Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the One thing the Bulls miss from
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I picked Eddy Curry, because he was the one guy that would get double teamed and he would kick it out to our gaurds and get easy baskets. So what do you think? If you can think of ne others just post them here biggrin.gif .
BV1998
yea I agree with Paxson getting rid of him but Eddy was a huge part of last years success
bulls91
i say leadership i know AD and he is willing to help out the younger center that we get in the draft and the ones on our team. of course it will not be free but it will not be more then a couple thousand.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:23 PM)
i say leadership i know AD and he is willing to hel out the younger center that we get in the draft and the ones on our team. of course it will not be free but it will not be more then a couple thousand.

huh.gif Or million.

I don't understand what you mean here. He is not goign to come and do a seminar lol. laugh.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:25 PM)
huh.gif Or million.

I don't understand what you mean here. He is not goign to come and do a seminar lol. laugh.gif

no he will be like another coach but for the big guys like the rookie that we will be gitting.
Balta1701-B
We are missing an inside scoring presence, plain and simple. Unfortunately, the only option we had was Curry, which is a pretty crappy one overall.
bulls91
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 26 2006, 06:47 PM)
We are missing an inside scoring presence, plain and simple. Unfortunately, the only option we had was Curry, which is a pretty crappy one overall.

i think that if we get either Aldridge of thomas they will both be good in the bulls system but i think that aldridge is a few steps ahead
RememberThe90's
I think everyone is underestimating the presense of Antonio Davis.
soxfan101
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Mar 26 2006, 07:39 PM)
I think everyone is underestimating the presense of Antonio Davis.

or overestimating.
Timoperezrulez
If the Bulls have Eddy in the playoffs last year, they beat Washington, enough said.
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 26 2006, 08:56 PM)
If the Bulls have Eddy in the playoffs last year, they beat Washington, enough said.

headbang.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 26 2006, 12:54 PM)
I picked Eddy Curry, because he was the one guy that would get double teamed and he would kick it out to our gaurds and get easy baskets. So what do you think? If you can think of ne others just post them here biggrin.gif .

I realize everyone was willing to throw Eddy out the door last year, but this team really misses him. He's an explosive big man who gives the taem a threat down low. We miss that more than anything and need to find it.

I said we would be screwed when we lost him and its turned out. That said I am not saying it would have been wise to sign him to that big deal, however, if you would have promised me he wouldn't have had any issues from his heart, I would have prefered to resign him.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 27 2006, 04:30 PM)
I realize everyone was willing to throw Eddy out the door last year, but this team really misses him. He's an explosive big man who gives the taem a threat down low. We miss that more than anything and need to find it.

I said we would be screwed when we lost him and its turned out. That said I am not saying it would have been wise to sign him to that big deal, however, if you would have promised me he wouldn't have had any issues from his heart, I would have prefered to resign him.

Agreeing that I miss him the most doesn't mean that I want him back. His departure is the best thing the franchise could have done for the long term.
soxfan101
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 27 2006, 07:25 PM)
Agreeing that I miss him the most doesn't mean that I want him back. His departure is the best thing the franchise could have done for the long term.

how do you figure. Last season we were a young team on the rise... third best record in the East even though it wasnt that great. Now we are barely the 9th place team and with a couple losses easilly go down to 10th-11th.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 27 2006, 11:04 PM)
how do you figure. Last season we were a young team on the rise... third best record in the East even though it wasnt that great. Now we are barely the 9th place team and with a couple losses easilly go down to 10th-11th.

You haven't isolated all the variables... how do you know its missing curry that caused the decline and not losing the veteran leadership of AD and griffith?

Also, are you sure there was a decline... maybe other teams just imprvoved...

Cleaveland got better...
the nets got Healthy
The Bucks got better (although it seems like they hit a wall)
Philly got healthy
The Wizards... um... um... ok so maybe the Bulls got a little worse in the short term... but in the long term I think ditching curry was the right move considering his heart issues and the fact the Isiah got fleeced for him.
soxfan101
Because veteran leadership is a bit of bullshit.... and Im taking into account other teams got better but you dont go from 3rd to 9th or lower by losing Antonio Davis and Adrian Griffin.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 28 2006, 01:33 AM)
Because veteran leadership is a bit of bullshit.... and Im taking into account other teams got better but you dont go from 3rd to 9th or lower by losing Antonio Davis and Adrian Griffin.

yeah your right heady veterans are worth spit. Thats why teams like portland filled with young talent are doing so well... oh wait...

Look around the NBA. what teams are doing wel? In the NBA we see veteran teams of men (like the spurs, pistons, suns, mavs, ect) beating up on young teams full of talented kids right out of school. Part of the reason why the baby Bulls defied that trend last year was that they had vocal veterans like AD getting on the young players and getting them to play like veterans. Guys like AD were the catalysts for last years team. Losing Curry hurt the team too... but I think the loss of AD hurt more than anyone expected.
Da Bulls 88
Trading Eddy Curry.
illinilaw08
I voted for Curry because the Bulls miss his low post presence the most in the short term. However, between the uncertainty of his health and the strong return it appears the Bulls have received in the deal, I would say that in the long term Curry's loss will not be missed (especially if the Knicks pick yields a solid post).

Furthermore, I dont think that veteran leadership gets enough credit in this thread. Teams with players that know how to work the officials and just have been through the rigors of enough regular seasons are invaluable on a young team. As mentioned earlier, Portland is a great example of what happens to a team without veteran leadership.
madisonsmadhouse
I think it is completely obvious that the vets they are missing is killing the Bulls. Look no further than their 4th quarter preformances this year. They seem to be rudderless in the 4th, and don't seem to have anyone who can hit a shot, sans Gordon. They have blown, and fallen short in so many games this year, it is concievable they could have still been a middle playoff seed, with a couple of guys with some icewater in their veins, instead of the bricklayers convention we have witnessed this year. I swear if I had a dollar for every shot I have seen Hinrich, Duhon, Nocioni, and Deng blow in the 4th quarter of a close game, I wouldn't be playing the powerball anymore.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 28 2006, 01:14 AM)
yeah your right heady veterans are worth spit. Thats why teams like portland filled with young talent are doing so well... oh wait...

Look around the NBA. what teams are doing wel? In the NBA we see veteran teams of men (like the spurs, pistons, suns, mavs, ect) beating up on young teams full of talented kids right out of school. Part of the reason why the baby Bulls defied that trend last year was that they had vocal veterans like AD getting on the young players and getting them to play like veterans. Guys like AD were the catalysts for last years team. Losing Curry hurt the team too... but I think the loss of AD hurt more than anyone expected.

The Clippers also improved vastly this year when they added vets like Mobley and Sam Cassel. Now I realize those are talented vets, but they were vets nonetheless and the Clips have made big time strides thanks to them.

You need a good mixture of veterans and youth.
soxfan101
yes talented veterans are a good thing... but the loss of Eddy Curry was much greater than AD and Griffin.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 28 2006, 01:45 PM)
yes talented veterans are a good thing... but the loss of Eddy Curry was much greater than AD and Griffin.

Looking at last nights game as an excellent example of 2005-6, remember Eddy Curry hardly ever played in the 4th quarter anyway, while guys like Antonio Davis did. Does anyone really believe that AD would have tolerated the wide open shots that got passed up when the Bulls opened up the 4th quarter shooting as cold as they did? It quickly became an epidemic of bad shots chucked up at the end of the shot clock, because no one had the guts to take a shot, or the brains to take the ball to the basket. There was zero leadership on the floor in the 4th quarter and it killed the Bulls, and most likely their playoff chances.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 05:41 AM)
Looking at last nights game as an excellent example of 2005-6, remember Eddy Curry hardly ever played in the 4th quarter anyway, while guys like Antonio Davis did. Does anyone really believe that AD would have tolerated the wide open shots that got passed up when the Bulls opened up the 4th quarter shooting as cold as they did? It quickly became an epidemic of bad shots chucked up at the end of the shot clock, because no one had the guts to take a shot, or the brains to take the ball to the basket. There was zero leadership on the floor in the 4th quarter and it killed the Bulls, and most likely their playoff chances.

Thats what the Bulls do. They get timid and they need someone to just kick them in the ass. Having someone who can do some things in the low post would probably stop them from panicking (Ie Eddy Curry) or having a leader who knows what he's talking about would tell them to stop being idiots (AD).

Either won would have helped us win this game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.