scott Skiles will bench them and put in someone else.. We will always have fresh players like this which is very important in the 4th quarter..
MurcieOne
I believe Deng is the starting SF with Noch getting pretty close to starters minutes between playing the 3and4
HoofHearted
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:23 PM)

How many minutes does everyone see us spreading around to each here?

Duhon is going to see a big cut in time with Smith and Sef in the rotation now, and I dont see Khryapa getting much time with Deng and Noc(maybe even Ty) at SF as well as a four deep roto at PF. Everybody should see a good cut in time actually with the increased depth at each position now. Deng wont need to play 2 anymore, Noc wont need to play 4, not saying they wont play those with some mixed size line-ups, but rather it looks like they wont play any substantial time at each(maybe 5 minutes a game here and there). I guess it's a great problem to have, unless someone bitches about PT, but other than JR I dont see that problem occuring.
JOHN
Paxson and Skiles told Nocioni after the season ended that he will have a bigger role next season so expect him to start at the power forward position again otherwise he will start at small forward.

Hinrich/Duhon/Sefolosha
Gordon/JR Smith
Deng/Sefolosha
Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas
Wallace/PJ Brown
ChWRoCk2
Khryapa: I just dont see how the kid is gonna play not like i care, im not impressed with his numbers or ever with him since he was drafted a while back.

Id rather see Deng and Noch play the full game at sf.
eddog2
QUOTE (JOHN @ Jul 6 2006, 06:49 AM)
Paxson and Skiles told Nocioni after the season ended that he will have a bigger role next season so expect him to start at the power forward position again otherwise he will start at small forward.

Hinrich/Duhon/Sefolosha
Gordon/JR Smith
Deng/Sefolosha
Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas
Wallace/PJ Brown

I love Nocioni but how can we possibly go that small and insert him in at the 4. I know both he and Wallace play bigger then they are but that would make us the smallest starting 5 in all of basketball. Wasn't one of the main goals of the offseason to add size and athleticism.

The athleticism would be taken care of but what about the size.

I love Deng and if they can find a way to get them both on the floor at the same time I am all for it. I just don't think you can go that small to start a game.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 6 2006, 07:56 AM)
I love Nocioni but how can we possibly go that small and insert him in at the 4. I know both he and Wallace play bigger then they are but that would make us the smallest starting 5 in all of basketball. Wasn't one of the main goals of the offseason to add size and athleticism.

I love Deng and if they can find a way to get them both on the floor at the same time I am all for it. I just don't think you can go that small to start a game.

Well... Its not bad at all when the Bulls go small.... it makes the other teams adjust to our style of play... we end up controlling the tempo.

-PLus Noc is a solid defender and rebounder. And when some1 drives in, theres a good chance he will take a charge... and thats a turnover for the other team. And lets not forget that we now have BWall protecting the paint.

I dont know if u watched the playoffs, the series against Dallas and the Suns... But anyways, Dallas couldnt even use their centers Diop(sp?) and Dampier...
JPargo
im not likin our depth at Center though. Luke is good. I havent seen him play since the season, if he's gained some wieght and if he's not scared to score then im happy
JOHN
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 6 2006, 07:56 AM)

It certainly wasn't a problem whe nwe had Nocioni last year at power forward. Keep in mind, Gordon , Deng and Wallace have huge wingspans in analogy with their height.

Height won't be a problem. Our game is based on speed, pick n pop and pick n roll.

Ourteam is stacked t oplay whatever kind of game they want.

What's left is the addition of two more players and I'd look into bringing Adrian Griffin and Toni Kukoc to the team.
sport1016
We are stacked and a half

trust me when I say that your starting PF and center are PJ and Wallace

Noc will see time at the 4 when wallace comes out and PJ plays the 5

Also, Malik can play some center as he is 6'10 with decent size

Damn! I feel like JR smith or gordon are the odd man out, with it most likely being JR

I think if he comes in and seems to be realizing his potential gordon will be shipped for a pf, and if JR doesnt look like the next J-Rich he will be gone before the trade deadline
The Gladiator
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:30 AM)
We are stacked and a half

trust me when I say that your starting PF and center are PJ and Wallace

Noc will see time at the 4 when wallace comes out and PJ plays the 5

Also, Malik can play some center as he is 6'10 with decent size

Damn! I feel like JR smith or gordon are the odd man out, with it most likely being JR

I think if he comes in and seems to be realizing his potential gordon will be shipped for a pf, and if JR doesnt look like the next J-Rich he will be gone before the trade deadline

Why the hell are we already talking trade with JR Smith when he JUST got traded? Thats just asinine. He is 20 freaking years old. If he improves his defense with Skiles over the summer he will stay, if not then he will be gone. I believe he will stay and like ive said before he could end up starting because it would give us size in the backcourt.
Da Bulls 88
This depth chart looks much better than last season. cheers.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (JOHN @ Jul 6 2006, 09:22 AM)
It certainly wasn't a problem whe nwe had Nocioni last year at power forward. Keep in mind, Gordon , Deng and Wallace have huge wingspans in analogy with their height.

Height won't be a problem. Our game is based on speed, pick n pop and pick n roll.

Ourteam is stacked t oplay whatever kind of game they want.

What's left is the addition of two more players and I'd look into bringing Adrian Griffin and Toni Kukoc to the team.

The croatian sensation has always been a fovorite bull of mine.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 6 2006, 10:09 AM)
The croatian sensation has always been a fovorite bull of mine.

I've still got the old Red #7 jersey hanging in the back of the closet cool.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6 2006, 10:48 AM)
I've still got the old Red #7 jersey hanging in the back of the closet cool.gif

Me too! but I have the home one.
sport1016
Why the hell are we already talking trade with JR Smith when he JUST got traded? Thats just asinine. He is 20 freaking years old. If he improves his defense with Skiles over the summer he will stay, if not then he will be gone. I believe he will stay and like ive said before he could end up starting because it would give us size in the backcourt.

All I am saying is that in the future JR and Gordon cannot coexist on the same team bc they are similar players. I feel that our future SG situation is one of them with Thabo as the 2nd string SG and 3rd PG and 3rd sf. One of them will be traded for a big man that scores. It could be in this offseason, it could be during the season, it could be in two years, but those two cannot coexist, their just aren't enough minutes or enough shots.

So, as of now, JR is more likely to be moved bc he is unproven. Over the course of the season, we shall see how everyone plays.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 6 2006, 11:45 AM)
All I am saying is that in the future JR and Gordon cannot coexist on the same team bc they are similar players. I feel that our future SG situation is one of them with Thabo as the 2nd string SG and 3rd PG and 3rd sf. One of them will be traded for a big man that scores. It could be in this offseason, it could be during the season, it could be in two years, but those two cannot coexist, their just aren't enough minutes or enough shots.

So, as of now, JR is more likely to be moved bc he is unproven. Over the course of the season, we shall see how everyone plays.

I will agree to an extent. I think we will keep Ben untill next years lottery wich New York will likely be in. If they dont get the Number 1 pick then we have assets to trade. I would trade Ben Gordon and our Number one for the potential number 1 overall pick. That way, if we dont get lucky with New York we can always trade up. The question is, will the team take that trade?
Bullseye
i think we are going to trade duhon.
bulls91
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 6 2006, 10:59 AM)
Me too! but I have the home one.

same here but it is signed along with hinrich, curry, deng, chandler, and noch all signed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.