Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wilcox Still Available
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
In Chad Ford's online chat today he said that because the Sonics are nowhere close with Wilcox's agent on a deal, they are exploring sign and trades.

One possible destination is the nets, I hope that isn't true.

What would we have to give them for wilcox and should we do it?

He is the perfect guy IMO bc he will be able to score from the pf spot next to wallace and can move to Center when wallace leaves and tyrus starts at PF.
madisonsmadhouse
We'd be a great fit for Wilcox, I just don't know what we have that we would be willing to give up. The thing a deal for Wilcox could put us over the cap now, so we would have to deal salaries, which I don't know if we could come up with a match for Seattle right now.
soxfan101
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6 2006, 12:19 PM)
We'd be a great fit for Wilcox, I just don't know what we have that we would be willing to give up. The thing a deal for Wilcox could put us over the cap now, so we would have to deal salaries, which I don't know if we could come up with a match for Seattle right now.

We could throw in Duhon and Malik Allen... and than let go of Othella and his contract. We could also throw in Sweetney as well.

Or if they are willing we could give them PJ Brown but not sure they want to take that contract.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 6 2006, 12:25 PM)
Or if they are willing we could give them PJ Brown but not sure they want to take that contract.

Brown has a very attractive contract.

That is what drove the trade for him.
sport1016
I think PJ Brown is a great idea bc they could use an expiring contract to lower their salary and make them an easier team to sell.

Wilcox wants to be locked up for 8-10 mil per year.

If he gets the 6 yr 60 million deal that nene got, we could just send PJ and whoever else they wanted, JR, sweets, malik, duhon.

If they weren't interested in Brown and his expiring contract we would probably have to include 3 players to make the salaries match.
madisonsmadhouse
More accurately, I don't think Seattle is really looking for big men. If we were willing to deal from our guards and SFs I think we could get something done, but I am not sure if the money matches up there.
Goldmember
Chris Wilcox - F/C - Supersonics 

Chris Wilcox was not happy with the Sonics' initial offer to him and the team is reportedly trying to work out a sign-and-trade deal for the power forward.
"The longer it drags on, we will come to the point of no return where Chris will not look back and will no longer want to be in Seattle," said his agent Jeff Fried. "Since it appears that the Sonics are unwilling to give Chris his fair-market value, we're looking at other options." According to one NBA source, as many as nine teams have contacted the Sonics about Wilcox. He was hoping for an offer of six years and $42 million from Seattle, but they came in under that figure.
Jul. 6 - 12:35 pm et
Source: Seattle Times
Bullseye
i think that is 2 million too much for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.