Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trade idea
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
bulls91
i think that if we give the raptors gordon and the bulls 1 round pick i think that they would do that but i think that we would give up too much talent for a pick. that way we could draft Roy or a better SG then gordon and be on our way to the playoffs.

what are your thoughts
TeaLeafReaderII
um... what are the bulls getting in return... the raptors first round pick? I think Gordon is worth more than that :shrug:
bulls91
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 26 2006, 12:21 PM)
um... what are the bulls getting in return... the raptors first round pick? I think Gordon is worth more than that :shrug:

what else will they give us there second pick also? what do you think
The Gladiator
The only way I take Roy is if hes there by OUR pick definatley not the NY's hes not that good and plus hes another undersized gaurd and we dont need them what we need is a INSIDE PRESENCE and a BIG GAURD like Carney Or Thomas. IMO we draft Rodney Carney with Ny's pick and trade our other 1 and Ben Gordon for a proven Big man. Maybe Rashard Lewis?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 02:12 PM)
The only way I take Roy is if hes there by OUR pick definatley not the NY's hes not that good and plus hes another undersized gaurd and we dont need them what we need is a INSIDE PRESENCE and a BIG GAURD like Carney Or Thomas. IMO we draft Rodney Carney with Ny's pick and trade our other 1 and Ben Gordon for a proven Big man. Maybe Rashard Lewis?

First off, Carney is not really a big guard, he is more of a small forward. His build and his game reflect that of an athletic small forward like Richard Jefferson or Darius Miles. I don't think his jumpshot is polished enough for the NBA yet. He can jump out of the gym though.

Secondly, as talented as Tyrus Thomas is, I think he is still too raw to be a top pick. Don't get me wrong though, he could be the next KG. He is lean, strong, and a beast on the boards and in the paint but his endurance worries me. He should probably stay 1 more year.

And lastly, Rashard Lewis is a SF not a big man and I doubt the Sonics are looking to trade him anyway. If we trade, the only 2 guys I want are Pierce or Garnett. If we keep both picks, I'd want 2 of Aldridge, Roy, Davis, Brewer, and Carney.

But you are right that the Bulls have been after Rashard Lewis for a while now...
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 26 2006, 02:19 PM)
First off, Carney is not really a big guard, he is more of a small forward. His build and his game reflect that of an athletic small forward like Richard Jefferson or Darius Miles. I don't think his jumpshot is polished enough for the NBA yet. He can jump out of the gym though.

Secondly, as talented as Tyrus Thomas is, I think he is still too raw to be a top pick. Don't get me wrong though, he could be the next KG. He is lean, strong, and a beast on the boards and in the paint but his endurance worries me. He should probably stay 1 more year.

And lastly, Rashard Lewis is a SF not a big man and I doubt the Sonics are looking to trade him anyway. If we trade, the only 2 guys I want are Pierce or Garnett. If we keep both picks, I'd want 2 of Aldridge, Roy, Davis, Brewer, and Carney.

But you are right that the Bulls have been after Rashard Lewis for a while now...

well he shoots 42 % from threes wich is pretty good. And is 6'7, IMO I think he can be a good SG not SF. I realize that drafting him at Number 1 might be a bit of a stretch but you cant let a guy that athletic go just like that cuz the Bulls need athletes and he obviously is one, thats why I want him so bad. Im tired of having to win all the time based soley on Hustle and Defense, I want a team that can blow somebody out with Offense and Solid D with some "Flashy"/"Athletic Players" we only have one Athlete maybe two on this team and that is Luol Deng.The Other would be Hinrich if you would consider him one.

Its just the way I like to watch Basketball and that is you know the highscoring games and a highflying dunker, thats just me. Some of you may like to watch what the Bulls are now and thats fine I guess but in order to win you must have athletes and a "STAR" or Go to guy And I think Carney is that guy.
bulls91
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 02:12 PM)

how is Roy a undersized gaurd he is 6'5 that is very good for a SG
bschmaranz
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:20 PM)
how is Roy a undersized gaurd he is 6'5 that is very good for a SG

Actually that's about average. Not tall, not short.
bulls91
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Mar 26 2006, 06:21 PM)
Actually that's about average. Not tall, not short.

ok, still he is not undersized at all lioke gordon is.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 02:26 PM)
well he shoots 42 % from threes wich is pretty good.

Your number is a bit off on his shooting. He's never shot over 40% from 3 point range. He's not really an elite shooter, he's kind of streaky. For someone with his talent to be shooting under 44% from the field this year (and that's his best year by the way) is not very impressive. He's a good athlete, but that's about the only facet of his game that appears to be elite right now.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 10:18 AM)
i think that if we give the raptors gordon and the bulls 1 round pick i think that they would do that but i think that we would give up too much talent for a pick. that way we could draft Roy or a better SG then gordon and be on our way to the playoffs.

what are your thoughts

That would be horrid. I'm not giving up Gordon an our own pick for another draft pick. If they want to give us Bosh for Gordon and the Knicks pick, well than thats another story. biggrin.gif
Chisoxfn
I want to throw something out there. I heard the Nets are really interested in Garnett and the Nets would want to deal someone like Jefferson or Carter. I wouldn't really want Vince, although he's a darn good player, but I'd be a fan of picking up Jefferson if they wanted to work out a 3 team deal.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 27 2006, 06:26 PM)
I want to throw something out there. I heard the Nets are really interested in Garnett and the Nets would want to deal someone like Jefferson or Carter. I wouldn't really want Vince, although he's a darn good player, but I'd be a fan of picking up Jefferson if they wanted to work out a 3 team deal.

I'd rather have Carter than Jefferson. Jefferson plays SF, we have a clusterfuck of them. Deng, Nocioni, Piatkowski and Jefferson would be too much. Unless we drafted Roy or something, the team would be left with no shooting guards. I don't see Jefferson and Deng starting at the same time. Bosh, on the other hand, sheyeah! laugh.gif
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 26 2006, 02:26 PM)
well he shoots 42 % from threes wich is pretty good. And is 6'7, IMO I think he can be a good SG not SF. I realize that drafting him at Number 1 might be a bit of a stretch but you cant let a guy that athletic go just like that cuz the Bulls need athletes and he obviously is one, thats why I want him so bad. Im tired of having to win all the time based soley on Hustle and Defense, I want a team that can blow somebody out with Offense and Solid D with some "Flashy"/"Athletic Players" we only have one Athlete maybe two on this team and that is Luol Deng.The Other would be Hinrich if you would consider him one.

Its just the way I like to watch Basketball and that is you know the highscoring games and a highflying dunker, thats just me. Some of you may like to watch what the Bulls are now and thats fine I guess but in order to win you must have athletes and a "STAR" or Go to guy And I think Carney is that guy.

Carney is a natural SF. Pip was a SF at 6'7. That's the normal height for a SF as well. He could jump out the building and he's a streaky shooter, but to me he looks like Darius Miles part 2.

Here's some food for thought as well. This team needs to develop chemistry. To trade one of it's better talents for another rookie and another new player just disrupts the chemistry even more. Also, if Ben Gordon was in this draft, he's probably a consensus #1. No way I give up Gordon and a pick for Toronto's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.