Houston 88 - 82 Portland
Brandon Roy 12 pts 5 rebs 8 ast
LaMarcus Aldridge 8 pts 3 rebs
Martell Webster 29 pts 2 rebs
Steve Novak 22 pts 5 rebs

Sacramento 90 - 83 Minnesota
Randy Foye 23 pts 4 rebs
J.P Batista 6 pts 6 rebs
Justin Williams 6 pts 10 rebs 7 blocks (according to kings board he got that many blocks despite boxscore saying he had 0!)
Quincy Douby 12 pts 3 rebs 2 ast

Denver 113 - 85 Dallas
Kelena Azubuike 18 pts 2 rebs
Casey Jacobsen 20 pts 7 rebs 4 ast 7/8 FG
Maurice Ager 17 pts
SoxFan1
What did Artest do for the Kings?
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 6 2006, 10:00 PM)
What did Artest do for the Kings?

It says he didnt play I guess.SUmmer league
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 6 2006, 11:03 PM)
It says he didnt play I guess.SUmmer league

Ah, my boy Louis Amundsun signed with the Kings and scored 16. That a boy!
eddog2
Kelena Azubuike 18 pts 2 rebs
The kid never should have left Kentucky. But he put up a pretty decent scoring night.

How about Aldrige. How many minutes did he play. I hope Tyrus puts up a little better numbers in his first game then that.
eddog2
08 Martell Webster, G/F 35 10-19 5-8 4-4 0 2 2 0 2 1 3 0 29
12 LaMarcus Aldridge, F/C 33 4-9 0-0 0-0 1 2 3 0 0 0 0 5 8

33 minutes, 8 points 3 rebounds and 5 fouls (against who?) Lonny Baxter?

I am kind of glad the Bulls decided to pass on him. He is going to take a few years to develop (if he every fully develops)

Go Tyrus.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 7 2006, 12:20 AM)
08 Martell Webster, G/F 35 10-19 5-8 4-4 0 2 2 0 2 1 3 0 29
12 LaMarcus Aldridge, F/C 33 4-9 0-0 0-0 1 2 3 0 0 0 0 5 8

33 minutes, 8 points 3 rebounds and 5 fouls (against who?) Lonny Baxter?

I am kind of glad the Bulls decided to pass on him.  He is going to take a few years to develop (if he every fully develops)

Go Tyrus.

If it's going to take Aldridge a few years to develop then it's going to take Tyrus a decade.

And basing this off one game is not a good idea. If he scored 45, would we you be doubting the Tyrus pick?

The fact that Webster took 19 shots in a 40 minute game also attributes to this.
eddog2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 6 2006, 11:21 PM)
If it's going to take Aldridge a few years to develop then it's going to take Tyrus a decade.

And basing this off one game is not a good idea. If he scored 45, would we you be doubting the Tyrus pick?

Oh I know Tyrus is going to take a while. But is you are going to take a player who won't help your immediately you take the one with more upside..

Hence the Bulls realizing this took Tyrus
ZoomSlowik
Summer Leagues stats mean basically nothing. It's kind of like garbage time, a lot of guys that won't see the floor regularly suddenly put up great numbers.
madisonsmadhouse
But it is a good step for development of these kids... The stats don't matter, but the coaches get extra time with these guys that they won't get during the season.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7 2006, 08:48 AM)
But it is a good step for development of these kids... The stats don't matter, but the coaches get extra time with these guys that they won't get during the season.

Well, I didn't say it was useless. Obviously it helps to get more playing experience against other NBA players, especially for rookies. I'm just saying don't get too excited when a Bulls' player puts up 20.
ChWRoCk2
Summerleague is generally for younger players primarily rookies to show what they have to fight for a spot on the team, thats why Artest wouldnt play.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7 2006, 10:14 AM)
Well, I didn't say it was useless. Obviously it helps to get more playing experience against other NBA players, especially for rookies. I'm just saying don't get too excited when a Bulls' player puts up 20.

This is what I'm worried about. Tyrus or Sefolosha will have a good game and all the sudden be proclaimed saviours. And if they have a bda game they'll be busts.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
While Im here, let me go ahead and make my predictions for the first SUmmer league game.

Tyrus: 14 points 7 rebounds 3 blocks
Sefolosha: 13 points 6 rebounds 2 steals
Schenscher: 9 points 5 rebounds 1 block

Summer League Average:
Tyrus: 17.1 ppg 9.7 rpg 2.3 bpg
Sefolosha: 16.0 ppg 5.6 rpg 2.3 stpg
Schenscher: 10.2 ppg 8.1 rpg 1.0 bpg
B-4-Bulls
For the first game I think Aaron Miles have a great game!

Aaron Miles: 12 points 10 assists 1 steal
Tyrus Thomas: 7 points 6 rebounds 5 blocks
Sefolosha: 13 points 6 rebounds 2 steals
Schenscher: 10 points 9 rebounds 2 blocks

For the Summer average:

Aaron Miles: 12.1 ppg 8.2 apg 1 stpg
Tyrus Thomas: 11.4 ppg 6.7 rpg 3.5 bpg
Thabo Sefolosha: 15.1 ppg 5.3 rpg 2.3 stpg
Luke Schenscher: 13.1 ppg 8.7 rpg 1.2 bpg

Bulls Dominate the Summer League and only lose one game.
Goldmember
Watch Summer League Action Live From Orlando
For the first time, all 15 Pepsi Pro Summer League games will be streamed live over the Internet and you can catch them right here on OrlandoMagic.com.

Due to limited space, the Summer League games are not open to the public. But now fans will have the ability to follow their teams with the live Web Cam. The camera will be mounted near center court and will follow the action as it moves back-and-forth to each basket.

The Charlotte Bobcats, Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Miami Heat and New Jersey Nets will be competing in this year's Summer League along with the Magic. All of this year's games will be played on the Magic Practice Court at the RDV Sportsplex. Each game will consist of four, 10-minute quarters.

Games begin at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, July 10. Please check the Full Schedule to see when each team will be on court.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/06summerleague.html
s720
Perhaps the reason why Paxson did not want to go after Roy or Aldridge because he feels that they are both too soft, and their tenacity is not great either!

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1395

When can we get to see Tyrus?
sport1016
you can see it on the internet monday

SUMMER LEAGUE LIVE
Goldmember
Back injury keeping Redick out of summer league play
July 8, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic are holding guard J.J. Redick out of summer league play because of a back injury.

Redick repeatedly has said he's not bothered by the herniated disc in his back, an injury announced just before the Magic took him No. 11 overall in the NBA draft. He received a cortisone shot about a month ago and said he won't need surgery.

"I feel I could be out there, but we had to decide if it was worth the risk and not take the chance," he said.

General manager Otis Smith said Friday the club was holding him out as a precaution because Redick hasn't played full-speed in four weeks.

Redick also said he isn't certain whether he will train with Team USA, which opens pre-2008 Olympic workouts July 19 in Las Vegas. He was one of 23 players chosen for the squad, including Magic teammate Dwight Howard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.