Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor: Chandler to the Hornets
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #61

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Clifton Pondexter @ Jul 3 2006, 10:32 AM)
Get rid of Chandler now. The guy has back issues at 23. They haven't invented a game short enough for him not to be in foul trouble. He can't score down low. He's a great defender and decent rebounder, but that said, game after game how many times does he have more fouls than points and snags about 5 rebounds? That's not worth the money on his contract. Let some other team wait for him to play up to his potential, and free up some cap space for basketball players not projects.

Welcome aboard...Great to have another Bulls fan over here cheers.gif

I agree with moving Chandler for a lot of the reasons you gave, although his back injury is in the past (he's strengthened his core and thats not an issue). However, why pay 12 mill a year long term when you can get a similar player in Pyrzbilla (if thats what Pax wants) for 6 mill per (probably a year or two less as well) or go after a guy like Ben Wallace (who gets paid about the same, but is infinetly better).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #62

All-Star

QUOTE (allbullz @ Jul 3 2006, 10:46 AM)
I'd applaud any deal that trades Chandler and that undeserved contract away from here. The kid does have a great attitude and can rebound and block a little but NOTHING else. He can't shoot from the perimeter, can't shoot free throws, has no low post moves of any kind, can't finish at the basket whether it's on a fast break or off an offensive rebound and gets into foul trouble early and often. Why that's worth keeping, I have no idea.

We upgrade with a better kind of Chanlder (Ben Wallace) and than go find a scorer when we move Chandler's contract.

I think thats a winning idea and its what Pax is banking on. Of course this could all blow up in the Bulls face if Ben Wall stays in Detroit. I really think Wallace is the key to this off-season.

Thats not to say there isn't a plan B, but Plan A is a whole lot better.

By the way, welcome aboard cheers.gif Drinking.gif bullssmilie1.jpg

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 3 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #63

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3 2006, 02:15 PM)
The talk is that the Bulls either do that after getting Big Ben cause they get more scoring or this is part of a sign and trade with Brown (and possibly Smith) both going to Detroit for Wallace.

We get Wallace and than still have pretty much a max contract left to hand out this year (or we could divide that up to two other people) and add two more players to go with Ben.

People like Pyrzbilla, Harrington, Gooden, Nazr, etc.

Think of it this way, what if:
Detroit gets: Jr Smith and PJ Brown (expiring contract Detroit wants)
New Orleans gets: Tyson Chandler and Malik Allen
Bulls get: Ben Wallace (4yr 13 or 14 mill; but counting 12 mill against the cap this year)

Bulls than have about 12 mill left in FA and offer up about 6 mill (just over the exemption) for Pyrzbilla per year and than about that same amount for Drew Gooden.

Drew Gooden, Joel Pyrzbilla, and Ben Wallace = major upgrade over Tyson Chandler, Malik Allen and Darius Songalia

I totally agree. That is one great scenario for the Bulls, I'd love for it to play out like so. But what I am hearing, is that the 3-way would go:

Bulls Get: Ben Wallace
Hornets Get: Tyson Chandler
Pistons Get: PJ Brown, Malik Allen, JR Smith

But either way, the Bulls get their guy and clear up some room. Gooden and Pryz would only make it that much sweeter.

PG: Hinrich, Duhon
SG: Sefolosha, Gordon
SF: Deng, Nocioni
PF: Gooden, Thomas, Sweetney
C: Wallace, Pryzbilla

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #64

All-Star

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 11:19 AM)
I totally agree. That is one great scenario for the Bulls, I'd love for it to play out like so. But what I am hearing, is that the 3-way would go:

Bulls Get: Ben Wallace
Hornets Get: Tyson Chandler
Pistons Get: PJ Brown, Malik Allen, JR Smith

But either way, the Bulls get their guy and clear up some room. Gooden and Pryz would only make it that much sweeter.

PG: Hinrich, Duhon
SG: Sefolosha, Gordon
SF: Deng, Nocioni
PF: Gooden, Thomas, Sweetney
C: Wallace, Pryzbilla

Keeping Smith is even better because it gives the Bulls Gordon at the 2 guard as the smaller/quicker pure scorer. Smith is a pretty big guy whose a tremendous athlete that can score and has a solid shot (just needs to learn when to shoot and when not to as well as work on his defense) and than Sefolosha whose the defensive stopper for the bigger 2's and could also get some minutes at the 3 and run the point if necessary.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #65

All-Star

By the way, it should be noted that no trade can go down until FA begins. The period between July 1 and July 12 has a moretorum of sorts and no deals can officially be made (they can be done, but they won't fully go through).

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 3 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #66

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3 2006, 02:29 PM)
By the way, it should be noted that no trade can go down until FA begins. The period between July 1 and July 12 has a moretorum of sorts and no deals can officially be made (they can be done, but they won't fully go through).

Yeah, Chandler still has the BYC tag until Free Agency officially starts July 12th. Thats when all the contracts will be signed and all deals will become official.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #67

All-Star

And if that Charlotte guy is right this deal is going down regardless of whether Ben Wall comes to the Bulls. Pax may just be holding out for a draft pick as well or something else.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 3 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #68

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3 2006, 01:15 PM)
Think of it this way, what if:
Detroit gets: Jr Smith and PJ Brown (expiring contract Detroit wants)
New Orleans gets: Tyson Chandler and Malik Allen
Bulls get: Ben Wallace (4yr 13 or 14 mill; but counting 12 mill against the cap this year)

Bulls than have about 12 mill left in FA and offer up about 6 mill (just over the exemption) for Pyrzbilla per year and than about that same amount for Drew Gooden.

Drew Gooden, Joel Pyrzbilla, and Ben Wallace = major upgrade over Tyson Chandler, Malik Allen and Darius Songalia

This is exactly the type of thing that I envisioned at the thought of us making this trade. If we could add Gooden and Pryz, I'd be fine with letting Tyson go. If we were to make this trade, and then not get anyone but say Pryz, I'd be thoroughly pissed off.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 3 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #69

Guests

PG Hinrich 12 ppg 8 apg 3-4 rpg
SG Gordon 20.1 ppg 1 rpg
SF Deng 15.7 ppg 8 rpg
PF Murphy 11.1 ppg 5 rpg
C Wallace 6 ppg 10 rpg

That would be awesome

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 3 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #70

Superstar

I'd take Gooden, Boozer, and Wilcox over Murphy.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 3 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #71

Guests

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 02:47 PM)
I'd take Gooden, Boozer, and Wilcox over Murphy.

Idk, how much do you think we'd have to give up to get Boozer? Id rather have boozer to.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jul 3 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #72

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

Do you guys think the Bulls will keep Chandler if we won't be able to sign Wallace?

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 3 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #73

Guests

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 3 2006, 03:35 PM)
Do you guys think the Bulls will keep Chandler if we won't be able to sign Wallace?

Yes

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 3 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #74

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 3 2006, 04:35 PM)

If Ben Wallace is not signed by the Bulls, then I think Chandler will remain a Bull. So, yes.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 3 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #75

Guests

What are the chances Big Ben SIgns with us you think?

I say 90%- I think hes fed up with Detroit. He says his meeting with Skiles and Pax went quote "Real Good".

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:28 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home