Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How did you feel about Curry/Chandler draft
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Steve9347
Now that the Curry/Chandler debacle is over, it's time to fess up Bulls fans.

However, in 2001 How did you feel about the trade of Elton Brand to get two high school kids?

I gotta be honest, I was all about the move. I thought Chandler was the next KG, and Curry was the next Shaq (obviously I had rose colored glasses on). I was sure all over that **** looking ESPN Magazine with the two of them on it!

So fess up, did you love it, or hate it? Be honest.
SoxFan1
Where is the "WTF ARE YOU DOING JERRY KARUSE!?!?!?" option?
eddog2
Have to say that I was with you there. The Bulls were coming off a horrible season with Brand. I knew Brand was a great player but he was boring. I wanted something major done and it was.

I always liked Ron Artest and I still due. Too bad he didn't work out mentally for the Bulls. He would be our Lebron stopper if he was still on our team. Talk about the best defense ever. Wallace, Hinrich, Artest, and any two bulls players.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:23 PM)
Now that the Curry/Chandler debacle is over, it's time to fess up Bulls fans.

However, in 2001 How did you feel about the trade of Elton Brand to get two high school kids?

I gotta be honest, I was all about the move. I thought Chandler was the next KG, and Curry was the next Shaq (obviously I had rose colored glasses on). I was sure all over that **** looking ESPN Magazine with the two of them on it!

So fess up, did you love it, or hate it? Be honest.

lol my dad saved that magazine cuz we thought it would be something special one day
eddog2
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jul 7 2006, 01:31 PM)
lol my dad saved that magazine cuz we thought it would be something special one day

It is special. I will buy it from you for $5 plus shipping of course.
eddog2
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:33 PM)

You have to admit that it was a pretty bold move on Krauses part. He wanted the next Duncan/Admiral combination.
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:33 PM)

bro ive got that mag at my parents somewhere stored. ill hook you up.

ive also got the one with brand on the cover autographed by him!
RememberThe90's
I grew up in the town next to Curry...so basically I knew all
the stories of how lazy he was.

Chandler I was more intrigued with.

still though..I didn't like the fact we gave up Brand.
Goldmember
i was, and forever will be pissed he traded brand...
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:34 PM)
You have to admit that it was a pretty bold move on Krauses part. He wanted the next Duncan/Admiral combination.

Jerry Krause ponders how to fish the Bulls, 2001
sport1016
At first I was shocked, but I thought that Fizer would put up at least respectable numbers replacing him.......One NBDL MVP award later and i stand corrected
eddog2
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:36 PM)

Jerry Krause ponders how to fish the Bulls, 2001

good one
eddog2
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:35 PM)
bro ive got that mag at my parents somewhere stored. ill hook you up.

ive also got the one with brand on the cover autographed by him!

Definately. You keep the Brand auto though.
Steve9347
oh, ill keep that dont worry.
The Dude Abides
I was pissed off. I really liked Brand and thought he was going to be something special....I have always been against drafting high schoolers bc no matter what it sets your team back. If you are drafting that high, you need immediate help. High Schoolers take years to develop and more are forgotten than become Kobe, KG or Amare, etc...

I didnt mind the curry pick as much bc he was supposed to be mini shaq. but giving up a great young player for a high schooler straight up for Isiah-esque.
Giant Killer
I still can't beleive we traded Brand for Chandler. jpshakehead.gif
soxfan101
I was excited at the time. Brand was a good player but we werent going anywhere with him it seemed so at the time it seemed like a bold but potentially great move. If Chandler and Curry lived up to their hype we would be in the finals every season.
Wanne
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:38 PM)
At first I was shocked, but I thought that Fizer would put up at least respectable numbers replacing him.......One NBDL MVP award later and i stand corrected

Bringing up Fizer is a good point. That draft started the demise (post demise of fuckin' up the dynasty anyway) of Krause. He got completely flustered when the Clippers took D. Miles. The 2000 draft was pretty much complete crap anyway and he probably would have been better served to trade down. So who do they end up with...Fizer, Crawford and the unflappable Dalibor Bagaric. Projecting Fizer to come on strong after a failed stint at moving him to the 3 spot had a lot to do with dealing Brand IMO.

But yes....I'm still pissed about it.
sport1016
Speaking of Krause and awful moves

Would anyone be interested if I could provide video of the exact moment in time that Jerry Krause Targeted Dragan Tarlac (another failed 7 ft experiment)?

I found it before and I can find it again if there's curiosity
Bullies4Life
i was a happy man. We finally had something to hope for when we drafted Chandler and Curry.... TWIN TOWERS... Who doesnt want TWIN TOWERS on their team? biggrin.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 7 2006, 04:28 PM)
TWIN TOWERS

And they collapsed just like the real Twin Towers...now it's Ground Zero.
Waffles
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 7 2006, 03:31 PM)
And they collapsed just like the real Twin Towers...now it's Ground Zero.

LOL, that was a good one!

I questioned the Brand for T.C. move, but then i thought that they would be the next K.G. & Shaq like everybody else.....But what did Krause see on film with Chandler to make him want to trade our rookie of the year for him? What, 1 tape of him blocking a 5'9" freshman shooting a 3pointer?
Butterbean10
mad.gif
Nope I didn't like giving up Brand at all, and still don't to this day. He is one of the most consistant players I've seen in a long time; Tim Duncan at PF, Mr. Consistancy, Mr. Fundamentals. You knew you had a 20-10 guy every night pretty much, whether that was his ceiling or not. Seemed like a rock solid building block to me. And we never recovered from it, and he's still a 20-10 guy; all-star...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Waffles @ Jul 7 2006, 04:40 PM)
LOL, that was a good one!

I questioned the Brand for T.C. move, but then i thought that they would be the next K.G. & Shaq like everybody else.....But what did Krause see on film with Chandler to make him want to trade our rookie of the year for him? What, 1 tape of him blocking a 5'9" freshman shooting a 3pointer?

Wow, dude, your sig is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big.
soxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 7 2006, 04:01 PM)
Wow, dude, your sig is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big.

I think your sig is way 2 big... and your jealous of the greatness of the poster named waffles.

In all seriousness... that sig is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 7 2006, 05:02 PM)
I think your sig is way 2 big... and your jealous of the greatness of the poster named waffles.

In all seriousness... that sig is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

It's a wallpaper! laugh.gif
Waffles
where do you guys get your pics from? or how do i shrink it?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Waffles @ Jul 7 2006, 05:08 PM)
where do you guys get your pics from? or how do i shrink it?

I took the wallpaper out of your sig. And most people make their own sigs or have someone make it for them. For example, I made my current sig.

You can request a sig here.
Goldmember
QUOTE (Butterbean10 @ Jul 7 2006, 03:53 PM)
mad.gif
Nope I didn't like giving up Brand at all, and still don't to this day. He is one of the most consistant players I've seen in a long time; Tim Duncan at PF, Mr. Consistancy, Mr. Fundamentals. You knew you had a 20-10 guy every night pretty much, whether that was his ceiling or not. Seemed like a rock solid building block to me. And we never recovered from it, and he's still a 20-10 guy; all-star...

perfectly put... cheers.gif

/krause grew senile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.