Post #61

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 20 2007, 10:04 PM) *
5 Reasons why kobe to bulls is a long-shot

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...kobe/index.html

might be a little crushing to thoose who want kobe

Just about all of those were pretty obvious. I'm sure they could compile a list of 5 or more reasons why Kobe to the Bulls is as good as done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 21 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #62

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

Kevin Garnett has turned down any trade attempt w/ Boston. Now there is begining talks of a trade w/ Phoenix involving Amare Stoudemare and a 2008 first round pick.

There is continuing chatter around the nation still about Kobe possibly coming to Chicago. If KG ends up going to Phoenix after all, i can definitley see the Kobe to the Bulls rumors intensify. This will help the Bulls saying that Kobe's 2 destinations would be Phoenix and Chicago. Well if Phoenix gets KG, they would drop out of the Kobe bidding, leaving the Bulls the only team he would go to. And since Boston failed to get KG over there, they could be compelled to get involved in a 3 way deal w/ the Bulls and Lakers. And of course, that would be the only way to match Kobe's contract to make the deal work.

Lakers get: Paul Pierce, Tyrus Thomas

Bulls get: Kobe Bryant

Celtics get: Ben Gordon, Andreas Nocioni, Bulls 9th pick

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 21 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #63

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 21 2007, 07:19 PM) *
Kevin Garnett has turned down any trade attempt w/ Boston. Now there is begining talks of a trade w/ Phoenix involving Amare Stoudemare and a 2008 first round pick.

There is continuing chatter around the nation still about Kobe possibly coming to Chicago. If KG ends up going to Phoenix after all, i can definitley see the Kobe to the Bulls rumors intensify. This will help the Bulls saying that Kobe's 2 destinations would be Phoenix and Chicago. Well if Phoenix gets KG, they would drop out of the Kobe bidding, leaving the Bulls the only team he would go to. And since Boston failed to get KG over there, they could be compelled to get involved in a 3 way deal w/ the Bulls and Lakers. And of course, that would be the only way to match Kobe's contract to make the deal work.

Phoenix is already out of the Kobe race bc the Lakers would never deal him to a West team.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 21 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #64

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 21 2007, 07:19 PM) *

False. Brown, Nocioni, and Sweetney give us all the flexibility in the world because of the sign and trade. And if the Bulls make a deal for Kobe before the draft, we only have to put out 15 million.

+Quote Post
b-riann
post Jun 21 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #65

Bench

Member No.: 892

if phoenix doesnt get KG, and LA says no to trading kobe, i wouldnt mind seein KG in a bull uniform next year, but the only problem is that minnesota said no to a trade to the bulls last year since we wouldnt give up deng. i dont think anything will change this year

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Jun 22 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #66

Bench

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 21 2007, 04:09 AM) *
Just about all of those were pretty obvious. I'm sure they could compile a list of 5 or more reasons why Kobe to the Bulls is as good as done.

I agree

Even if L.A. decides to move its franchise player, there is no guarantee it would find a fit with the Bulls. While Chicago could put together an attractive package of young players involving perhaps Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich, as well as the No. 9 pick

what a well written article

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 24 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #67

Superstar

Kobe Says "Get a Bulls jersey, fellas."

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 24 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #68

Bench

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24 2007, 11:23 PM) *

will he wear #24 or #8? headbang.gif

But seriously this thing has to be a 3-way deal unless Big Ben is involved and I don't think Pax would give up him. I think Boston will be the 3rd team involved to get it done and i believe it gets done on draft night if it gets done at all.

So when the Bulls are on the clock for the 9th pick, I expect David Stern to announce the trade.
"With the 9th pick of the draft, the Chicago Bulls have traded the rights to the pick to LA in a deal that would give them Kobe Bryant" Well it wouldn't be in those exact words, but you catch my drift.

Boston will get: Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas

LA will get: Bulls 9th pick and Paul Pierce, Nocioni

Chicago gets: Kobe Bryant

I have that feeling that something like this is going to happen on draft night. And i think all teams would make out from the deal.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 24 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #69

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 24 2007, 11:56 PM) *
will he wear #24 or #8? headbang.gif

But seriously this thing has to be a 3-way deal unless Big Ben is involved and I don't think Pax would give up him. I think Boston will be the 3rd team involved to get it done and i believe it gets done on draft night if it gets done at all.

So when the Bulls are on the clock for the 9th pick, I expect David Stern to announce the trade.
"With the 9th pick of the draft, the Chicago Bulls have traded the rights to the pick to LA in a deal that would give them Kobe Bryant" Well it wouldn't be in those exact words, but you catch my drift.

Boston will get: Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas

LA will get: Bulls 9th pick and Paul Pierce, Nocioni

Chicago gets: Kobe Bryant

I have that feeling that something like this is going to happen on draft night. And i think all teams would make out from the deal.

Boston gets the worst end of that deal. And for the 100th time, we can make a 2-team deal with LA and make it work financially. Nocioni, Brown, and Sweetney give us tons of flexibility with a sign and trade.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 24 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #70

Bench

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 12:00 AM) *
Boston gets the worst end of that deal. And for the 100th time, we can make a 2-team deal with LA and make it work financially. Nocioni, Brown, and Sweetney give us tons of flexibility with a sign and trade.

PJ Brown would probably retire before he went to a team like LA. And you can only give Sweetney so much money in a sign and trade. Nocioni can probably get 7-9mill/season which could help.

Noc- 7.5+ Gordon- ~4+ Thomas- 3.25 + 9th pick- 2.5 = 17.25 which would indeed work. Thats an aweful lot to give up, but when your getting a guy like Kobe its damn worth it!

A lineup of this is druel worthy:
Hinrich PG
Bryant SG
Deng SF
Brown PF (re-sign)
Wallace C

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 25 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #71

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

And I wish everyone would stop including Noc in deals... he can't be re-signed until July 15th, so that won't go down on draft day.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 25 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #72

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

And I wish everyone would stop including Noc in deals... he can't be re-signed until July 15th, so that won't go down on draft day.

true

it is going to be pretty hard to have a package that includes picks and sign and trades. The only way would be for us to draft a guy the lakers want, agreeing to a trade in principle.....and then moving him with noc/PJ in a sign and trade done after july 15th

that would be difficult to put together

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 25 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #73

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 25 2007, 11:02 AM) *

In the past they've announced deals with the caveat that it can't be processed until July 15th due to free agency concerns (pretty sure they did that with the Kidd/Marbury deal a while back). Obviously it's ESPN announcing it though, not an official NBA one...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:32 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home