IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bulls interested in Ray Allen?, add another to the list...
soxfan3530
post Jun 25 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 392

Saw this on yahoo! sports. Looks to be mostly speculation. Don't really want. He is a great player but personally i think he is at the end of his career and is similar to ben gordon. what do you guys think?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/teams/C...o+Bulls/nba.t.4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 25 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Allen is actually only 31, but yeah, he's a bit older...

He's one of the deadliest shooters in the league. The shooting percentage is a little lower than I'd like, but part of that is also probably a factor of him basically carrying the Sonics on his back a lot of the time. He's definitely a major asset that would be deadly when combined with Deng and Hinrich outside, and gives us a bigger 2-guard. The age is an issue though, and does he really give us anything that different than Gordon on offense?

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 25 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25 2007, 04:14 PM) *
Allen is actually only 31, but yeah, he's a bit older...

He's one of the deadliest shooters in the league. The shooting percentage is a little lower than I'd like, but part of that is also probably a factor of him basically carrying the Sonics on his back a lot of the time. He's definitely a major asset that would be deadly when combined with Deng and Hinrich outside, and gives us a bigger 2-guard. The age is an issue though, and does he really give us anything that different than Gordon on offense?

One of the most consistent shooters in the last 20 years? And Bulls fans might be pissed, but Allen is far more clutch than Rally Gordon.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 25 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 02:22 PM) *
One of the most consistent shooters in the last 20 years? And Bulls fans might be pissed, but Allen is far more clutch than Rally Gordon.

On that we'll all agree, although hopefully someday Gordon improves in that regard. Someday being this year.

Maybe I'm the only one, but if Hawes does fall to us, I still really like the makeup of our team as-is next year, as long as we add at least 1 more big man somewhere.

But wait, didn't Ray Allen already move to Minnesota?

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 25 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 25 2007, 04:31 PM) *
On that we'll all agree, although hopefully someday Gordon improves in that regard. Someday being this year.

Maybe I'm the only one, but if Hawes does fall to us, I still really like the makeup of our team as-is next year, as long as we add at least 1 more big man somewhere.

But wait, didn't Ray Allen already move to Minnesota?

Hawes seems to be the un-popular pick here, but again, I agree with you 100%. If we don't make any major trades, I am content with drafting Hawes and trading for Gooden, or signing Milicic or Ely.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 11:56 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home