Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor: Chandler to the Hornets
SoxFan1
post Jul 3 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #76

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 3 2006, 04:55 PM)
What are the chances Big Ben SIgns with us you think?

I say 90%- I think hes fed up with Detroit. He says his meeting with Skiles and Pax went quote "Real Good".

50-50 Chance. Sure he said the meeting went real good but you just never know in Free Agency.

He could be using the Bulls to get more money from Detroit. He could be holding out for a sign & trade. He could be waiting for another team to enter the picture. Or, he might simply be going for the most money.

Don't forget, he said that the whole Flip Saunder's thign was blown out of proportion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 3 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #77

Guests

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 03:58 PM)
50-50 Chance. Sure he said the meeting went real good but you just never know in Free Agency.

He could be using the Bulls to get more money from Detroit. He could be holding out for a sign & trade. He could be waiting for another team to enter the picture. Or, he might simply be going for the most money.

Don't forget, he said that the whole Flip Saunder's thign was blown out of proportion.

True, I think that Detroit offers another deal to Wallace and the Bulls will offer that 60 million for 4 year deal after that proposal and I think that deal would sweep Big Ben off his feet. IMO if I had to guess, Ben is going for the most money. But your right, you just never know.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jul 3 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #78

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

I just hope the Bulls aren't being used by Wallace to help him get more money in Detroit. I know thats how the whole free agency process works and all, but Wallace should seriously consider coming to Chicago. THe fans would embrace him and his hard work ethic like we did with Rodman in the glory days.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 3 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #79

Bench

Member No.: 56

I dont think the Pistons can offer any more money to Wallace....

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 3 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #80

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 3 2006, 05:09 PM)
I just hope the Bulls aren't being used by Wallace to help him get more money in Detroit. I know thats how the whole free agency process works and all, but Wallace should seriously consider coming to Chicago. THe fans would embrace him and his hard work ethic like we did with Rodman in the glory days.

Hey GS, would you mind making your sig a bit smaller? It's pretty big. If you'd like me to resize it, I can.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 3 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #81

Bench

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2006, 04:15 PM)
Hey GS, would you mind making your sig a bit smaller? It's pretty big. If you'd like me to resize it, I can.

booooh dictatorship! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 3 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #82

Superstar

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 3 2006, 05:17 PM)
booooh dictatorship!  tongue.gif

Haha, it's like 500x300. laugh.gif it will make for faster browsing.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #83

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 3 2006, 01:42 PM)
Yes

Nope, I think Pyrzbilla will be here for sure if we don't sign Wallace and Chandler is out of here regardless.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #84

All-Star

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 3 2006, 02:15 PM)
I dont think the Pistons can offer any more money to Wallace....

They can offer him more, but I don't know if they will.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #85

All-Star

The Hornets source is now saying this signing finalizes the proposed Hornets and Bulls trade involving Brown and Jr Smith.

Could the Bulls than take Brown and deal his expiring contract for a more valuable big man, that may be the plan (this last sentence is me making some assumptions). Brown may end up being more valuable to another team than say Chandler.

Maybe the Wolves or Pacers have told the Bulls give us Deng, Duhon and someone that will allow us to free up cap space as well as the rights to the Knicks pick next year and you got yourself a deal.

Than we keep JR Smith who helps out with depth on the wings with the loss of a guy like Deng. Just throwing something out there.

Either way I'm all jacked up right now.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #86

All-Star

Here is the latest info from Hornets report:

1) JR Smith isn't wanted by many teams, including the Bulls (that's not to say that he wont still be packaged in the deal)

3) Bottom line: The Bulls want PJ and the Hornets want Chandler

5) Arvydas Macijauskas will be traded and could be involved in the Bulls trade, possibly instead of JR. If not, he could be packaged with some of our other expiring contracts of veteran players to a team that wants cap relief.

7) Back to the Bulls trade, as I said a couple days back, I was very confident that once Ben Wallace was signed, our Bulls trade would go through (at the very least invovling the two principle players--PJ and Tyson). I stand by my words.

8) If for some reason PJ is not involved in that trade, don't expect him to leave. I also want to add that PJ and Byron are very close and that PJ must approve of the trade before he is shipped out. I don't foresee any problems there.

9) John Paxson has talked to a few teams regarding Tyson Chandler and he does have some other teams vying for his services as well. Most importantly, however, is that Paxson feels PJ is exactly the PF and classy veteran they need to groom Tyrus Thomas and go far into the playoffs. I think PJ is still there best bet.

10) I expect the Bulls trade to happen by tomorrow at the latest but most likely tonight.

Thought I'd share all this. The gist is that we don't really want JR and could obviously package him elsewhere. Instead we may be asking for Arvydas' and don't ask me a thing about him cause I couldn't tell you since I didn't watch many Hornets games, but it sounds like he's a decent enough player with some upside.

As far as PJ Brown goes, according to this Pax wants him here to groom Tyrus Thomas, but I wonder about that, couldn't Ben Wall help groom him (he's a proven vet).

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 3 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #87

Bench

I dont know why we wouldnt want JR Smith... he has tremendous upside... and at worse could be part of another deal.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 3 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #88

Bench

also since Paxson is so into athletes JR Smith definitely fits that too... just felt like adding that as well.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 3 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #89

All-Star

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jul 3 2006, 06:29 PM)
I dont know why we wouldnt want JR Smith... he has tremendous upside... and at worse could be part of another deal.

I agree with that. On the other hand he has complained about not getting enough minutes and if we know one thing about Skiles he's not about to hand anyone anything. I think Pax and Scott know after the Tim Thomas fiasco that they need to be careful and make sure they get players (hopefully talented ones) who are willing to work hard and do all thats asked of them because Skiles doesn't give anyone leeway and he expects everyone to show up and practice and do there work.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 3 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #90

Bench

Yeah but I think he will be able to get the minutes here... im sure we are going to have 2 trades go down this off-season. One thats hopefully this one with Chandler and another probably involving Deng or Nocioni with PJ Brown and maybe Duhon or the draft pick.... because we are still way overloaded at SF.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:17 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home