Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what fan are you?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
HITStheDAGGER
Always Illini

notworthy.gif Hail to the Chief! notworthy.gif
HITStheDAGGER
OPPS Sry guys i clicked on NBA no Collage........

Sry if a mod could move that would be great

sry to waste your guyes time.....
greasywheels121
Hoosiers.
SoxFan1
UofI Fighting Illini and GVSU Lakers.
Goldmember
1. Illini
2. Kentucky
3. Texas
madisonsmadhouse
Manchester, Manchester FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT headbang.gif
Da Bulls 88
Illini cheers.gif
ChWRoCk2
WAS Purdue, but watchin their crappy team just blew my mind

now it is duke
ZoomSlowik
I'm a weirdo, I root for Northwestern. blink.gif

I also typically adopt another team or two that I like in a given year that I follow as well. Last year it was Villanova. Not sure who it will be this year yet.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12 2006, 07:25 AM)

blink.gif
cubssuck1
southern.
WHarris1
Illinois, I also cheer for SIU and DePaul
bschmaranz
Only college team I really watch on a consistent basis is DePaul. I'll watch the Illini if there's nothing on but for the most part, I'm a DePaul fan.
Rowand44
Go Southern Go.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 12 2006, 12:00 PM)
blink.gif

Don't be hatin on the 1995 Division III runners up stick.gif
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13 2006, 08:31 AM)
Don't be hatin on the 1995 Division III runners up stick.gif

Sure. If i even knew what team you were talking about. laugh.gif
Chisoxfn
Der Hawkeyes
Soxbadger
I doubt that its hard to guess.

On Wisconsin
Goldmember
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12 2006, 06:25 AM)

laugh.gif was in the area a couple months ago and saw a billboard for the college. remembered you and/or kap posted about it before so was half tempted to go check it out...
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Goldmember @ Jul 13 2006, 06:55 PM)
laugh.gif was in the area a couple months ago and saw a billboard for the college. remembered you and/or kap posted about it before so was half tempted to go check it out...

Yeah that would be us, the Ex-Spartans. If you ever have an interest in checking the place out, drop me a line. There are a couple of really good programs down there, and some that aren't worth a spiff. Both of us could pretty much tell you whether it is worth your time or not.
dasox24
I've been a huge Illinois fan all my life, but now that I'll be a frosh at the Univ. of Tennessee this year, they're gonna be right up there with Illinois.
SleepyWhiteSox
DePaul biggrin.gif sad.gif sleep.gif
sport1016
Go......Illini.....Go!

NEXT YEAR will be tough though. Still good D, but unless McBride improves it is possible no one in starting 5 will be able to create their own shot 'cept Pruitt.

PREDICTION: Pruitt outplays greg oden once this year.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 17 2006, 02:22 PM) *
Go......Illini.....Go!

NEXT YEAR will be tough though. Still good D, but unless McBride improves it is possible no one in starting 5 will be able to create their own shot 'cept Pruitt.

PREDICTION: Pruitt outplays greg oden once this year.

blink.gif

I wouldn't go that far. Pruitt is a nice player, but Oden is a freak. He's not a normal big guy, he's probably the best post player in the league since Duncan the minute he steps on the floor. Think the post version of Carmelo. He could have been the number 1 pick as a high school junior if he were eligible.
DutheDoduhon21
1 duke
2 de paul
3 illini
Cubbies4Life
Go Zona and awkward looking Chase Budinger
Heads22
The real ISU. The one in Ames.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 17 2006, 03:50 PM) *
blink.gif

I wouldn't go that far. Pruitt is a nice player, but Oden is a freak. He's not a normal big guy, he's probably the best post player in the league since Duncan the minute he steps on the floor. Think the post version of Carmelo. He could have been the number 1 pick as a high school junior if he were eligible.

Oden is a freak already? This guy is too overhyped. He hasn't played a damn game in his college basketball career. jpshakehead.gif
Rowand44
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 18 2006, 04:06 PM) *
Oden is a freak already? This guy is too overhyped. He hasn't played a damn game in his college basketball career. jpshakehead.gif

He's a freak.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 18 2006, 04:24 PM) *
He's a freak.

We'll see. wink.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 18 2006, 02:27 PM) *
We'll see. wink.gif

Best player to come out of high school since Lebron. Yes its a short time, but he's the best center to come along since Shaq. The guy is a total animal and I actually think he's underhyped (compared to all the hype and talk Lebron had surrounding him).
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 18 2006, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 18 2006, 05:28 PM) *
Best player to come out of high school since Lebron. Yes its a short time, but he's the best center to come along since Shaq. The guy is a total animal and I actually think he's underhyped (compared to all the hype and talk Lebron had surrounding him).

I agree with you Jas. This kid is a HUGE talent. They don't make 7 footers with his ability but every 10-20 years. Seriously this could be the best big man since Shaquille.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18 2006, 06:35 PM) *
I agree with you Jas. This kid is a HUGE talent. They don't make 7 footers with his ability but every 10-20 years. Seriously this could be the best big man since Shaquille.

I've heard a few scouts say that he could be the best post prospect since Lew Alcindor. ph34r.gif

It's a bit pre-mature to rank him ahead of guys like Shaq, Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, and Malone, but that gives you an idea of how highly people think of this guy.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 18 2006, 07:08 PM) *
I've heard a few scouts say that he could be the best post prospect since Lew Alcindor. ph34r.gif

It's a bit pre-mature to rank him ahead of guys like Shaq, Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, and Malone, but that gives you an idea of how highly people think of this guy.

I am not going to say that he is ahead of guys like the ones on your list until I see his college game, but at this stage of his career he is doing things on a level with most of those guys. Hakeem really doesn't belong on that list because he started playing basketball so late in life that he came out of nowhere. Moses Malone might be a real good comparision as he actually came straight out of HS to the NBA and was one of the second teir of greatest big men ever. Guys like Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, and Jabar had hype that followed them for quite a while before they even hit college, let alone the NBA.
Da Bulls 88
To me, until Oden plays some college basketball. He's nothing to me. This isn't high school basketball So, he isn't going to have his way all the time like he did in high school.
dasox24
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 19 2006, 08:52 AM) *
To me, until Oden plays some college basketball. He's nothing to me. This isn't high school basketball So, he isn't going to have his way all the time like he did in high school.

True, college isn't high school basketball. The level of competition night in and night out will be much greater. He won't only have to "gear up" for a few games a year. However, I have no doubt in my mind that Oden won't dominate from the get-go. The only thing that may slow him down is his hurt wrist. Otherwise, if healthy, Oden will have no trouble against fellow college players. He's already bigger and stronger than most anyway, and has more skill than maybe any big man in college right now.
Da Bulls 88
I'm not saying he's a bad player. I just wanna see him play some college basketball, before saying anything great about him.
Jordan4life_2007
1: Illini

2: Anybody who's playing Duke

3: OSU (yes, I'm on their bandwagon while Oden is there. It's only gonna be for a year, though)
dasox24
QUOTE (Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20 2006, 10:29 PM) *

I'll have to second that. I don't care who Duke is playing, I'll never root for them.
Da Bulls 88
QUOTE (Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20 2006, 10:29 PM) *

I'm a Duke fan. Not nice. jpshakehead.gif tongue.gif
Brian
Go Dawgs!
hinrich fan
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! It would have to be KU...give Kirk some love!
DrunkBomber
SIU. I went there when they made it to the sweet 16. It was quite the experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.