Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you make Bulls a Title contender next year?, KG + Pierce
Michael Jordan
post Mar 14 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #1

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

I posted this in another thread but I think it deserves special attention. Its not tottaly impossible, but maybe we could ship Ben Gordon to Celtics for Paul Pierce. Then, we can trade our 2 picks this year + Sweets for Kevin Garnett.

Then our Lineup would look like this:

Tyson Chandler
Kevin Garnett
Luol Deng
Paul Pierce
Kirk Hinrich

I think this lineup would at least get us to the Conference Finals, what do you guys think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Mar 14 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

2 picks+Sweets for KG doesn't work

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post Mar 14 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Mar 14 2006, 09:35 PM)
I posted this in another thread but I think it deserves special attention. Its not tottaly impossible, but maybe we could ship Ben Gordon to Celtics for Paul Pierce. Then, we can trade our 2 picks this year + Sweets for Kevin Garnett.

Tyson Chandler
Kevin Garnett
Luol Deng
Paul Pierce
Kirk Hinrich

I think this lineup would at least get us to the Conference Finals, what do you guys think?

Well, salaries gotta match up in both deals, and Tim Thomas is gone, but I like the way you think. biggrin.gif

Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce combined with Chandler/Hinrich/Deng/Nocioni/Duhon and a competent perimiter defender would undoubtedly turn us into a championship contender.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 14 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Um, the Bulls would have to give up a lot more. To make it work, it'd probably have to be something like Deng, Chandler, a pick or two, and some more people just for salary filler.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 14 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Mar 14 2006, 07:35 PM)

Tyson Chandler
Kevin Garnett
Luol Deng
Paul Pierce
Kirk Hinrich

The Bulls would have to include equal matching salaries in one of those deals (due to the salary cap). Gordon couldn't be the lone part to getting Pierce, Boston would want more. And in terms of KG, its a definate possibility, but along with draft picks and Sweet's you'd have to give up Tyson (for contractual purposes) and at the very least Noc or Duhon.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 14 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 14 2006, 07:51 PM)
Well, salaries gotta match up in both deals, and Tim Thomas is gone, but I like the way you think. biggrin.gif

Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce combined with Chandler/Hinrich/Deng/Nocioni/Duhon and a competent perimiter defender would undoubtedly turn us into a championship contender.

Exactly, while we may not be able to get those players, there are going to be at least a few 2 guards out there. I think Pierce is the best bet, but even signing a guy like Peja while drafting Aldridge or potentially dealing picks and a little talent for KG, would be equally as valuable. However, its still unrealistic.

I think the most realistic scenario would have the Bulls trading for a big or SF or signing one, while adding the other position view the draft (and at the same time signing a guy to the MLE).

+Quote Post
mac9001
post Mar 14 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #7

NBDL

Member No.: 53

Realistically speaking it's doubtful the Bulls have the resources to acquire one of KG/Pierce, much less both. The Bulls lack a significant trade chip (maybe Luol Deng, maybe) and the draft is weak on all-star caliber potential. About the best you can hope for is Bosh demands a trade and Toronto is willing to take draft picks + fillers.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 14 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (mac9001 @ Mar 14 2006, 09:24 PM)
Realistically speaking it's doubtful the Bulls have the resources to acquire one of KG/Pierce, much less both. The Bulls lack a significant trade chip (maybe Luol Deng, maybe) and the draft is weak on all-star caliber potential. About the best you can hope for is Bosh demands a trade and Toronto is willing to take draft picks + fillers.

Welcome aboard. Bosh would be an interesting fit. He's one of the better young PF's in the game and he's pretty much led Rapotrs ownership know he'll be gone (pretty much anyone leaves there anyway). I know the Lakers are positioning themselves to get Bosh. They want him badly (however they are more likely going to wait till he's a FA cause the Lakers will have caproom in a year).

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 15 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #9

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Coangelo is the GM in Toronto, now. The only way he will give up bosh is if he fleeces the team he trades with, and Paxson is to smart for that.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Mar 15 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 14

I would settle for:

Chandler
Aldridge
Deng
Pierce
Hinrich

Trade the Bulls pick and Gordon + a salary filler for Pierce. Keep the Knicks pick and draft Aldridge. KG and Pierce would be very expensive.

+Quote Post
maggsmaggs
post Mar 15 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #11

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 19

Draft Collins/Aldridge. Sign Harrington.

Chandler
Harrington
Deng
Gordon
Hinrich

Collins
Duhon
Aldridge
Noc
Songaila
Sweetney
FA

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 15 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14 2006, 08:48 PM)
The Bulls would have to include equal matching salaries in one of those deals (due to the salary cap). Gordon couldn't be the lone part to getting Pierce, Boston would want more. And in terms of KG, its a definate possibility, but along with draft picks and Sweet's you'd have to give up Tyson (for contractual purposes) and at the very least Noc or Duhon.

If the Bulls are under the cap this summer due to Thomas's expiring deal, isn't it possible for the Bulls to take on extra salary in a trade & make a deal without equal contracts?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 15 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Unless one of the two deals puts them over the cap before the second deal is completed. For example, Garnetts salary would put the Bulls over the cap, and then they would have to be within the cap constraints to do another deal.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 15 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15 2006, 09:37 AM)
Unless one of the two deals puts them over the cap before the second deal is completed. For example, Garnetts salary would put the Bulls over the cap, and then they would have to be within the cap constraints to do another deal.

So in other words we could take Garnett with ease, right? I'll take that one.

+Quote Post
mac9001
post Mar 15 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #15

NBDL

Member No.: 53

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Mar 15 2006, 01:48 AM)
Trade the Bulls pick and Gordon + a salary filler for Pierce.  Keep the Knicks pick and draft Aldridge.  KG and Pierce would be very expensive.

If you think Boston will accpet "Bulls pick and Gordon + a salary filler for Pierce", you're mistaken. The last conversation i had with a Celtic fan he proposed: Hinrich, Deng + the two bulls drak picks for Pierce and Al Jefferson, then a few days later he changed his mind and said it's still no enough. The Celtics and their fans view Pierce as a top-5 player and would have to be blown away by an offer to trade him.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 11:05 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home