> Mike Conley, NBADraft.net has him at 11
rangercal
post Jun 5 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

How the hell do they have him dropping?

Suppose they are spot on , should the Bulls Nab him?

I would be in heaven if the bulls had a TRUE pg.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 5 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

AJ, I too would adore Conley...

if he drops to us, we take him, we laugh, and we deal Kirk. However, he won't get to #9...

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 5 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 21

I would bet if Conley starts to fall that far, the Bulls pull off a trade of the #9 pick and a player to get a big man. Call it a hunch.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 5 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

We're not going to take Conley, not with Kirk and Thabo around for the long haul and Duhon there for the short term. That wouldn't be too bright to deal a decent veteran and replace him with a 19-year old at one of the toughest positions to adjust. IF Conley were there, you could just about guarantee we'd trade him to someone desperate for a PG in order to get a decent big man.

However, there is basically no way that happens, there's AT LEAST a 50/50 chance he goes #3 to Atlanta (though apparently recent buzz has them taking Brandon Wright). There are just too many teams that need a PG for him to fall to us. Atlanta, Memphis, Minnesota, and possibly Milwaukee with Williams close to hitting free agency or Boston with their future a bit in question all could use one.

I would pretty much ignore NBADraft.net until closer to the draft, they come up with some pretty goofy stuff. Plus they change it so often basically no matter what happens they can claim they're brilliant...

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 5 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #5

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 5 2007, 01:19 PM) *
We're not going to take Conley, not with Kirk and Thabo around for the long haul and Duhon there for the short term. That wouldn't be too bright to deal a decent veteran and replace him with a 19-year old at one of the toughest positions to adjust. IF Conley were there, you could just about guarantee we'd trade him to someone desperate for a PG in order to get a decent big man.

However, there is basically no way that happens, there's AT LEAST a 50/50 chance he goes #3 to Atlanta (though apparently recent buzz has them taking Brandon Wright). There are just too many teams that need a PG for him to fall to us. Atlanta, Memphis, Minnesota, and possibly Milwaukee with Williams close to hitting free agency or Boston with their future a bit in question all could use one.

I would pretty much ignore NBADraft.net until closer to the draft, they come up with some pretty goofy stuff. Plus they change it so often basically no matter what happens they can claim they're brilliant...

I doubt Memphis would take him. They drafted Kyle Lowry in the 1st last year, and were supposedly very high on him until he broke his wrist and missed the last 72 games. In the 1st 10 games of the season, he averaged 17 minutes per game, along with 6 pts, 3 ast, 1.5 stl, was 25-28 at the line, and the Griz in general were just pleased with his overall play. Thought he looked mature and understanding (not scared) on the court. It's a very small sample, but he was a little bright spot in a terrible beginning to their season.

But anyway, you're right that those other teams could (should) pick him, and I highly doubt he'd make it to #9.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 5 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 5 2007, 01:43 PM) *
I doubt Memphis would take him. They drafted Kyle Lowry in the 1st last year, and were supposedly very high on him until he broke his wrist and missed the last 72 games. In the 1st 10 games of the season, he averaged 17 minutes per game, along with 6 pts, 3 ast, 1.5 stl, was 25-28 at the line, and the Griz in general were just pleased with his overall play. Thought he looked mature and understanding (not scared) on the court. It's a very small sample, but he was a little bright spot in a terrible beginning to their season.

But anyway, you're right that those other teams could (should) pick him, and I highly doubt he'd make it to #9.

I was reading that they soured on him considerably and still aren't totally sold on him at the point (pretty sure it was an insider article, can't seem to find it right now though). He was also a pretty late pick, it's not exactly the same. They'll probably go for whichever is there of Brandan Wright and Al Horford, though PG still seems like a possibility since they don't exactly have Steve Nash at the point.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 5 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 5 2007, 02:02 PM) *
I was reading that they soured on him considerably and still aren't totally sold on him at the point (pretty sure it was an insider article, can't seem to find it right now though). He was also a pretty late pick, it's not exactly the same. They'll probably go for whichever is there of Brandan Wright and Al Horford, though PG still seems like a possibility since they don't exactly have Steve Nash at the point.

That's very possible. I know people around Memphis were loving him early in the season and were highly disappointed when he was injured. However, haven't heard much since then, so maybe he didn't rehab hard enough or something to make the Griz management unhappy.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 5 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Does Atlanta have anything we want? Because if Conley Drops, I could seriously see them wanting to jump up from spot 11 in order to grab him without having to use the #3 pick on him.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 5 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Pachullia would be a nice fit here, especially if the Bulls could move down two spots and still get a guy like Hawes at #11.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Jun 5 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #10

Bench

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 5 2007, 05:01 PM) *
AJ, I too would adore Conley...

if he drops to us, we take him, we laugh, and we deal Kirk. However, he won't get to #9...

Let's Dream!

Draft Conley!
Trade Kirk and Tyrus to you guessed it.... Memphis for Pau Gasol. If they want more, give them all our 2nd rd picks and fiture 1sts. Who cares! Get Gasol!

Gasol
Wallace
Deng
Conley
Gordon

wub.gif

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jun 5 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 5 2007, 05:39 PM) *
Let's Dream!
Draft Conley!
Trade Kirk and Tyrus to you guessed it.... Memphis for Pau Gasol. If they want more, give them all our 2nd rd picks and fiture 1sts. Who cares! Get Gasol!
Gasol
Wallace
Deng
Conley
Gordon

wub.gif

Which one of Conley or Gordon are going to guard the other team's SG? Conley cant shoot worth a damn too, he would be a Duhon clone his first year here.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Jun 5 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #12

Bench

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 6 2007, 12:33 AM) *
Which one of Conley or Gordon are going to guard the other team's SG? Conley cant shoot worth a damn too, he would be a Duhon clone his first year here.

fine. Trade Gordon Too!

a lineup with

Gasol
Wallace
Deng
Conley
Thabo

is fine with me. and who knows what we could real in for Gordon. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 5 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 5 2007, 10:09 PM) *
fine. Trade Gordon Too!
a lineup with

Gasol
Wallace
Deng
Conley
Thabo
is fine with me. and who knows what we could real in for Gordon. biggrin.gif

We are really getting ridiculous with the Conley love. If we drafted him, it would only make our small guard problem worse, and it would only keep the low-post hole open. We're all about taking steps backwards aren't we?

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 5 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #14

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 6 2007, 12:15 AM) *
We are really getting ridiculous with the Conley love. If we drafted him, it would only make our small guard problem worse, and it would only keep the low-post hole open. We're all about taking steps backwards aren't we?

I guess you're all about taking steps backward as well. Is that why you want to keep Kirk and draft Hawes.

Conley is no Deron Williams b/c of his size but he'll be a better PG than Kirk. We need to get a bigger SG if we get him. How about Kobe? I hate Kobe but a Kobe/Conley backcourt would be better than Gordon/Hinrich.

Could we get Kobe/Bynum for Gordon/Hinrich/Nocioni/Victor Khryapa & 2 future 1st round picks plus a couple 2nd round picks? We then use our #9 pick on Conley. We re-sign PJ for another year, add a free agent Steve Kerr type player and we are set to go. When needed we could use a Sefolosha/Kobe backcourt for defensive purposes. When we want to play uptempo we could use a Wallace/Tyrus/Deng/Kobe/Conley lineup.

We have

Bynum/Wallace
Wallace/Tyrus/PJ
Deng/Tyrus
Kobe/Sefolosha
Conley/Duhon/Sefolosha

Believe me, I wouldn't even mention bringing Kobe to town if I didn't think it would make our team better. I hate/dispise Kobe and I can't even believe I brought this trade scenario up.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 6 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 12

You want 2 19 year olds on a team that is close to taking over the Eastern Conference? What warrants this huge overhaul you're seeking?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:17 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home