IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TalkBulls Mock Draft discussion thread, Post your picks here!
Cowch
post Jun 22 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #91

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 64

With the 23rd pick in the 2008 NBA draft, the Utah Jazz select Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 23 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #92

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

Slav is on the clock.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 23 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #93

Superstar

Member No.: 12

With the 24th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Seattle SuperSonics select...Nicholas Batum, SG, Le Mans (France).

Bayless - Batum - Durant - Green - Collison

If there are any teams interested in a PG, the Sonics are looking to package Watson and one of Collison, Swift, Sene for a big man.

The Houston Rockets are on the clock.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 23 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #94

I'm fresh.

25 Houston Rockets - ZoomSlowik
26 San Antonio Spurs - Steve9347
27 New Orleans Hornets - Balta
28 Memphis Grizzlies - dasox24
29 Detroit Pistons - cowch
30 Boston Celtics - DotheDuhon21

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 23 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #95

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Actually, I switched the board around because I didn't ask for the Rockets and figured Edogg would want them. If he doesn't, then fine, I'll pick.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 23 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #96

I'm fresh.

Via email, with the 25th pick the Houston Rockets select Serge Ibaka, PF, CB L'Hospitalet.

The Spurs are now on the clock.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 23 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #97

I'm fresh.

With the 26th pick the Spurs select J.J. Hickson, PF, NC State.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 23 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #98

I'm fresh.

The New Orleans Hornets and Balta are on the clock.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 23 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #99

Superstar

Member No.: 23

The surprised New Orleans Hornets select Donte Green, SF, Syracuse, a projected mid-first-rounder who fell to them.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 23 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #100

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

With the 28th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select C JaVale McGee, C, Nevada

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 23 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #101

I'm fresh.

Cowch and Do2Du will finish out the first round.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 23 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #102

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 23 2008, 11:37 AM) *
Via email, with the 25th pick the Houston Rockets select Serge Ibaka, PF, CB L'Hospitalet.

The Spurs are now on the clock.

I have to say that this is exactly who I want the Rockets to take in real life (assuming Thompson is off the board). I actually think his ceiling is higher than Thompson but I think Thompson will have more of an impact in his first few years. Ibaka could be a flop but I think he's going to develop into a serious pro capable of being a starter at the 4 position and possibly even a defensive player of the year type. His athleticism is simply through the roof. He's kind of like a more controlled Tyrus Thomas from what I have seen in videos. He hasn't played the right competition yet but I think that working in an NBA system will make him twice the player he has been thus far. He could stand to gain some weight but looking at his frame he looks like he'll have no problem gaining weight (possibly even getting to the elite muscle status like Amare, Shawn Kemp in his young days). I doubt he'll ever have a Dwight Howard type frame but you never know.

He says he is molding his game after KG. He's got a long way to go but athletically he's already a step ahead of KG if he truly is 19 years old.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4-6opHOfJJE

Looks like he jumps pretty high.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 24 2008, 07:34 AM
Post #103

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 23 2008, 11:37 PM) *
I have to say that this is exactly who I want the Rockets to take in real life (assuming Thompson is off the board). I actually think his ceiling is higher than Thompson but I think Thompson will have more of an impact in his first few years. Ibaka could be a flop but I think he's going to develop into a serious pro capable of being a starter at the 4 position and possibly even a defensive player of the year type. His athleticism is simply through the roof. He's kind of like a more controlled Tyrus Thomas from what I have seen in videos. He hasn't played the right competition yet but I think that working in an NBA system will make him twice the player he has been thus far. He could stand to gain some weight but looking at his frame he looks like he'll have no problem gaining weight (possibly even getting to the elite muscle status like Amare, Shawn Kemp in his young days). I doubt he'll ever have a Dwight Howard type frame but you never know.

He says he is molding his game after KG. He's got a long way to go but athletically he's already a step ahead of KG if he truly is 19 years old.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4-6opHOfJJE

Looks like he jumps pretty high.

He's going to seriously need to learn a post move or two. That floating jumper is going to get swatted everytime.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jun 24 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #104

Bench

Member No.: 64

With the 29th pick in the 2008 NBA draft, the Detroit Pistons select Nathan Jawai, PF/C, Australia.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 24 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #105

All-Star

Member No.: 43

A step up over KG athletically? Really? If that were the case he'd be projected to go A LOT higher in the draft, considering that in his prime KG was an athletic freak with absurd length, explosive leaping ability, and small forward mobility. He went #5 right out of high school at a time when that kind of thing was unheard of, that should tell you how gifted he was physically. A 31 year old KG okay, but then the skill level isn't even close there so it's pretty moot. It's one thing to say he's big and athletic, or that he can jump really high, or that he's a good sleeper pick, it's another to say he's more athletic than one of the best athletic specimens that the league has had in the last generation when he's projected to go in the late 1st round.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:19 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home