Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quandry for Bulls fans
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
TeaLeafReaderII
I've got to admit... I'll be cheering for the knicks against the 76ers huh.gif chair.gif
bschmaranz
Hate to admit it, but I'd rather see the Knicks drop 2. Personally for me, watching the Bulls go 4 and out against the Pistons would just be frustrating so I'd prefer the higher pick to the public ass-kicking.
hammerhead johnson
Again, any amount of playoff experience is invaluable, even if you get mopped. Let's get some more experience for our current core: Kirk, Tyson, Deng, Duhon, Nocioni, and err...Ben Gordon.

And remember, the 8th seeded Denver Nuggets took out the #1 seeded Seattle Supersonics back in the mid 90s. Anything is possible.

Seriously though, our core will benefit from making an appearance in the 1st Round. That is an undeniable fact.

Also, as long as the Knicks finish with one of the three worst records in the NBA, we will have an excellent shot at landing Aldridge. The Bobcats don't need him, what with Okafor, Brezec, May, etc. Portland is the team that we have to worry about, but who knows, maybe they'll keep Vanilla Gorilla & draft a perimiter scoring threat instead. You know, someone who can actually shoot the ball. Nobody fits the bill on their current roster.
soxfan101
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 27 2006, 03:04 PM)
Again, any amount of playoff experience is invaluable, even if you get mopped. Let's get some more experience for our current core: Kirk, Tyson, Deng, Duhon, Nocioni, and err...Ben Gordon.

And remember, the 8th seeded Denver Nuggets took out the #1 seeded Seattle Supersonics back in the mid 90s. Anything is possible.

Seriously though, our core will benefit from making an appearance in the 1st Round. That is an undeniable fact.

Also, as long as the Knicks finish with one of the three worst records in the NBA, we will have an excellent shot at landing Aldridge. The Bobcats don't need him, what with Okafor, Brezec, May, etc. Portland is the team that we have to worry about, but who knows, maybe they'll keep Vanilla Gorilla & draft a perimiter scoring threat instead. You know, someone who can actually shoot the ball. Nobody fits the bill on their current roster.

Is that so? Tell me will getting swept in the first round help us more than possibly the 7-9th pick in draft and how can you prove that.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 27 2006, 04:03 PM)
Is that so? Tell me will getting swept in the first round help us more than possibly the 7-9th pick in draft and how can you prove that.

Do you remeber the way the 84' bears finished the season? Everyone knew 85' was going to be special...

it certainly not undeniable... but it is a very logical conclusion. Especially when we have guys like Gordon and Chandler whose games are so dependent on confidence. And unless we draft chris paul chances are the 7-9 pick won't be helping the bulls next season.

Edit: back to the 84' Bears... remember the oakland bears game... oh man that was a football game... emergency qbs warming up and playing... spleens and bones breaking... that game was a bloodbath chair.gif cheers.gif I don't even remember who won... but after that game... I knew 85 was going to be a good year
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 27 2006, 04:03 PM)

These guys have to get used to a playoff environment. Every little bit of experience helps. You have to get murdered before you succeed as well. biggrin.gif

Maybe I should have said undeniable fact IMO.
BV1998
how cool would it be if the Bulls make the playoffs and eliminate the Pistons in the first round after there best season in franchise history, that would be better than winning the championship this year in my opinion. I know its unlikely but I hate the pistons soooooo much.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 27 2006, 04:05 PM)
it certainly not undeniable... but it is a very logical conclusion. Especially when we have guys like Gordon and Chandler whose games are so dependent on confidence.

And remember, our current core is still made up of babies in NBA terms. These guys are barely old enough to drink. Let's get them some more playoff experience. There's no question that it will pay off in the long run (more or less what I meant by "undeniable fact").
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (BV1998 @ Mar 27 2006, 04:09 PM)
how cool would it be if the Bulls make the playoffs and eliminate the Pistons in the first round after there best season in franchise history, that would be better than winning the championship this year in my opinion. I know its unlikely but I hate the pistons soooooo much.

Oh yeah? I loooove the Pistons. I don't have much of a choice, as Tayshaun and Big Ben are among my favorite players. After the Bulls are eliminated, I still need someone to root for.

We can't match up with them now, but in two to three years, who knows?
Chisoxfn
I'm rooting for the Sixers to lose, but if they end up winning than I'll always just tell myself oh well, at least it helps our draft pick.

That said playoff experience is invaluable (like Hammer said) and I'd like to see us get more of that.
Timoperezrulez
The last two times the bulls played the pistons, it came down to the wire. I'm not saying the Bulls will win the series, but they might steal a game or two.
RememberThe90's
76er's and the draft pick.

We need a top 2 pick.

Its the only hope I see for this franshise.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 27 2006, 04:05 PM)
speens and bones breaking...

Whats a speen?
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 27 2006, 07:26 PM)
Whats a speen?

typo... a spleen

spleen ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spln)
n.

A large, highly vascular lymphoid organ, lying in the human body to the left of the stomach below the diaphragm, serving to store blood, disintegrate old blood cells, filter foreign substances from the blood, and produce lymphocytes.

Transverse section of the human spleen, showing the distribution of the splenic artery and its branches.

biggrin.gif

Edit: My bad... I guess it was actually Jim McMahon's kidney that got broke... not his spleen...

From wikipedia

"In a violent game against the Los Angeles Raiders in Chicago, McMahon sustained a season-ending injury when he was brutally tackled by two Los Angeles defenders. He suffered bruised ribs and a lacerated kidney on the play, but limped to the huddle and breathlessly called the next play, despite difficulty breathing and increasing pain. The players could barely hear him in the huddle, and when McMahon attempted an audible at the line of scrimmage the Bear's receivers were unable to hear his call. McMahon was on the verge of collapsing on the field, clutching his flank and rasping in his attempts to convey his situation. Offensive linemen helped McMahon stand and leave the field. McMahon went to the lockeroom, and reported urine that "looked like grape juice." The gutsy McMahon's season was over, but the admiration in the eyes of his teamates was significant."
madisonsmadhouse
So what helps the Bulls more in the long run, a top pick or a playoff trouncing? I think this year with no concensus all-star player out there, you have to look at the playoffs being more important.
rangercal
Ill be rooting for the '6ers If the Bulls cant hang with them because of a couple games, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
bulls91
i really want the knicks to lose even though we are olny 1.5 games out of the playoffs i would rather have a very good draft pick and make it far in the playoffs next year. huh.gif huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.