Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rose has date in Kane County court
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 1 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

Derrick Rose, the No. 1 draft choice of the Chicago Bulls and the NBA, will step into a Kane County court to face charges of driving more than 100 m.p.h. on the Reagan Tollway, his attorney said Tuesday.

Rose, 19, who lives in Chicago's West Englewood community, was driving a 2008 Land Rover on April 29 when he was stopped at 2:58 a.m. about a mile west of Illinois Highway 47 for allegedly going 106 m.p.h. in a 65-m.p.h. zone, according to Kane County court records. He is scheduled to appear in court July 11.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...,0,229117.story
i dont think its that big of a deal, if he were asked about it im sure he would say it was a big mistake. im surprised it didnt come out before the draft though, not that it would have changed anything because the bulls probably already knew.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 2 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #2

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

Eh, like you said, it's not that big of a deal. I mean, you never want to see your guys getting in trouble with the law. But, this happened over 2 months ago and while it was dumb as hell to be driving that fast, he's certainly not the 1st person to do that. It's a hell of a lot better than him getting in trouble for a DUI or something of that nature.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 2 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Lance Briggs says "Great work kid, you've earned a contract extension"

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 2 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

People shouldn't make a big deal outta this. I mean, who hasn't driven over the speed limit before? He wasn't Drunk, he wasn't smoking weed, he wasn't stealing anything, no big deal!

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Its not that big of a deal, but its obviously dangerous going 106MPH at that time of hour (let alone any hour). Its dark out and you can't possibly have the road vision to be able to react or brake in time if there is something out there (considering its dark out).

Hopefully this isn't a typical thing and given he has 0 tickets I wouldn't think it is.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 2 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Its not that big of a deal, but its obviously dangerous going 106MPH at that time of hour (let alone any hour). Its dark out and you can't possibly have the road vision to be able to react or brake in time if there is something out there (considering its dark out).

Hopefully this isn't a typical thing and given he has 0 tickets I wouldn't think it is.

He might not have the road vision, but I wont complain if he has the court vision.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:02 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home