IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate the Bulls draft, pax a genius or on drugs?
rate the draft
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
The Dude Abides
post Jun 28 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

Pax better have something up his sleeve for KG.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 28 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 66

i'm bummed and disappointed. and hope that some blockbuster deal is in the works.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 28 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Why? This is a great draft as far as im concerned. We got what we needed, length and athletiscm to go along with a big gaurd in our backcourt. Tyrus makes sense to me because he is a Chicago-Type player because hes defensive minded and has good mental toughness. Sure I would be happy if we kept Lamarcus but Thomas will be a highlight real whenever he steps on the court for us. Look for Thomas to thrive off that same energy he put into games at LSU.

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 28 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #4

Bench

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:12 PM)
Why? This is a great draft as far as im concerned. We got what we needed, length and athletiscm to go along with a big gaurd in our backcourt. Tyrus makes sense to me because he is a Chicago-Type player because hes defensive minded and has good mental toughness. Sure I would be happy if we kept Lamarcus but Thomas will be a highlight real whenever he steps on the court for us. Look for Thomas to thrive off that same energy he put into games at LSU.

Are you Paxson? Because that is exactly what he said.

+Quote Post
Soxbadger
post Jun 28 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #5

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 170

If its Paxson please answer this:

How did we go from getting future considerations, to giving up a 2nd round pick?

That is what is the real kick in the teeth.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Jun 28 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:12 PM)

How about size, I dont give a spiff how high a guy can hold his arms above his head, if he's 6'7" 215 playing PF, he's going to get spiff on. Our biggest problem was size and post scoring in our bigs(how did we solve that), length is such an overused term.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
Post #7

Superstar

QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 08:13 PM)
Are you Paxson? Because that is exactly what he said.

No, I may have the same ideas he does and agree with him on both of the picks. Paxson is a smart guy. Remember, this guy completely turned this franchise around when he came in. 2 back-to-back Playoff appearances is a great starting point for his regime. So why not trust him?

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
Post #8

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

I am bummed and dissapointed but I did break 1 remote.

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 28 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #9

Bench

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:16 PM)
No, I may have the same ideas he does and agree with him on both of the picks. Paxson is a smart guy. Remember, this guy completely turned this franchise around when he came in. 2 back-to-back Playoff appearances is a great starting point for his regime. So why not trust him?

you are so full of it. We did not need athleticism, and we did not get length. We needed a big guy can score in the paint. Not some guy who will be a future SF.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Jun 28 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 10:16 PM)
I am bummed and dissapointed but I did break 1 remote.

Im fine with it even though im not a big tyrus fan if you noticed.

+Quote Post
Soxbadger
post Jun 28 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #11

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 170

Plenty of teams make the playoffs in basketball.

The Bulls had a chance to get a legitimate big man and a high quality athletic SG/SF. Its just frustrating the Bulls never seem to get a big man.

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 28 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #12

Bench

The Thabo pick wasn't that bad. But drafting a SF-PF who is the child of Tyson Chandler and Shawm Marion makes no sense.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 28 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 28 2006, 08:19 PM)
you are so full of it. We did not need athleticism, and we did not get length. We needed a big guy can score in the paint. Not some guy who will be a future SF.

last I checked, Driving dunks or Driving layups or the same as Posting up in the paint as far as "Scoring In the paint". Those are the things Tyrus will do, he will get his points in transition and will beat his man off the dribble to get to the foul line. Nobody every said anything about HAVING to post up to get points. You guys need to think about some of this stuff before you post. You dont realize different ways you can score. You dont have to post up, sure it helps but obviously Paxson knows more about what this team needs than we do and thats why I fully trust him. Great Draft Pax biggrin.gif

O might I also add that perhaps John is molding this team into a Phoenix style offense? We have quickness and athletiscm now so maybe he is making this team into a quick transition offense. Dont really know, just speculating like all the rest of us are.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 28 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #14

6th Man

QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jun 28 2006, 08:16 PM)
How about size, I dont give a spiff how high a guy can hold his arms above his head, if he's 6'7" 215 playing PF, he's going to get spiff on. Our biggest problem was size and post scoring in our bigs(how did we solve that), length is such an overused term.

Exactly...

How does this help us with low post scoring? How does this help us when we need back to the basket plays?

Noch had to play out of position at PF. He's 6'7 and did an admirable job...but we needed height and size. we did not get either with this pick. TT will not score in the post.

We now continue to have an undersized team, no low post scoring and a freaking log jam at SF.

Plus, we have to wait 4 years to see if TT can play. Havent we learned from Chandler?

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 28 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #15

6th Man

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2006, 08:23 PM)
last I checked, Driving dunks or Driving layups or the same as Posting up in the paint as far as "Scoring In the paint". Those are the things Tyrus will do, he will get his points in transition and will beat his man off the dribble to get to the foul line. Nobody every said anything about HAVING to post up to get points. You guys need to think about some of this stuff before you post. You dont realize different ways you can score. You dont have to post up, sure it helps but obviously Paxson knows more about what this team needs than we do and thats why I fully trust him. Great Draft Pax biggrin.gif

When we are in a close game...in the 4th quarter...is it going to make more sense to have a guy who can bang and post up or try to get an ally oop?

Having a banger down low will help us control the clock, get easier buckets and most importantly...get to the free throw line more.

Thomas can dunk...but that wont help us in crunch time like a low post player would. that's why we lost leads in the 4th quarter and collapsed at the end of games.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:11 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home