ZoomSlowik
post Jun 24 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #46

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 24 2012, 06:20 PM) *
Here's the clause on redistribution from that link:
The Bulls haven't been over the Tax line since Jordan, so the Bulls have been a "non-taxpaying team" since then. The Bulls get about $3-$4 million/year in payout from the luxury tax paying teams. If the Bulls cross that line, they lose that money.

You needed to go down a little further. I'll quote the important ones:

•Teams in markets with more than 2.5 million TV households cannot receive a revenue sharing payment. Teams in markets with 2 million to 2.5 million TV households receive a percentage of a full payment (for example, a team with 2.25 million TV households receives a 50% payment). A team with fewer than 2 million TV households receives a full payment.

•If a team is profitable without revenue sharing, it receives a smaller or zero payment. Any payments from revenue sharing that would lead a team to have a profit over $10 million are eliminated.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 24 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #47

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 109

I've heard mention of Deng trades to Golden State and another team (don't recall off the top of my head)...what players would be involved there?

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 24 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #48

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

Without knowing the other team itd obviously be impossible to tell...As I posted before the Deng to GSW trade I saw would be us getting back Jefferson or Biedrins and the 7...maybe they take CJ too and give us their late 2nd rounder as well, theres not any PGs that are gonna be there at 29 that arent a reach

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 24 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #49

Bench

Member No.: 1,962

Let me revise my ridiculous trade early, to slightly less ridiculous.

With Deron eyeing Dallas, they might want to clear cap space.

Korver + Brewer (non-guaranteed contracts) + 2nd Rounder for Marion + 17
Deng for Garcia + 5

Draft Barnes and Ross

PG: Watson - FA - Rose
SG: Hamilton - Ross - Garcia
SF: Marion - Barnes - Butler
PF: Boozer - Taj
C : Noah - Asik

Then you can explore moving Rip and Marion if the Bulls aren't contending, if not, keep them for Roses return. Ross and Barnes watch and learn from Rip and Marion while Butler provides D. Garcia is there for occasional shooting/expiring.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 25 2012, 08:28 AM
Post #50

Bench

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Let me revise my ridiculous trade early, to slightly less ridiculous.

With Deron eyeing Dallas, they might want to clear cap space.

Korver + Brewer (non-guaranteed contracts) + 2nd Rounder for Marion + 17
Deng for Garcia + 5

Draft Barnes and Ross

PG: Watson - FA - Rose
SG: Hamilton - Ross - Garcia
SF: Marion - Barnes - Butler
PF: Boozer - Taj
C : Noah - Asik

Then you can explore moving Rip and Marion if the Bulls aren't contending, if not, keep them for Roses return. Ross and Barnes watch and learn from Rip and Marion while Butler provides D. Garcia is there for occasional shooting/expiring.

Moved to the offseason rumor thread

I think both are plausible deals, which means they won't happen. lol. Does Marion have anything left in the tank?

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 25 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #51

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24 2012, 07:16 PM) *
I've heard mention of Deng trades to Golden State and another team (don't recall off the top of my head)...what players would be involved there?

I guess there's a rumor on RealGM with Utah as the other team that goes like this...

Bulls send: Luol Deng, picks (says 29 and 2013 first), possibly another player (someone like Watson)
Bulls get: Devin Harris, Dorrell Wright, pick #7

Warriors send: Andris Biedrins, Dorrell Wright, pick #7, #30
Warriors get: Luol Deng

Jazz send: Devin Harris
Jazz get: Andris Biedrins, #29, #30, Bulls' 2013 first, other Bulls' player.

That one makes zero sense to me, mostly because of Utah. Why the fish would they want Biedrins? Jefferson and Millsap are light-years better than him and they also have cheaper options with upside in Favors and Kanter. Biedrins is probably no better than their #4 big man but he'd make $9 million a year. They need more guards, not more big men.

The only way it makes any sense is if they have a deal in place to get an impact guard for Jefferson or Millsap. Then they'd still have 3 bigs with production/potential (and Biedrins) and add several picks (albiet late ones). Even then, it seems odd that they'd take on a bad deal for a backup big for a couple of late firsts (the Bulls wouldn't tank nearly hard enough for that to be a good pick with two sure-fire starters coming back and another potential one with the pick).

Plus the Bulls get what is probably 3 of the 4 best assets in the deal, with the two players having expiring contracts (maybe keep Wright, probably not Harris). That's usually a bad sign for the viability of a deal.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 25 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #52

Bench

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25 2012, 10:47 AM) *
I guess there's a rumor on RealGM with Utah as the other team that goes like this...

Bulls send: Luol Deng, picks (says 29 and 2013 first), possibly another player (someone like Watson)
Bulls get: Devin Harris, Dorrell Wright, pick #7

Warriors send: Andris Biedrins, Dorrell Wright, pick #7, #30
Warriors get: Luol Deng

Jazz send: Devin Harris
Jazz get: Andris Biedrins, #29, #30, Bulls' 2013 first, other Bulls' player.

That one makes zero sense to me, mostly because of Utah. Why the fish would they want Biedrins? Jefferson and Millsap are light-years better than him and they also have cheaper options with upside in Favors and Kanter. Biedrins is probably no better than their #4 big man but he'd make $9 million a year. They need more guards, not more big men.

The only way it makes any sense is if they have a deal in place to get an impact guard for Jefferson or Millsap. Then they'd still have 3 bigs with production/potential (and Biedrins) and add several picks (albiet late ones). Even then, it seems odd that they'd take on a bad deal for a backup big for a couple of late firsts (the Bulls wouldn't tank nearly hard enough for that to be a good pick with two sure-fire starters coming back and another potential one with the pick).

Plus the Bulls get what is probably 3 of the 4 best assets in the deal, with the two players having expiring contracts (maybe keep Wright, probably not Harris). That's usually a bad sign for the viability of a deal.

I'm honestly not that happy with the return for two first round draft picks, Deng, plus perhaps another player. I don't know, I'd deal with it I suppose. I always thought Devin Harris was a nice player and would fill in really well for Derrick, but I honestly don't know much about Wright beyond the expiring contract.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 25 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #53

Bench

Member No.: 1,962

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 25 2012, 09:28 AM) *
Moved to the offseason rumor thread

I think both are plausible deals, which means they won't happen. lol. Does Marion have anything left in the tank?

10-7-2 with ORtg of 100 and DRtg of 102.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 25 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #54

Bench

Adrian WojnarowskiWojYahooNBA 3 hrs
The Bulls have privately assured Luol Deng that there's "no chance" of a deal sending him to the Warriors, league source tells Y!

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 25 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #55

Bench

K.C JohnsonKCJHoop 3 hrs
Not sure why Deng to Golden State rumors remain. GS over cap, which would defeat purpose of trading into cap space and not taking back $.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 25 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #56

Bench

Chicago Bullschicagobulls 4 hrs
Fit for the Kings? #Bulls’ Luol Deng likely staying put, writes @SamSmithHoops bit.ly/Q2Q1UD with the @NBA Draft approaching

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 25 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #57

Bench

Sam SmithSamSmithHoops 49 secs
Lots of talk regarding Luol Deng and not a whole lot of action anticipated
bit.ly/Q2Q1UD

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 25 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #58

Bench

Marc BermanNYPost_Berman 2 hrs
Not good for #Knicks as Nash says money big factor in free agency. Grunwald may only have $3M midlevel - not $5M nyp.st/LlSips

While saying he is still “open to everything’’, Steve Nash acknowledged money will be a big factor in his free-agent decision and admitted former coach Mike D’Antoni would have been a plus for the Knicks’ chances of landing him.

The Knicks have neither – a large amount of money to offer nor D’Antoni, making them a longshot. Nash’s coach in Phoenix resigned in March after his feud with Carmelo Anthony.

Either way, Nash is expected to get larger offers, especially from his club, Phoenix. Certainly, a $3 million mid-level offer won’t be competitive.
Appearing on ESPN Radio on Monday to promote his soccer tournament Wednesday in Chinatown, Nash was asked whether winning a title or being compensated financially was more important. Most athletes talk about winning a title as the only driving force but Nash didn’t go down that road.

“I definitely feel I want to be validated monetarily to an extent,’’ Nash said. “It’s still very important. I think money in many ways represents respect. For example, if you sign with a team and take half or less money, six months later they trade you. It has to be one of the factors. It’s not everything but it is important and will be one of the factors involved.’’

“Yeah, It sounds like a company line but my situation right now is I’m open to anything,’’ Nash said. “I really don’t know until the 1st what concrete opportunties will be there. But I’ll definitely look at every situation comes my way Sunday and not close myself to any opportunities.’’
The Knicks will attempt to sell Nash on the club not being so far away from reigning champion Miami.

“It’s nice to have that idea, I want to win a championship,’’ Nash said. “That’s also difficult. You can turn down a ton of money for a team you think can win a championship and there’s an injury and the chemistry isn’t right and you’re traded in six months. I have to put all the things into the hat.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/a...M#ixzz1yqWHlcXh

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 27 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #59

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I wish we could get rid of Luol. I don't know why the organization is so fond of him. He shouldn't have been an All-Star last year.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 27 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #60

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 27 2012, 09:16 AM) *
I wish we could get rid of Luol. I don't know why the organization is so fond of him. He shouldn't have been an All-Star last year.

Ya I think it makes a ton of sense to do it this year, and by this year I mean today or tomorrow. I suppose he may have more value next year if he comes back and has a good season, teams may be hesitant to trade for a guy whos gonna miss 1/3 of the season...I just hope they move him before free agency next year and couple it with the amnesty of Booze and make a run at a guy like Hardin (who hopefully OKC doesn't have enough $$ to sign).

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 10:04 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home