Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pirates of the Carribean
TalkBulls Forums > Special Interests > Shoot The Bull
HITStheDAGGER
Should i got see it, or wait till my school Library gets it?
Goldmember
depends on how much you liked the first. it's not as good as first but is still an ok flick and a good theatre movie, imo. if you loved the first i'm sure you will like this one...
HITStheDAGGER
ok thanks
Chisoxfn
Solid movie, not near as good as the 1st and I think its main job was to set up for the 3rd one. Still lots of great action, in fact, you could make a case for there being too much action.

The 1st was better cause it had more plot development.
Giant Killer
I didn't like it too much. I suppose if you liked the first one, this one would be interesting to you.

There wasn't too much of a plot and the movie was way too long for my liking.
greasywheels121
I absolutely loved it. This was probably my favorite movie of the summer.
dasox24
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Jul 16 2006, 11:10 PM) *
I absolutely loved it. This was probably my favorite movie of the summer.

Yeah, I really liked it a lot, too. I love the 1st one, and while the 2nd one was a little underdeveloped, as I think Jason said, I truly believe the point of the 2nd one was to purely entertain while setting up the 3rd and final one, which should be badass!
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 16 2006, 09:23 PM) *
Yeah, I really liked it a lot, too. I love the 1st one, and while the 2nd one was a little underdeveloped, as I think Jason said, I truly believe the point of the 2nd one was to purely entertain while setting up the 3rd and final one, which should be badass!

Ya, it also made me want to go to Disneyland. I haven't been there in years (i live so close to it though so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make a trip and check out Pirates and the other attractions).

The next one should be super badass. I need to netflix the original so I can see it again, definately one of the better movies of the past couple years.

Now its all about waiting for Snakes on a Plane to come out headbang.gif
dasox24
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 16 2006, 11:33 PM) *
Now its all about waiting for Snakes on a Plane to come out headbang.gif

laugh.gif When I saw a preview for that in the movie theatre for the first time, the whole theatre erupted in laughter when we realized what movie the preview was for. I'm not sure if that's the reaction that the director would have wanted... tongue.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 16 2006, 09:36 PM) *
laugh.gif When I saw a preview for that in the movie theatre for the first time, the whole theatre erupted in laughter when we realized what movie the preview was for. I'm not sure if that's the reaction that the director would have wanted... tongue.gif

Ya, I feel sorry if the director was planning on making this a serious movie. Than again I remember Slav telling me that Transporter 2 was supposed to be serious (how dare you sf1) : tongue.gif
dasox24
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17 2006, 12:07 AM) *
Ya, I feel sorry if the director was planning on making this a serious movie. Than again I remember Slav telling me that Transporter 2 was supposed to be serious (how dare you sf1) : tongue.gif

Upon further review, I feel really bad for this director. This is his first movie that he's been the lead director (and it might be his last... laugh.gif ) of a movie. Seriously, though, he's been an associate director for movies like Harry Potter, The Perfect Storm, The Matrix, etc. and a stunt coordinator for such blockbuster, action movies as The Jungle Book, but he's never directed a movie until now. Sucks for him.
madisonsmadhouse
Somebody must like Pirates, it has made over a quarter of a billion dollars in ten days ohmy.gif
Steve9347
i adored the film... its just good fun.

plus, the music always makes you think of the White Sox!

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 17 2006, 12:25 AM) *
Upon further review, I feel really bad for this director. This is his first movie that he's been the lead director (and it might be his last... laugh.gif ) of a movie. Seriously, though, he's been an associate director for movies like Harry Potter, The Perfect Storm, The Matrix, etc. and a stunt coordinator for such blockbuster, action movies as The Jungle Book, but he's never directed a movie until now. Sucks for him.

well, he should have at least one more film, the sequal. according to sam jackson the title will be "More Motherfuckin' Snakes on More Motherfuckin' Planes."

He was kidding.
Goldmember
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17 2006, 08:33 AM) *
Somebody must like Pirates, it has made over a quarter of a billion dollars in ten days ohmy.gif

lemmings. i was going to wait til it got out on vid since i wasn't a big fan of the first or another quirky johnny depp role (it's really wearing old). however was dragged to it by a lemming...
sport1016
Ya, it also made me want to go to Disneyland. I haven't been there in years (i live so close to it though so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make a trip and check out Pirates and the other attractions).

Be careful about that. I went to disney world when I was in 2nd grade, so when I was in LA for Spring Break during my freshman year at U of I I wanted to go check out Disney land. Walking around disney land with two other 19 year old guys made me feel like a pedophile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.