Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Say This Scenario Happens....
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 9 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #1

Guests

This is hypothetical, so plz dont flame me for any content u disagree with..

Ok say We draft Lamarcus Aldridge. We sign Al Harrington and Drew Gooden. We let go of Othella,Pargo,Piatkowski and Basden. We resign Kirk to an extension and resign Luke Schenscher!

With our 16th pick we draft Shawne Williams. IMO that would be a great draft because with Williams' versatility he can play positions 1-4 and in this position he would most likely play the 2!

Now, Aldridge quickly adapts to Skiles' scheme and wins Rookie of the year ended the season scoring 14.2 ppg and 8.4 rbpg. Williams ends the year at 8 ppg 3 rbpg and 1 blkpg. Luol Deng becomes an Allstar averaging exactly what my sig says 20ppg and 10 rbpg (Wich I think hes very capable of). Would this be your dream Scenario?

PG Hinrich 16ppg 8 astpg
SG Gordon 18ppg
SF Deng 20 ppg 10 rbpg
PF Harrington 15 ppg 5 rbpg
C Aldridge 14 ppg 8 rbpg

Discuss YOUR dream senario right here.. And remember, no flaming! bringit.gif wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 9 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

I don't see the point of signing Gooden AND Harrington but OK. My ideal scenario is Aldridge/Brewer, Nene, and Davis. Of course, Aldridge wins ROY. Bulls win championship. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 9 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 9 2006, 06:09 PM)
I don't see the point of signing Gooden AND Harrington but OK. My ideal scenario is Aldridge/Brewer, Nene, and Davis. Of course, Aldridge wins ROY. Bulls win championship. smile.gif

I just think Gooden would be a great off the bench player that will snare down defensive boards and block shots. I dont see much of a drop off from Harrington to Gooden, its just a matter of Gooden playing the bench wich is unlikely.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post May 9 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

I dont think we'll go after Gooden. I dont see him fitting in on this team. Other than that my only major disagreement is with Deng. He is going to be a great player, but as we saw in the playoffs, he is still very raw. I think that is too much to expect from him next year. look for deng to come off the bench and challenge for 6th man of the year award. Noch will start at sf. He is way ahead of Deng in every aspect of his game. Noch will be the leader of this team and make his first all star appearance. Look for Noch to put up his playoff numbers all season long..

Hinrich 14pts 8 asst
Gordon 17 pts
Noch 22 pts 10 reb
Harrington 19 pts 8.5 rb
Aldridge 13 pts 6 reb

Deng 18 pts 7rebs 4 asst
Chandler 4pts 7rebs 5.4 fouls per game

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 9 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 9 2006, 07:15 PM)
I dont think we'll go after Gooden. I dont see him fitting in on this team. Other than that my only major disagreement is with Deng. He is going to be a great player, but as we saw in the playoffs, he is still very raw. I think that is too much to expect from him next year. look for deng to come off the bench and challenge for 6th man of the year award. Noch will start at sf. He is way ahead of Deng in every aspect of his game. Noch will be the leader of this team and make his first all star appearance. Look for Noch to put up his playoff numbers all season long..

Hinrich 14pts 8 asst
Gordon 17 pts
Noch 22 pts 10 reb
Harrington 19 pts 8.5 rb
Aldridge 13 pts 6 reb

Deng 18 pts 7rebs 4 asst
Chandler 4pts 7rebs 5.4 fouls per game

no way, im srry but I disagree. You must remember Deng is 20 YEARS OLD and it was his first playoff game. Watching him this year was honestly like watching the whole team last year, except you just expect Deng to keep the pace up with the rest of them.

He will play much better next year in the playoffs because he will have that much needed experience. I see Chandler getting worse and worst next year rather than better and better. This will be the stories over the summer.

Chandler will gain 10 pounds of muscle mid way through the offseason. He will then quit lifting and lose most of that muscle beginning of the season. He will work on his free throws but not his footwork/hand eye coordination and it will be the same thing as this year exept he may get 1 or 2 more attempts at the free throw line and will come off the bench because Aldridge will take his spot at Center.

Next year Tyson Chandler best case senario stats... 10ppg 12 rbpg ( pray.gif )
Worst case 6 ppg 7 rbpg 1 blkpg ( mecry.gif )

Aldridge will IMO become a NBA Starlevel Player..

Aldridge Rookie Season statistics:
Year 1.. 14.2 ppg 8.4 rbpg 1 blkpg (Rookie Of The Year)
Year 2.. 16.4 ppg 9.0 rbpg .9 blkpg
Year 3.. 20 ppg 10.2 rbpg 1.3 blkpg *Allstar Appearance*
Year 4. 22 ppg 10.6 rbpg 1.4 blkpg *Allstar Appearance*
Year 5 21 ppg 10.4 rbpg 1.2 blkpg

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 9 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #6

Starter

Member No.: 118

I see Deng averaging about 15-16 points.... And about 6rbs next year. And he wont make the All-Star game. Maybe in about 4 years or something.... Im just being realistic... Of course it would be awesome if he did Average 20 points and 10 rebounds tho. cool.gif

Noc will average about 14-16 points and about 6-7 rbs next year. And if he did average what he did in the playoffs, that would be great. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Alpha Double Neg...
post May 10 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #7

NBDL

Member No.: 135

No way I can think of any dream scenario that would have Al Harrington in a Bulls uniform.

Anyways, Aldridge will be pretty decent I think. 20/10 in his third year is probably stretching it a lot. I think he's a tad overrated, though still the best selection as far as big men go.

I see our team next year as something like

Hinrich 16 ppg 7 apg
Gordon 19 ppg
Deng 15 ppg 6.5 rpg Noch 14 ppg 7 rpg(in less minutes than Deng)
Chandler 7ppg 10rpg 1.5bpg
Aldridge 9-11ppg 5-6 rpg

A well balanced line up, but still no one sticking out in particular. I still think having big men is a more glaring weakness than a tall two guard, so I hope we can trade up to get another decent big man in the draft. I'm not horribly sold on Aldridge, but know too little about Splitter or Bargiani. That being said, I have full confidence in Pax to make the right moves no matter what they may be. Right now, I think Aldridge is a pretty likely scenario. If not, all is not lost.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 10 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #8

Starter

QUOTE (Alpha Double Negative @ May 10 2006, 12:57 AM)
No way I can think of any dream scenario that would have Al Harrington in a Bulls uniform.

Anyways, Aldridge will be pretty decent I think. 20/10 in his third year is probably stretching it a lot. I think he's a tad overrated, though still the best selection as far as big men go.

I see our team next year as something like

Hinrich 16 ppg 7 apg
Gordon 19 ppg
Deng 15 ppg 6.5 rpg Noch 14 ppg 7 rpg(in less minutes than Deng)
Chandler 7ppg 10rpg 1.5bpg
Aldridge 9-11ppg 5-6 rpg

A well balanced line up, but still no one sticking out in particular. I still think having big men is a more glaring weakness than a tall two guard, so I hope we can trade up to get another decent big man in the draft. I'm not horribly sold on Aldridge, but know too little about Splitter or Bargiani. That being said, I have full confidence in Pax to make the right moves no matter what they may be. Right now, I think Aldridge is a pretty likely scenario. If not, all is not lost.

Welcome bullssmilie1.jpg

I can tell you know a lot about basketball, and a lot about the bulls, because i pretty much agree w/ everything you said biggrin.gif And i really hope Pax does everything he can, to get Alridge.... I wouldnt be dissapointed if we got Bargs tho.

Yeah it would be awesome if Alridge averaged 20/10 his 3rd year, but i also think thats stetching it... IMO Im still thinking this is gonna be more of a perimeter kinda team for a little while more... I see Luol(especially him), Ben, and Noc still getting better, and will still be used the most. I think these players are all gonna be something special....and this year, they found out that they have to drive in, in order to get calls.... and when things arent going right, just keep driving in. In the beginning of the year, they werent really doing that, and we were losing a lot...(went 10 games under .500) I personally see Alridge averaging 20pts, or something close to that, in his 5-6 season.....

In Alridge's 3rd year, i see him averaging about 14-17 points... I say about high 15pts hopefully.... and about 7-9 boards.... I think With Chandler and Noc and Luol out there, its gonna be hard for any bulls player to average high rebounds.... cuz they are all good at it...

That being said, it would be awesome if Alridge did average 20 points his 3rd season... I mean he does seem like a kinda guy that might be able to do that in the future... but not that soon...
Please prove me wrong Alridge!! bringit.gif

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 10 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #9

Starter

And please no Al Harrington! biggrin.gif he's not the guy for our future... we wont win a Championship w/ him playing PF.... He's a SF/PF that just creates mismatches... we already have Noc for that! cool.gif

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 10 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #10

All-Star

Member No.: 43

A couple of things...

Going back to the original post, Shawne Williams is strictly a small forward. He's a lot like Deng, only more athletic and with a weaker jumpshot. Not exactly a great fit.

There is no way Loul Deng averages 20 and 10 next season. He still needs quite a bit of work, and he relies on the jumper more than most elite scorers. It's even less likely because he doesn't shoot many threes or hit a high percentage of them. Something more like 16 points and 6 or 7 rebounds is more realistic, and even then the points might be a little optomistic. Also, Noc is good, but not that good. He's probably not going to average more than 16 points or 8 boards per game in the NBA. He averaged 13 and 6 this year, so even that would be a decent jump.

Neither of these guys go to the free throw line enough to be an elite scorer. Only 6 of the 27 qualifying players that averaged more than 19 points per game shot fewer than 4.5 free throws per game, and none averaged less than 4. Deng and Nocioni attempted 3.5 and 3 respectively. That's a lot of potential points that they aren't generating. They'd also need to drastically increase the number of shots that they take. Deng averaged 12.2 attempts per game, Nocioni averaged 10.1. The lowest total for anyone that averaged 19 points per game or more was 14.1. Skiles isn't too likely to put up with those two taking that many shots. Neither of them is going to be a star next year, and I'd say Nocioni doesn't really have the potential to reach that level in the future.

Harrington is an okay addition, but he's not a long term answer. He's really a small forward playing out of position, kind of like Nocioni. He also didn't put up the greatest numbers on a weak Atlanta team. I'd say that if we signed him, 17 points and 7 boards is the most that we could expect, and he might struggle to reach that point total because of the Bulls' shot distribution (I doubt he gets 16 attempts per game here).

LaMarcus Aldridge is also not too likely to average 14 a game as a rookie. I'd say 12 is his ceiling, with somewhere in the 8-10 range being the most realistic. However, I'd say he DOES have the potential to average 20 and 10 (or somewhat close to that) in his 3rd year. He's an extremely talented player that will be very tough to handle with some work in the weight room. His ceiling is very similar to that of guys like Chris Bosh (probably the most similar to him), Dwight Howard, and Amare Stoudemire.

As long as we get Aldridge in the draft, that's about all I really need for my dream scenario. I'd also like to see us hold on to our cap space since there aren't really any major impact players on the market, but I won't complain too much if we sign Harrington.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 10 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #11

Starter

My Dream Scenario...

Bulls pick up LaMarcus Alridge and Sheldon Williams... I dont care how we get em..... just GET THEM!.....if we have to trade Sweets, this years picks, Future second round picks, or even the rights to switch picks w/ New York... (can we trade this?) Get em both!

-I see Sheldon being a nice role player for us in the future... and how many potential superstars do we need??! We are gonna need role players in the future...

-I say we pick up Deshawn Stevenson... he's a nice defensive player that wont need to get paid much, and wont steal a lot of playing time from our main core... he's a pretty desent slasher because he doesnt have the best jump shot... a slasher and a tall defensive minded guy is welcomed here in Chi-Town.

-We sign Nene, OR Pryzbilla for only 2 years... I dont care if we have to over pay them for just those 2 years...

I smell Block parties coming up if we get Sheldon(averaged almost 4 blks his senior year), Alridge(averaged 2blks), Chandler(everyone knows he's not that bad), and Pryzbilla(has had games when he gets nearly double digit #'s)

Well, i like Nene a little it more because he's faster, and better lateral movement to rotate, and defend pick and rolls....Anyways, i think the Bulls need some tall beef down low and either one of these guys could fit in.... later on we can decide if we should keep em... or go a different direction...

-My last move is to sign Antoio Davis for one year... i dont think he should cost that much... And im not expecting him to play much anyways... just there for the locker room and veteran leadership... teach the young guys how to be proffesional... and veteran leadership to Chandler to keep his head in the game...And one more thing... keep Malik Allen...

I think these moves could be possible... and would help out right now, and for the Future...

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 10 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I'd avoid Williams. He's an undersized PF with no offensive skills whatsoever, and he's a rather ordinary athlete. He'd basically be a more defensive oriented version of Sweetney, although he's not too likely to be a major shot-blocker because of his limited size, wing span, and athleticism.

DeShawn Stevenson isn't really even a decent defender, his only asset is scoring. He doesn't solve our problem.

Pryzbilla would be a collosal waste of money, and there's no way he'd take a two year deal. Someone is going to be dumb enough to give him Tyson Chandler like money. The only problem is he isn't as athletic as Tyson.

Hilario has a lot of Eddy Curry in him. He's an offensive-minded big guy that is weak rebounder and below average defender. Plus, he's going to cost us a ton of money and is coming off a serious knee injury.

Throwing a lot of money at two mediocre post players doesn't help the situation.

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post May 10 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 10 2006, 12:33 PM)
A couple of things...

Going back to the original post, Shawne Williams is strictly a small forward. He's a lot like Deng, only more athletic and with a weaker jumpshot. Not exactly a great fit.

There is no way Loul Deng averages 20 and 10 next season. He still needs quite a bit of work, and he relies on the jumper more than most elite scorers. It's even less likely because he doesn't shoot many threes or hit a high percentage of them. Something more like 16 points and 6 or 7 rebounds is more realistic, and even then the points might be a little optomistic. Also, Noc is good, but not that good. He's probably not going to average more than 16 points or 8 boards per game in the NBA. He averaged 13 and 6 this year, so even that would be a decent jump.

Neither of these guys go to the free throw line enough to be an elite scorer. Only 6 of the 27 qualifying players that averaged more than 19 points per game shot fewer than 4.5 free throws per game, and none averaged less than 4. Deng and Nocioni attempted 3.5 and 3 respectively. That's a lot of potential points that they aren't generating. They'd also need to drastically increase the number of shots that they take. Deng averaged 12.2 attempts per game, Nocioni averaged 10.1. The lowest total for anyone that averaged 19 points per game or more was 14.1. Skiles isn't too likely to put up with those two taking that many shots. Neither of them is going to be a star next year, and I'd say Nocioni doesn't really have the potential to reach that level in the future.

Harrington is an okay addition, but he's not a long term answer. He's really a small forward playing out of position, kind of like Nocioni. He also didn't put up the greatest numbers on a weak Atlanta team. I'd say that if we signed him, 17 points and 7 boards is the most that we could expect, and he might struggle to reach that point total because of the Bulls' shot distribution (I doubt he gets 16 attempts per game here).

LaMarcus Aldridge is also not too likely to average 14 a game as a rookie. I'd say 12 is his ceiling, with somewhere in the 8-10 range being the most realistic. However, I'd say he DOES have the potential to average 20 and 10 (or somewhat close to that) in his 3rd year. He's an extremely talented player that will be very tough to handle with some work in the weight room. His ceiling is very similar to that of guys like Chris Bosh (probably the most similar to him), Dwight Howard, and Amare Stoudemire.

As long as we get Aldridge in the draft, that's about all I really need for my dream scenario. I'd also like to see us hold on to our cap space since there aren't really any major impact players on the market, but I won't complain too much if we sign Harrington.

Actually Shawne Williams is both a SG and SF Draft.net Link

Plus thats the position he played at whenever Carney came out. He would make the most since IMO because he is very Athletic and Is an above avg Rebounder/Scorer. Would make a fine addition to our team. Im not sold at all on Brewer and especially hate Sheldin Williams. Hes undersized and that is what THIS team lacks, it would make zero since.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 10 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 10 2006, 12:33 PM)
A couple of things...

Dude wtf, my predictions are fine, I hate it when everybody nit picks on every little thing I say. If I said he would avg 8.1 rbpg you would probably think more like 8.3 huh.gif . Like I said, my predictions arent optimistic im just being realistic because Aldridge is very capable of scoring 12-14 points per game as a rookie. Remember that we are a penetrate and kick style offense, so Aldridge will get a lot of easy shots under the basket because of the help defense when Hinrich,Deng,Noc Etc.. Drive to the hoop.

If Luol Deng adds 15-20 pounds of muscle this offseason he could easily avg 10 rebounds per game, the only thing I worry about is his ppg because he isnt as agressive on offense as Id like him to be. Lu wasnt able to lift last season as you all know cuz of his wrist. Look for him to step up big next year (hopefully).

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 10 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #15

Starter

Im sry to brake it to you... but Deng plays small foward.... not PF or C.... That means he hangs around the perimeter a lot... That means it doesnt matter how strong he gets... he wont average 10 boards... more like 6... And Chandler and Noc are good at rebounding too... and we'll probably get some other big men... and that means its gonna be hard for any bulls player to average high on rebounds... But overall, the Bulls should be a good rebounding team next year... and thats very very very very important. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:50 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home