Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With The First Pick In The 2006 NBA Draft
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I realize we dont have the Number one pick yet but say we do, who would you draft?
B-4-Bulls
Rodney Carney cheers.gif
Timoperezrulez
Tyrus Thomas
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 26 2006, 03:09 PM)
Tyrus Thomas

He just might be if he keeps it up. I wouldnt mind him at all. Would he play PF though?
nitetrain8601
LaMarcus Aldridge.
ZoomSlowik
How many different threads do we need asking the exact same question? huh.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 27 2006, 02:09 PM)
How many different threads do we need asking the exact same question?  huh.gif

This post has been edited out for content.

Thats what you do in these forums, you TALK ABOUT COLLEGE THINGS Including the draft. Maybe you should read the forum before you go and post ridiculous things. laugh.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 27 2006, 07:32 PM)
This post has been edited out for content.

Thats what you do in these forums, you TALK  ABOUT COLLEGE THINGS Including the draft. Maybe you should read the forum before you go and post ridiculous things. laugh.gif

First off, it's not really a college basketball question, since you're asking about the NBA draft. It'd be one thing if you were asking who's the best player in the NCAA, but you're not. Secondly, there are already like 4 threads about this in other forums. I don't really see the point of another thread.
K.Dubya
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 27 2006, 02:09 PM)
How many different threads do we need asking the exact same question? huh.gif

I know that's right! That's the whole reason i left the www.espn.com board because of the same thing. bang.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 28 2006, 10:42 AM)
First off, it's not really a college basketball question, since you're asking about the NBA draft. It'd be one thing if you were asking who's the best player in the NCAA, but you're not. Secondly, there are already like 4 threads about this in other forums. I don't really see the point of another thread.

Because COLLEGE Eventually leads to the PROS!! And were talking about COLLEGE Players in the NBA Draft!! Like I said, I could care less if you dont want another thread about this, this is where it belongs otherwise Soxfan1 or whoever would move it here ne ways.
SoxFan1
Come on guys. Talk college basketball if you want to talk college basketball. The thread is here for a different reason. This is from a different perspective because it is in the College Basketball forum. Rather than talking about how the pick will effect the Bulls, focus in on how it will effect the team that he is drafted from. huh.gif

Oh, and I say we take LaMarcus Aldridge. wink.gif
ZoomSlowik
It's starting to look like the top pick is going to be either Aldridge or Thomas. Gay has fallen off a bit with some mediocre performances in the tournament, and Morrison has been exposed a bit as well. Charlotte might still take Morrison because they could use some immediate help on the wing, but pretty much everyone else will probably go with one of the first two players.

Aldridge will help more right away. He's a dangerous help defender because of his length, he can run the floor, and he has a decent set of post moves. He might not be able to rebound that well early because he doesn't bang with the big guys much, but he'll get his fair share. He'd probably be more dangerous on an uptempo team early in his career. Depending on where he ends up, I'd say he averages 10-12 points, 7 or 8 rebounds, and a little over a block a game as a rookie. I might seem a little generous with the scoring average, but he'd be averaging a lot more than 15 a game in college with a legit PG that can actually get him the ball in good spots.

Thomas is more raw and probably won't contribute much as a rookie. I'd expect him to get a lot less playing time while he works on his offense and adds some muscle. In limited minutes, he'll contribute a few rebounds and some blocks, with the occasional spectacular dunk. He's probably at least a year away from being a major contributor.
ChWRoCk2
Id love to have Aldridge like the rest of us but when the final four is over they should start having mock drafts and more players will enter the draft, im gonna want the bulls to take the best player available because thats what the first pick does. I really like Jai Lewis personally, and no he wont go top 5 but hes a solid player who is carrying a george mason team.
madisonsmadhouse
NBAdraft.net has Joakim Noah up to the #2 pick in this years draft if both he and Thomas declare... The funny thing is that I see Noah and immediately think of Tyson Chandler, especially when you read the kids profile.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6 2006, 02:31 PM)
NBAdraft.net has Joakim Noah up to the #2 pick in this years draft if both he and Thomas declare... The funny thing is that I see Noah and immediately think of Tyson Chandler, especially when you read the kids profile.

They are pretty similar. He's increased his stock a ton. It now seems like a virtual toss-up between Aldridge, Noah, and Thomas. Personally, I'd draft Aldridge, then Noah, then Thomas, but so far it seems like the reverse is becoming popular. Personally I just think Aldridge is the only one that can score, his defense isn't that far behind the other two, and he's a better rebounder than Noah.
WHarris1
I hope we don't take Noah or Tyrus over Aldridge.

1. Aldridge
2. Tyrus
3. Noah

That's how I would put them.

Noah and Tyrus' offensive games scare me.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 6 2006, 03:28 PM)
I hope we don't take Noah or Tyrus over Aldridge.

1. Aldridge
2. Tyrus
3. Noah

That's how I would put them.

Noah and Tyrus' offensive games scare me.

I agree with you, but the other two are getting a lot of hype after their performances in the tournament. I think sometimes people forget that there are 4 months in the season before March. Aldridge looks like the best offensive player by a lot, and like the most polished prospect of the group.
madisonsmadhouse
With the way the Bulls are set up, I would not draft Noah, unless there was a huge drop off to what was left. I would definately consider one of the guards, like Roy, if Thomas and Aldridge were already off of the board. We don't need a Chandler clone on the team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.