> Kobe want trade, If Lakers don't bring back West
SoxFan1
post May 28 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

http://kutv.com/sports/local_story_147194220.html

Gordon, Thomas, and the 9th pick...do it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post May 28 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #2

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

It would be great to land Kobe.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 28 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #3

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

salaries don't work... you need to throw in big ben or kirk

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 28 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I'll pass. That guy is my least favorite player in the NBA. I don't need him coming here trying to be the next Jordan. Anyway, I think we'd have to trade the whole damn team just to get him.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 28 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #5

Superstar

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 28 2007, 12:45 PM) *
salaries don't work... you need to throw in big ben or kirk

Unless we sign Gordon to a huge contract to make the salaries work. Or maybe even Noc in a sign/trade.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 28 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #6

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

the poison pill clause keeps that from working... unless you are talking about next offseason.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 29 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Mike and Mike in the morning were saying

Chi Receives:

Kobe Bryant
Andrew Bynum

LA Receives:

Luol Deng
Ben Gordon
Ben Wallace

would you do that? I probably would but then it'd seem as if we would be just like the Lakers of this year (not very good). I could be wrong, unless Bynum develops crazily. Bynum + Tyrus = Dominant low post players in their primes.

PG: Hinrich
SG: Kobe
SF: Thabo
PF: Tyrus
C: Bynum

hmmm...

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 29 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Honestly, no I would not do that for Kobe. The whole reason to get a Kobe would be to put him within the next year or two with some really talented guys you already have who are ready.

Simply put, Bynum and Tyrus may be the 2 best players in the NBA 3 years from now for all I know, but the whole reason to get a Kobe Bryant right now for the Bulls would be to put Kobe on the court at the same time as Big Ben and Luol.

Kobe would probably be just as annoyed with that lineup waiting on TT and Bynum to develop as he is in L.A.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 29 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 29 2007, 02:22 PM) *
Bynum + Tyrus = Dominant low post players in their primes.

laugh.gif Tyrus will never be a dominant low post player. I have trouble believing he'll be dominant in anything at all. Bynum, perhaps, because he's go the size and has developed a lot already. Tyrus doesn't have the bulk, height (not too big of an issue though), or the low post game. Fortunately, these are things that he can add, well, besides height.

Oh, and as far as Bynum/Kobe for Gordon/Deng/Wallace...I'll go ahead and say no thanks.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 29 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 29 2007, 05:14 PM) *
laugh.gif Tyrus will never be a dominant low post player. I have trouble believing he'll be dominant in anything at all. Bynum, perhaps, because he's go the size and has developed a lot already. Tyrus doesn't have the bulk, height (not too big of an issue though), or the low post game. Fortunately, these are things that he can add, well, besides height.

Oh, and as far as Bynum/Kobe for Gordon/Deng/Wallace...I'll go ahead and say no thanks.

If you say so rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 29 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 29 2007, 06:02 PM) *

Oh, that's right, I forgot, everything I say about Tyrus is wrong, while your 4 word posts are filled with knowledge and relevancy. GMAB.

You really believe Tyrus Thomas will be a dominant low post player? A dominant low-post player. You think he will be somewhere along the lines of Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon? Those are dominant low-post players. I don't think so.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 29 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 29 2007, 06:02 PM) *

Tyrus is far more likely to be a Shawn Marion/Josh Smith type than a Duncan/KG type...

I could MAYBE see something like Dwight Howard or Amare Stoudemire since those guys mostly score on layups or dunks (even that would require more bulk and improved touch), but being a major force with his back to the basket would require exponential improvement...

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 30 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 29 2007, 08:10 PM) *
Oh, that's right, I forgot, everything I say about Tyrus is wrong, while your 4 word posts are filled with knowledge and relevancy. GMAB.

You really believe Tyrus Thomas will be a dominant low post player? A dominant low-post player. You think he will be somewhere along the lines of Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon? Those are dominant low-post players. I don't think so.

Well then you better ban me for 5 years then if you think I can't say what I feel. and FYI I don't think Tyrus will be the players above, I said Tyrus + Bynum in prime will be a dominant frontcourt for years to come. I don't care what you think about my posts, I've been through a whole hell of alot these past few weeks with my mom being in the hospital, I really could care less what you think.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post May 30 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Just reported on ESPN bottom line that Kobe said in an interview he told the Lakers he would like a trade and theres nothing they can do to change his mind.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 30 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Well we know IF we trade for Kobe, Wallace is obviously gone because contracts need to matchup and Gordon is obviously gone because he is a 2 guard and so is Kobe. We all know Gordon is completely inept at becoming the point guard of this team with his lack of ball handling.

So its Gordon + Wallace +??

For Kobe+ Bynum?

I would do all that it takes to keep Deng because I'll always take a great SG and SF. You don't see too many of those combos. AI and Mello work out pretty well. We will see how much better there chemistry gets during this offseason.

If there was an Ideal trade to get Kobe Bryant it would be

Chi Receives: Kobe Bryant

LA Receives: Ben Gordon, Ben Wallace, First Round Pick

Unless we want Bynum too, we will HAVE to give up Deng because of Bynums young talent. We all know how much they love him. They wouldn't even give him up for Jason Kidd so it'd be tough. If we did that, we wouldn't give up our first round pick and therefore we could draft a young SF like Julian Wright!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 09:34 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home