Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bye Bye Othella
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
JPargo
Press Release - The Chicago Bulls announced today the team has waived Othella Harrington. The 6-9, 235-pound forward spent the last two seasons with the Bulls after joining Chicago via trade with the New York Knicks on August 5, 2004.

Harrington has appeared in 142 games, including 51 starts, with the Bulls during his two-year stint in the Windy City and averaged 6.4 ppg and 3.1 rpg in 14.8 mpg and shot .505 from the floor and .680 from the free throw line

Hes been great for us the last 2 years. He'll probably get some offers
madisonsmadhouse
He won't be out of a job long, but it also tells me that Pax has something cooking for another big man.
Giant Killer
Could Wilcox be Pax's next target?
Waffles
He's been great for the past 2 years but it's time to move on.
bschmaranz
I liked Othella, good lockeroom guy with solid talents off the bench. His defense pissed me off on occasion and his shot selection as well, but I thought he left it all out on the court and he shall be missed.
DutheDoduhon21
i guess ty thomas gets # 24 now, he has a good reason for it too
HardWorkin'Hinrich
Good riddence Othella with your puffy cheeks and unathletic looking self.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HardWorkin'Hinrich @ Jul 7 2006, 01:01 PM)
Good riddence Othella with your puffy cheeks and unathletic looking self.

jpshakehead.gif

Harrington was a team captain and leader. Was great for us the past 2 years and was a vital member of the team. Good luck to him.
eddog2
That is $3.7 million well spent. On someone else that is.
RememberThe90's
I'm not gonna miss him.
The Dude Abides
Good luck to Othella. He played hard here and contributed to many of the teams wins. His time here was up, but I wish him the best.

I was hoping they would use Othella as part of a trade bc the team they traded him to could have cut his salary...thought that would have been an attractive option for seattle to get wilcox.
DutheDoduhon21
he did a good job leading our team and serving as a good role model for our very young team
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Nobody gives him the credit that he deserves. Remember in 04 how young our team was? We barely had anybody over the age of 23! Yet we were the 4th best team in the east and made the playoffs with our young core. Othella, and AD were HUGE for our team and our success because nobody really knows what went on behind the scenes but everytime I here othella being interviewed something thoughtful always comes out and he is always about the team.

He was a great leader and a good role model for our ball club. It will be sad to see him go. Good luck Othella! cheers.gif
bulls91
i still remember the first game he played with the bulls he was the about the olny one to score in the first quarter. sad.gif
Giant Killer
I'll always appreciate what he brought to our team, even though he didn't have the best of years last season. Regardless, I think it was time to part ways with him.
WHarris1
Thanks for your time in a Bulls uniform Othella.

Just cleanin' out the deadweight though.
Giant Killer
It might not be time to say bye bye just yet.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bulls-headlines

The Bulls waived Othella Harrington, but the 6-9 power forward might return for his 11th NBA season with a minimum contract. In two seasons with the Bulls, Harrington averaged 6.4 points and 3.1 rebounds while playing 14.8 minutes per game
BIGwalt
Othella was good enough at the time, but he was limited. The Bulls have out grown him. This is just another sign that Pax is making room for another post player.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.