> Official Ben Wallace Thread, All News About Big Ben and the Bulls
bschmaranz
post Jul 1 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/stories/index...7030.xml&coll=1

There's already rumors floating around Detroit sportstalk radio (read it on RealGM) that he's going to receive a 4 year, 60 million dollar offer from the Bulls.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 1 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Starter

Member No.: 118

15 mil a year?.... wow... IMO, thats just a little tiny too much... But i wouldnt be dissapointed if we got Big Ben. That would put our team up to a higher level.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post Jul 1 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #3

12th Man

Member No.: 117

4 year 60 million??!!! blink.gif

thats a lil bit too much.. but if thats the only way we can get him... then lets do it..

i only like the fact that the deal isnt too long... Ben Wallace will help out Chandler and TT do become better proffesionals and teach them tips on how to play better D. He will be their mentor.. which is priceless.... He'll be our veteran leader.

dude with Ben Wallace on our team... we have a chance to go to the Eastern Conference Finals...

We would have the potential to become the best Defensive team in the league... hopefully only allow less than 90 points..

We would compete for years to come till our core get in their prime.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jul 1 2006, 01:42 AM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

I want Ben Wallace so freaking bad, if Pax lands him I will forget about the draft and love him again.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Jul 1 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 24

Yes, a max contract for more defense on a team whos big men cant score low. One dimensional players freaking rule!!!!

Sweet!!!

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 1 2006, 08:02 AM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 65

4 years at $60 mil???

No freaking way.

I would welcome big ben here with open arms, but not at age 32 at $15 mil per year.

That means our PF and C combined would account for $25 million of the salary cap and about 15 pts per game. Awful.

I have to believe if Big Ben is coming to Chicago, Chandler is on his way out. This team can not win with the both of them on the floor. We would actually take a step back in the low post scoring dept.

Hmmmm....

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 1 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #7

6th Man

QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Jul 1 2006, 01:30 AM)
4 year 60 million??!!! blink.gif

thats a lil bit too much.. but if thats the only way we can get him... then lets do it..

i only like the fact that the deal isnt too long... Ben Wallace will help out Chandler and TT do become better proffesionals and teach them tips on how to play better D. He will be their mentor.. which is priceless.... He'll be our veteran leader.

dude with Ben Wallace on our team... we have a chance to go to the Eastern Conference Finals...

We would have the potential to become the best Defensive team in the league... hopefully only allow less than 90 points..

We would compete for years to come till our core get in their prime.

With the two of them on the team, we beat not give up over 85 points per game bc we arent scoring either.

I haved lived in Michigan for 2 years now bc of work and I have seen plenty of Big Ben. His offense is laughable, not as bad as chandlers though.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post Jul 1 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #8

12th Man

Member No.: 117

^^^we dont need offense when u only allow 85 points headbang.gif

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 1 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #9

6th Man

QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Jul 1 2006, 08:01 AM)
^^^we dont need offense when u only allow 85 points headbang.gif

unless you are scoring 82.... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 1 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #10

Starter

The way its looking now... IF we do get ben Wallace, it appears that we will be an outstanding defensive team... But wow we are still too short.

-Anyways, We prolbably will become a fast pace team. Good defense w/ quick players that can run the floor and finish in transition.... Is this a reason why we got Athletic players in this draft?

Wow, im kinda liking the plan... Get a block, a steal, a rebound, and just keep Running!

So is this how we are gonna get all our points?

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 1 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #11

Starter

PG- kirk/ Duhon
SG- Gordon/ Sefolosha
SF- Deng/ Thomas/ Noc
PF- M. Allen? Noc?/ Thomas?/Chandler?
C- Wallace/ Chandler

With this group, we will always have fresh players for playing defense, and running. And on the forth quarter, we will keep on grinding it out, and running, and come out on top biggrin.gif

My only question is... whos gonna be our starting PF? Im not sure if we would be able to sign another PF because Wallace would be taking a lot of the money w/ that gigantic contract blink.gif

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 1 2006, 08:52 AM
Post #12

6th Man

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 1 2006, 08:42 AM)
PG- kirk/ Duhon
SG- Gordon/ Sefolosha
SF- Deng/ Thomas/ Noc
PF- M. Allen? Noc?/ Thomas?/Chandler?
C- Wallace/ Chandler

With this group, we will always have fresh players for playing defense, and running. And on the forth quarter, we will keep on grinding it out, and running, and come out on top biggrin.gif

My only question is... whos gonna be our starting PF? Im not sure if we would be able to sign another PF because Wallace would be taking a lot of the money w/ that gigantic contract blink.gif

You have the Bulls best player listed as 3rd string SF...

There has to be a trade in the works...There's not enough mins to go around, especially with guys like Deng and T2 who need to develop...

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 1 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #13

Starter

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 1 2006, 08:45 AM)
You have the Bulls best player listed as 3rd string SF...

There has to be a trade in the works...There's not enough mins to go around, especially with guys like Deng and T2 who need to develop...

I was thinking the same thing.. I feel a trade coming up.. maybe not soon, but sometime in the future...

Also, I know that Noc is listed as the third string SF... But with this group, i think i see him playing more PF like he did late in this season. Noc with his quickness will be like our Shawn Marion of the Suns. He will almost always be faster than the rest of the PFs. That way we can run. I just wasnt sure if he should start at that position...

So is this gonna be a Phoenex/ Detroit team? Maybe we will set standards for the future biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 1 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #14

6th Man

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 1 2006, 08:54 AM)
I was thinking the same thing.. I feel a trade coming up.. maybe not soon, but sometime in the future...

Also, I know that Noc is listed as the third string SF... But with this group, i think i see him playing more PF like he did late in this season. Noc with his quickness will be like our Shawn Marion of the Suns. He will almost always be faster than the rest of the PFs. That way we can run. I just wasnt sure if he should start at that position...

So is this gonna be a Phoenex/ Detroit team? Maybe we will set standards for the future biggrin.gif

I'll take a phx/det hybrid...

Never thought of it like that...Now that I do...that's what they could be building...

Hinrich-Nash
Noch-Tougher Marion
T2-Mini Amare
Gordon-outside bomber
Thebo-defensive stopper/matchup nightmare
Big Ben-Muscle, swagger, leadership, defensive stopper-fast break transitions will start with him a lot!

Interesting...

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Jul 1 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #15

12th Man

Member No.: 76

That's alot of $$ for a guy that can't score. blink.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:09 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home