> Kobe Stands To His Word, Meets w/Buss in Spain
dasox24
post Jun 18 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #31

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 18 2007, 10:31 AM) *
Wow, the latest scenarios are intriguing... with the Bulls only losing PJ, Gordon, Tyrus and the pick... sign me the fish up.
If we can get a deal of this magnitude done, then look out NBA Championships...

Yeah, that would be so sweet. Even if we didn't add a big man to score in the post, like the author said, at least we'd have improved ourselves in a few areas: Defensively and height-wise at Guard, we'd have a true Superstar, and we'd have a clutch scorer at the end of games to take those last second shots. Then, trade Duhon and some 2nd rounders (like mentioned in that other thread) for a guy like Drew Gooden, and the scoring down low is somewhat resolved. Gooden isn't the greatest player, but he's a better scoring option than anything we have right now at PF/C.

Can you imagine a team of:
PG- Hinrich/Sef
SG- Kobe/Sef
SF- Deng/Noc
PF- Gooden/FA/2nd rounder
C- Wallace/FA/2nd rounder
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iguana
post Jun 18 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #32

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 18 2007, 10:31 AM) *
Wow, the latest scenarios are intriguing... with the Bulls only losing PJ, Gordon, Tyrus and the pick... sign me the fish up.
If we can get a deal of this magnitude done, then look out NBA Championships...

Man, I'd hate to give up TT though.

throw in the Lakers #19 pick and it would be tough to say no.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 18 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #33

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

I feel like I'm being too loyal to our own players but we CANNOT give up Deng or TT. Look at how the NBA is evolving. They are the front line of the future. The new nba is versatile forwards who are fast, long, and athletic and can switch everything. Neither TT nor Deng are in terrible matchups is forced to switch onto a PF, SF, or SG.

What Marvin Williams and Josh smith are supposed to be. What Marion and Diaw are. Nowitski and Howard. Bosh and Bargnani. Jamison and Butler. Odom and walton. Any golden state starting lineup. Maybe seatle with Durant and Lewis. Maybe memphis with brandan wright and Gay.

Deng and TT are the perfect inside-out, offense-defense, fire and ice combo. But they both score and are both good defenders (i am 100% convinced tyrus will be great) In two years they could be better AND more affordable than any of these combos.

Knowing that Paxson seems to be cautious to say the least to deal his own draft picks, i hope he will choose not to break them up at any cost.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 18 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #34

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

thats a very good point, i dont think pax should give up deng or tyrus nor do i think he will.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 18 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #35

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

While I agree that Deng and Thomas could be a great combo one day, I would not hesitate one bit to trade Thomas if Kobe Bryant is going to be playing in a Bulls jersey. If all it takes is Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon, Thomas, and the 9th pick, I can't see the Bulls saying no.

IMO, Deng is untouchable, unless someone offers you a superstar straight up for him.

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 18 2007, 11:42 PM) *
thats a very good point, i dont think pax should give up deng or tyrus nor do i think he will.

He wouldn't be giving up on him, he'd be letting him go because the best player of the last decade will be joining his team.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 18 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #36

Starter

if you give up both TT and the #9 you have a terrible hole at the 4. You'd basically HAVE to sign 3 bigs...2 pfs and a backup c. That would suck.

Even if you assume you get 1-2 players from second round picks or undrafted free agents (3rd pg and 5th bigs who never play) you are still counting on free agency a lot

any chance mario austin could be in the bulls plans to play the 4? He could turn out to be a nice backup.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 18 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #37

Superstar

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 18 2007, 11:55 PM) *
if you give up both TT and the #9 you have a terrible hole at the 4. You'd basically HAVE to sign 3 bigs...2 pfs and a backup c. That would suck.

Even if you assume you get 1-2 players from second round picks or undrafted free agents (3rd pg and 5th bigs who never play) you are still counting on free agency a lot

any chance mario austin could be in the bulls plans to play the 4? He could turn out to be a nice backup.

We could get the 19th pick in return, draft Splitter, Gasol, or McRoberts or Smith. Then, with a possible addition of Gooden for Duhon and some future picks, sign a guy like Melvin Ely, Kurt Thomas, Antonio McDyess, etc. Then, something that was a weakness becomes a very solid part of the team. And with that, you've got 2 2nd rounders to add depth at PG and PF/C.

Hinrich/Sefolosha/2nd rounder or Barrett???
Bryant/Sefolosha
Deng/Khryapa
Gooden/McRoberts/2nd rounder/Austin??
Wallace/Thomas

There could be many variations.

SF at 19, PF 49, PG, 51.
PG at 19, PF 49, SF 51.
PF at 19, PG at 49, SF 51.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 19 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #38

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (motownbull71 @ Jun 18 2007, 09:44 PM) *
If a deal can be done which would allow us to keep Deng and Hinrich or Gordon, I would say pull the trigger. The concern I would have is what happens in two years when Kobe can opt out of the contract.

You'd have to get a guarentee that he would not opt out as a preface to any trade getting done.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 19 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #39

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

The way Kobe talks about wanting to come to Chicago or New York... he is looking to own a town and he wants to play in the East.

What this says, is I believe an extension would be agreed upon once he arrives in his destination.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 19 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #40

Starter

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 19 2007, 11:19 AM) *
The way Kobe talks about wanting to come to Chicago or New York... he is looking to own a town and he wants to play in the East.

What this says, is I believe an extension would be agreed upon once he arrives in his destination.

I agree. Not for 1 second would I worry that he wouldn't sign an extension.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 19 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #41

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

I got that weird feeling I got when the Bulls/Ben Wallace whispers started last year. I think this gets done. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 19 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #42

Superstar

Lakers Begin Trade Talks With Chicago?
19th June, 2007 - 6:06 pm
Ric Bucher/Sports Center -
The Lakers, according to ESPN's Ric Bucher, have held preliminary trade discussions about Kobe Bryant with the Chicago Bulls .

The club has also looked into whether or not they can repair the relationship with Bryant and they have reportedly received a resounding 'no' from their 'back channel' overtures.

Ric Bucher, ESPN

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 19 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #43

Starter

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 19 2007, 10:30 PM) *
Ric Bucher, ESPN

I love the sound of this... Go get 'em Pax!

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 19 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #44

Starter

If you can somehow get kobe without giving up deng, TT, and Kirk, we will be in the finals next year GUARaNTEED

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 19 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #45

Superstar

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 20 2007, 12:49 AM) *
If you can somehow get kobe without giving up deng, TT, and Kirk, we will be in the finals next year GUARaNTEED

Tyrus is as good as gone if we get Kobe. I know I won't be too mad.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:33 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home