Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next year
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Timoperezrulez
This year is a good learning experience in my opinion. But next year is going to be the money year. With the core of young players we have now, plus to lottery picks and some free agents, we should be loaded in a weak eastern conference next year. I am hoping for atleast a 3 seed next year. What do you guys think?
SoxFan1
If we make the playoffs this year, it will be a great learning experience no matter the outcome. If we improve over the offseason with a true 2-guard who can score and defend and then adress the low post situation, a 3 seed is definitely not out of the question. But that mean we would have to win our division. So 4 or 5 is probably more realistic. We saw what good defense did for us last year. The loss of AD was big from a leadership prosepective as well.
Chisoxfn
It depends on what we do in the off-season, but right now I feel if Paxson does a good job, on the high end we could be a 3 seed, but more realistically at least a 5 seed (and I expect us to be a 4 seed).

Still its really hard to predict since the moves haven't been made.
Balta1701-B
Well, for the Bulls to be a 3-seed, that means that the Bulls actually have to pass the Pistons, since the Pistons are in the Bulls division, and the 3 division winners go 1-2-3. That also means that someone from the other 2 divisions (including someone out of the Nets, Knicks, Celtics, and 76ers) will also have to be better than both the Bulls and the Pistons and the Pacers and all the other teams.

A 4 seed is actually logical. A 3 seed is not.

Anywho...just like last year...if you give the Bulls a presence who can score downlow, they have a real shot. Especially if this next one learns how to "Jump".

We've got a good chance for 4-5 "Money" years in a row, especially if that 2nd knick pick turns golden also.
ZoomSlowik
I think that's a little ambitious for next year. The Pistons and Heat aren't going anywhere, and the Pacers have had some serious injury problems. Depending on what they do in the off-season, they could also be difficult to pass.

The Bulls' potential for next year depends heavily on what they do in the offseason. They definitely have a better chance if they could somehow pull off a deal for a superstar like Garnett, O'Neal, or Pierce. Even then, it might partially depend on who we have to give up.

Another major factor is the draft. It'll depend on where our picks end up. Getting one of the early picks would net us Aldridge or Gay, which would give us another valuable piece and some flexibility.

It's way too early to tell, but there is definitely some hope.
madisonsmadhouse
It ought be interesting because the East seems to be the clump of awesome teams, and then there are about 10 teams that are within 5 games or so of each other. Barring big moves by multiple teams, the Bulls jumping into the middle seeds isn't too crazy. If they get some size in the frontline, and a big two guard who can cover someone while contributing something on the O end, this team is set.
mac9001
Unless the Bulls cut down on turnovers (specifically from their bigs) and add a consistent free throw threat i don't see much optimism for a significant improvement. The Bulls are a perimeter team with out a high percentage, high volume scorer. Thus, the offense will continue to struggle.

The Bulls are effectively modeling their offense on the Phoenix system. Transitional dunks and perimeter shots in the half court with a high tempo possessions. If you play this sytle of offense you need high percentage scorers, since you rarely get to the line with this system. The Bulls need to find the appropriate players for their system or change the system, since its current situation doesnt work.
madisonsmadhouse
A big man who can score is a must. It would also really help if Kirk and Duh busted their asses this summer to learn to consistantly hit the open shots they get. I think the turnovers will moderate as the young guards mature into their rolls, so I am not worried about that as much.
mac9001
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15 2006, 01:08 PM)
A big man who can score is a must. It would also really help if Kirk and Duh busted their asses this summer to learn to consistantly hit the open shots they get. I think the turnovers will moderate as the young guards mature into their rolls, so I am not worried about that as much.

Well, if you look at the Bulls their worst turnover offenders are Tyson, Othella and Sweetney (per possession) . With Nocioni and Songaila the next highest while not being high volume scorers. The Bulls turnover problem seems to be an issue with the non-guards.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (mac9001 @ Mar 15 2006, 01:15 PM)
Well, if you look at the Bulls their worst turnover offenders are Tyson, Othella and Sweetney (per possession) . With Nocioni and Songaila the next highest while not being high volume scorers. The Bulls turnover problem seems to be an issue with the non-guards.

A lot of that would go away with a solid big man. Othella, Song, and Sweets would either be out the door, or buried on the bench. Tyson would handle the ball a whole lot less, as would Noc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.