Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor: Chandler to the Hornets
bschmaranz
post Jul 2 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #16

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

If it allows us to have the space to keep the core together after next season, I'm all for it. Chandler is a waste of money imo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 2 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #17

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

we need chandler he is a big part of our deffensive game there is no need for pj, hes old, and jr smith is just another sg or sf, there is no point of this trade

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 2 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 2 2006, 10:23 AM)
we need chandler he is a big part of our deffensive game there is no need for pj, hes old, and jr smith is just another sg or sf, there is no point of this trade

I agree

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 2 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #19

Guests

Do people forget that he is factually the most skilled and productive rebounder in the NBA?

Do people forget that he is known to make dramatic, game saving incredible blocks on "closers" like Paul Pierce?

Do people forget that he is 23 years old? (younder than Kirk, for example)

Do people forget that about half of all good big men take years in the NBA to reach their potential?

Do people forget that there are only a couple guys in the whole league that can guard the basket better than Tyson?

Do people forget that as a pencil thin 20 year old he was having 20+ pt and 20+ rebound games, against guys like Shaq in his prime?

Do people forget that Ben Wallace rebounds less frequently than Tyson but is almost a decade older and will cost twice as much, but unlike Tyson is certain to never have an offensive game?

Do people forget that Joel Przybilla is, indeed, Joel Przbilla (I actually liek him as a Chandler backup but come on he is certainly no better than Tyson)?

Do people forget that Tyson is the only real player on this team over 6'9"?

Do people remember that without Tyson playing well (as he played down the stretch this year), we are a well below .500 team?

I mean come on people, he is a limited player and makes physical mistakes but he is excellent on rebounding and altering shots, just excellent, and those qualities are very rare and we will not get a better one than him without giving uo the core. I'm not his biggest fan but it doesn't make any sense to let him go when he has proven to be integral to our success. Don't tell me you want to get rid of his salary. Why? Anyone on this board who thinks we won't pay Deng, Ben, Kirk, Noc etc because we're paying Tyson does not know this organization very well. That is the only reason to get rid of Tyson, and it's null.

Great post by a guy on another Bulls MB, Thats why I want to keep Tyson biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post Jul 2 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #20

12th Man

Member No.: 117

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 2 2006, 10:23 AM)

exactly.. i dont find this trade to be very good..

PJ is up there in age.. hes becoming kinda slow... and JR Smith.. why do we want another SG? we are already full at SF so he wont play that..

why dont we keep chandler? Hes developing as our core is too.. it would be better if they all get close to their prime at the same time... once our core gets pretty good and are close to their prime, PJ will be too slow, probably not even in the NBA..

And we would all say... why did we trade Chandler for nothing? we would probably have our other part of the core... but what about a big guy? whos that going to be? If we did sign BWall he would be up there in age...

guys Chandler still has a ton of potential.. if this guy can get up to 260 in 2 years, he would be a force puching people around.. the guy still has potential.. Hes not dumb... he wants to stay in this Bulls team.. he knows he has a huge contract to live up too... thats why he practicing his butt of right now... or else he knows what will happen to him... He would hear the boos.. and eventually get traded...

The guy has showed flashes to be a pretty good player.. he just needs to get consistent... and hopefully the refs will give him the veteran calls one day...

I say we keep chandler!!! yeahh!!!!! He didnt have the best season.. so what? are we ready to give up on this guy yet? Hes only 23 years old.. scheesh...

Hes a pretty good darn rebounder.. he wasnt ranked 1st in tbe NBA for minutes for nothing...

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jul 2 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #21

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2 2006, 05:21 AM)
Thats not the issue, but it could give us enough money to make a nice push at someone once again next year cause after that we'll be entirely capped out for a long time (especially if all goes well).

Trading Tyson for PJ Brown provides much more financial flexability for a few years to come.

Whether it directly leads to cap room doesn't matter. Not having a huge contract already on the team could make JR more willing to give Ben, Kirk, Luol, and Noc whatever they need.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 2 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #22

Starter

Member No.: 118

I just really hope that Chandler starts getting veteran calls one day... kinda like the Pistons, and Spurs do... I think that maybe once we become a very good team, then refs will look at our team as a team that should beat the "Blanck" team, and we will be getting those calls... Cuz Wow Chandler gets treated like a rookie out there soo many times... And Same with Kirk Hinrich... I cant stand that sometimes... jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 2 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #23

Guests

plz dont trade chandler pax, I will be very furious because he can still be that "Star" That we foresaw when we drafted him. HES ONLY 23 YEARS OLD!

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 2 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #24

Bench

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 11:37 AM)
plz dont trade chandler pax, I will be very furious because he can still be that "Star" That we foresaw when we drafted him. HES ONLY 23 YEARS OLD!

im so sick of only 23. First it was only 21 than it was only 22 now its only 23.... soon it will be only 25 than still only 28.......

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jul 2 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #25

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jul 2 2006, 01:42 AM)
This trade doesnt make any sense, another SG/SF and an OLD PF, while taking away a very good young defender and depth from the weakest spot in our rotation.  Getting PJ takes away 5 points and boards a game from our post, why would we even consider this deal?  Yes Smith has superstar athletic ability, but why would we ever want to make our frontcourt any weaker.  Hey but It's such a financial strain to keep Tyson with our 16 million in cap space, but lets invest 16 million in the same type of one dimensional "but proven" player.

the old one will help out with ty thomas and maybe that is what chandler needs is a older player ot help him out and becaome a basketball player that he should be. they are also thinking that there is another trade in the works with another one of our SG perhaps gordon or hinrich .

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #26

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 2 2006, 08:23 AM)

I'm guessing this is one of those deals that gets made once a FA signing happens. If it doesn't happen it doesn't go down.

Thats my guess, but I do think Pyrzbilla or Nene could be similar players for a lot less money than we pay Chandler so regardless I'm not against this trade. I do wonder if another team may be interested in Smith.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #27

All-Star

The same Charlotte source has indicated the deal may not be as much of a lock anymore.

I expected the Bulls deal to be finalized this weekend. I'm not sure if it will happen as scheduled or not. From what I'm hearing, another team has entered the pursuit of Chandler. I think the asking price may have gone up. Like I've said in the past, until it's done, you can't call it a slam dunk.

It sounds like there are some definate legs to this, but my guess is Pax wants to explore every angle and get as much as possible in return for Chandler, who I can pretty much guarantee will be moved at some point this year.

We can get similar production for half the price out of a guy like Pyrzbilla or someone like Nene (or get way more production at a similar price out of Big Ben).

I'm curious to know who the 3rd team is. Is Golden State still talking, do the Knicks want him, lol.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 2 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #28

Guests

I will cry if Chandler is traded mecry.gif

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 2 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #29

All-Star

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 2 2006, 10:13 AM)
I will cry if Chandler is traded mecry.gif

He's so over-rated its a joke. He got his contract and now expectations have went up (whether fair or unfair) and he didn't come even close to being a good player. He still comitts stupid foul after stupid foul and really in general is so incredibly streaky.

I have always liked his attitude, but for what we pay him, if we can get some good stuff for him and free cap space, go for it.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jul 2 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #30

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

Heres an interesting post on it...

As of last night, it was supposed to finalize on Sunday. Of course things can change quick. Haven't talked with anyone today, but No1's mention that another team is interested in PJ could slow and change the process. When I talked with my friend last night, he called the Chandler/Tyson for JR/PJ deal about an 85% chance of being finalized.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:27 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home