Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Larmarcus Aldridge is coming out!
The Dude Abides
post Apr 10 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #16

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 10 2006, 04:55 PM)
You guys really need to quit being so enamored with who we get with our 2nd pick. This is a week draft and our team needs guard help but the quality of guards out there is PATHETIC this year.

Drafting a guard in a big man dominated draft (also a bigger need on this team) would be foolish. You take Aldridge first (if he's there) and than you take another big with our 2nd pick.

Than try and find a way to trade Gordon or put together a package with our 2nd 1st round pick along with Gordon and whoever for a 2nd round pick (or maybe a signing, who knows).

Hell most of the guards that are actually decent now (and not just potential guys) are undersized and we have no need for that. Or they are tweeners (we don't need another BG).

The couple big guards that are out there can't shoot and for the most part fit more as SF's, which is a position we have ZERO need for. And considering Skiles seems to like systems that utilize good guard play, we need to find guards that can shoot and than use that shot to allow them to drive inside and obviously having guards that can shoot will also help when we kick the ball into our new found low post presence or so I hope we find a low post presence).

exactly!!!

Although, I do like BG off the bench if we can find a tall SG...I still believe Deng could start at SG if he works on quickness and his outside shot this offseason.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 10 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #17

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 10 2006, 03:02 PM)
he has the body that can add on another 25- 30 pounds if he needs. and for all of you that are qusetioning his hight he could still grow to be a 7'0 player like loul did last year. as for me i hope that we get him along with Roy from washington. pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Counting on a 20 year old to grow is a strange proposition to say the least. I know there is a much better chance of his growing 25-30 pounds, but then again they said the samething about Tyson and he still hasn't grown much. But I will say even at 6'10" he is plenty big for an NBA center, he just has got to get much stronger.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Apr 10 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #18

6th Man

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10 2006, 05:14 PM)
Counting on a 20 year old to grow is a strange proposition to say the least. I know there is a much better chance of his growing 25-30 pounds, but then again they said the samething about Tyson and he still hasn't grown much. But I will say even at 6'10" he is plenty big for an NBA center, he just has got to get much stronger.

mourning is 6'10 and big ben is 6'9.
But he needs to put on 20-25 lbs of meat to pound in the paint.. His frame reminds me a lot of david robinson when he was a rook.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 10 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #19

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 10 2006, 05:15 PM)
But he needs to put on 20-25 lbs of meat to pound in the paint..  His frame reminds me a lot of david robinson when he was a rook.

that is exectaly who i was thinking of and for him growing i know that it is unlikly for that to happen but like i said loul deng did it and he is olny 20 no matter what he will be very good in the NBA with tha 7'5 wing span.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 10 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #20

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 10 2006, 03:15 PM)
But he needs to put on 20-25 lbs of meat to pound in the paint.. His frame reminds me a lot of david robinson when he was a rook.

I for one wouldnt' be surprised at all if Mourning had a wee bit of help in adding his weight.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 10 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #21

All-Star

Member No.: 43

One game against LSU does not make me any less excited about the potential that we could get Aldridge, especially when he still had 10 rebounds and 5 blocks. His shots just weren't falling. He may need some strength, but he's about the same size (height and weight) as guys like Amare Stoudemire (currently listed at 260 but played at less previously), Chris Bosh, Rasheed Wallace, Dwight Howard and Chris Webber. How many 320 pound PF's are there in the NBA anyways?

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 10 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #22

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 10 2006, 07:02 PM)
One game against LSU does not make me any less excited about the potential that we could get Aldridge, especially when he still had 10 rebounds and 5 blocks. His shots just weren't falling. He may need some strength, but he's about the same size (height and weight) as guys like Amare Stoudemire (currently listed at 260 but played at less previously), Chris Bosh, Rasheed Wallace, Dwight Howard and Chris Webber. How many 320 pound PF's are there in the NBA anyways?

he will have a good cerrier in chicago hopefully all we need is the lottery to go our way.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Apr 10 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #23

Bench

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 10 2006, 09:58 PM)
cerrier

This is not a word of the English language, it's spelled career. Sorry just bustin your balls man, but this is the second time you have spelled it incorrectly here.

On to the point at hand. Lamarcus has some other things that make me wary of him, one being the fact that he had rather serious hip surgery just last season. The other is his history of back problems and the fact that a back is a very tricky thing to control(I think we should all know this by now... cough.... Dustin Hermanson). A lot of people are willing to look past these facts because he appears to be the best big man available to us, and the most worthy of our #1 pick. However, I wonder if the situation with Curry which revolved completely around his chronic and forthcoming health issues has Pax also thinking more than twice about this.

Right now the options appear to be Tiago Splitter(looks like a huge weapon 10' and in), Andrea Bargnani(good inside and outside game but I question his ability to do it inside against NBA Centers), or Pat O'Bryant(HUGE 7'0" 260 7'6" wingspan, great defender, relishes contact when going to the basket, knock is he still has a lot of learning to do when it comes to how he can assert himself as an offensive weapon). IMO, we may be better served grabbing Roy 1st and O'Bryant with our second. Both have very high ceilings and upside, Roy is almost a sure thing with his polish, and about as well manicured and talented college guard as there is. O'Bryant has a last name that makes him sound like Kobe and Shaqs secret love child, how can we go wrong with him?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 11 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #24

All-Star

I don't think O'Bryant will make it to the middle of the first round. I would imagine he goes top 10 in a draft devoid of big men

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 11 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #25

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11 2006, 08:22 AM)
I don't think O'Bryant will make it to the middle of the first round. I would imagine he goes top 10 in a draft devoid of big men

Sorry if I missed it.... but is he planning on coming out...

is he coming out?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 11 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #26

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 11 2006, 09:32 AM)
Sorry if I missed it.... but is he planning on coming out...

is he coming out?

I don't think he has declared either way...

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 11 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #27

All-Star

QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Apr 10 2006, 11:24 PM)
On to the point at hand. Lamarcus has some other things that make me wary of him, one being the fact that he had rather serious hip surgery just last season. The other is his history of back problems and the fact that a back is a very tricky thing to control(I think we should all know this by now... cough.... Dustin Hermanson). A lot of people are willing to look past these facts because he appears to be the best big man available to us, and the most worthy of our #1 pick. However, I wonder if the situation with Curry which revolved completely around his chronic and forthcoming health issues has Pax also thinking more than twice about this.

Right now the options appear to be Tiago Splitter(looks like a huge weapon 10' and in), Andrea Bargnani(good inside and outside game but I question his ability to do it inside against NBA Centers), or Pat O'Bryant(HUGE 7'0" 260 7'6" wingspan, great defender, relishes contact when going to the basket, knock is he still has a lot of learning to do when it comes to how he can assert himself as an offensive weapon). IMO, we may be better served grabbing Roy 1st and O'Bryant with our second. Both have very high ceilings and upside, Roy is almost a sure thing with his polish, and about as well manicured and talented college guard as there is. O'Bryant has a last name that makes him sound like Kobe and Shaqs secret love child, how can we go wrong with him?

Neither of those things bothered him at all this year, and he had no injury issues in high school. In fact, the back wasn't even really an issue, IIRC he was playing through it at the beginning of last year. I'd be more worried if he needed surgery on his back or knees than his hip, those are more likely to be recurring issues. There's more concern about Curry because he's overweight and the heart issue isn't going to correct itself.

Splitter probably won't even be in the draft because of his buyout situation. He's not really a good option anyways because he isn't really a post scorer and still needs to add weight just like Aldridge. Bargnani is even more perimeter oriented and is woefully thin for his height (7 feet tall and listed at 225 blink.gif ). O'Bryant is extremely raw and also needs to add weight (seems like a trend). He's not going to be a factor at all early. The only big guys in the draft that will probably actually see the court for extended periods as rookies are Aldridge and Shelden Williams, and the latter isn't exactly a great option.

Roy is not a sure-fire hit as a draft pick. There's a reason he was still there his senior season. He's a rather ordinary athlete and isn't a very good shooter. He can probably contribute right away, but there probably aren't any All-star games in his future.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Apr 11 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #28

Bench

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 11 2006, 11:09 AM)
Neither of those things bothered him at all this year, and he had no injury issues in high school. In fact, the back wasn't even really an issue, IIRC he was playing through it at the beginning of last year. I'd be more worried if he needed surgery on his back or knees than his hip, those are more likely to be recurring issues. There's more concern about Curry because he's overweight and the heart issue isn't going to correct itself.

Splitter probably won't even be in the draft because of his buyout situation. He's not really a good option anyways because he isn't really a post scorer and still needs to add weight just like Aldridge. Bargnani is even more perimeter oriented and is woefully thin for his height (7 feet  tall and listed at 225  blink.gif ). O'Bryant is extremely raw and also needs to add weight (seems like a trend). He's not going to be a factor at all early. The only big guys in the draft that will probably actually see the court for extended periods as rookies are Aldridge and Shelden Williams, and the latter isn't exactly a great option.

Roy is not a sure-fire hit as a draft pick. There's a reason he was still there his senior season. He's a rather ordinary athlete and isn't a very good shooter. He can probably contribute right away, but there probably aren't any All-star games in his future.

Lamarcus DID have back problems in high school, as they were the reason he didnt declare for the draft. He wanted to up his stock and show pro scouts they werent a problem by strengthening his body and developing in college, but it didnt work out as well as he thought because the issues are still there. How in the world can you say all these other guys need to add weight and not bring that up with Lamarcus(as he is the skinniest of the top round bunch behind Bargnani), it seems to me that you are being very unobjective here. O'Bryant could stand to add some muscle, but to say he needs to add weight like you did is not really relative. He is already very strong in the post, and if he were to add 10 lbs. of muscle it may enhance his game, but he is easily the thickest big man in this draft so weight should not be an issue when critiquing him. To simply look past the injuries he has had just because he has the great potential is the wrong way to go through this process. Look at a guy in the NBA, Tracy McGrady, he has had chronic back trouble during the latter part of his career, and that has really inhibited his teams ability to win. In the end Lamarcus may be the best player to be taken in the draft, but he is also looking like the riskiest because of injuries and his inability to dominate at a level where he should have. All this while Brandon Roy is looking like a low risk player, who doesnt have a low basement and a very high ceiling. At some point when you have to go through the process of determining which player to chose this comes up, and is very big to a lot of GM's.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 11 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #29

All-Star

QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Apr 11 2006, 01:11 PM)
Lamarcus DID have back problems in high school, as they were the reason he didnt declare for the draft. He wanted to up his stock and show pro scouts they werent a problem by strengthening his body and developing in college, but it didnt work out as well as he thought because the issues are still there. How in the world can you say all these other guys need to add weight and not bring that up with Lamarcus(as he is the skinniest of the top round bunch behind Bargnani), it seems to me that you are being very unobjective here. O'Bryant could stand to add some muscle, but to say he needs to add weight like you did is not really relative. He is already very strong in the post, and if he were to add 10 lbs. of muscle it may enhance his game, but he is easily the thickest big man in this draft so weight should not be an issue when critiquing him. To simply look past the injuries he has had just because he has the great potential is the wrong way to go through this process. Look at a guy in the NBA, Tracy McGrady, he has had chronic back trouble during the latter part of his career, and that has really inhibited his teams ability to win. In the end Lamarcus may be the best player to be taken in the draft, but he is also looking like the riskiest because of injuries and his inability to dominate at a level where he should have. All this while Brandon Roy is looking like a low risk player, who doesnt have a low basement and a very high ceiling. At some point when you have to go through the process of determining which player to chose this comes up, and is very big to a lot of GM's.

He didn't declare for the draft because he wasn't a lottery lock. Now that I think about it he did have some issues before the draft, but that just sealed the fact that he'd go to college, kind of like Dee Brown. It hasn't drastically affected his performance. He was doing fairly well as a freshmen and was very good this past season. He showed no lingering affects from the hip or the back. If he did have problems, I'd love to see him when he's 100% healthy.

I said LaMarcus needs to add weight, several times. He's a lot closer than the other guys though, and he can actually play at a fairly high level right now, unlike the other guys. He's listed at around 240, which is more than every decent post prospect except Sheldon Williams and O'Bryant (although since he's 2 inches taller that 250-ish weight is at a similar ratio). O'Bryant clearly needs to add weight and build some strength, any scout will tell you that. One can argue that he's softer than Aldridge. It's an even bigger issue with Bryant because he has little to no experence against other top post players playing in the MVC and still needs serious development in the offensive department. What are you watching thinking that he's the thickest post player in the draft? That's Williams by far, followed by Horford (who isn't declaring right now). Everyone else is a bean pole.

Aldridge has had minimal problems with his back and the hip injury was a fluke. He's not a real injury concern. You're the only person I've ever seen that is worried about it, and I read an awful lot of draft material. What makes you think he didn't dominate? One off game against LSU? He averaged 15 points, 9 boards, and 2 blocks. The only guy in the draft with a better stat line is Shelden Williams. He'd have scored even more points if Texas had a real PG. That's what seperates him from the other players: He can actually score in the post and create his own shot.

Roy is a low risk, but he's also a lower reward player. I don't see where the high ceiling is. He's an average shooter at best and is only a decent athlete. There are a lot of guys in the NBA that are more athletic than he is. He's a pretty good ball-handler, but that's the only thing he does well.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 11 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #30

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 11 2006, 02:16 PM)
He didn't declare for the draft because he wasn't a lottery lock. Now that I think about it he did have some issues before the draft, but that just sealed the fact that he'd go to college, kind of like Dee Brown. It hasn't drastically affected his performance. He was doing fairly well as a freshmen and was very good this past season. He showed no lingering affects from the hip or the back. If he did have problems, I'd love to see him when he's 100% healthy.

I said LaMarcus needs to add weight, several times. He's a lot closer than the other guys though, and he can actually play at a fairly high level right now, unlike the other guys. He's listed at around 240, which is more than every decent post prospect except Sheldon Williams and O'Bryant (although since he's 2 inches taller that 250-ish weight is at a similar ratio). O'Bryant clearly needs to add weight and build some strength, any scout will tell you that. One can argue that he's softer than Aldridge. It's an even bigger issue with Bryant because he has little to no experence against other top post players playing in the MVC and still needs serious development in the offensive department. What are you watching thinking that he's the thickest post player in the draft? That's Williams by far, followed by Horford (who isn't declaring right now). Everyone else is a bean pole.

Aldridge has had minimal problems with his back and the hip injury was a fluke. He's not a real injury concern. You're the only person I've ever seen that is worried about it, and I read an awful lot of draft material. What makes you think he didn't dominate? One off game against LSU? He averaged 15 points, 9 boards, and 2 blocks. The only guy in the draft with a better stat line is Shelden Williams. He'd have scored even more points if Texas had a real PG. That's what seperates him from the other players: He can actually score in the post and create his own shot.

Roy is a low risk, but he's also a lower reward player. I don't see where the high ceiling is. He's an average shooter at best and is only a decent athlete. There are a lot of guys in the NBA that are more athletic than he is. He's a pretty good ball-handler, but that's the only thing he does well.

read this and tell me what you do not like about him he is a star and is also athletic.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=343

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 05:16 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home