> Bulls listed as potenial spot for Roy
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 26 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: Chicago, Dallas and Indiana among contenders pursuing free agent guard Brandon Roy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 26 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #2

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 109

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 26 2012, 08:51 AM) *
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: Chicago, Dallas and Indiana among contenders pursuing free agent guard Brandon Roy.

I was always fond of him, but honestly haven't heard his name for a while. Is he healthy?

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 26 2012, 09:11 AM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 1,962

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26 2012, 08:52 AM) *
I was always fond of him, but honestly haven't heard his name for a while. Is he healthy?

He's visiting Kobe's knee doctor, though some medical experts are saying it'll do nothing for Roy.

But if the Bulls work him out and he looks good...why not?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 26 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 21

In the Bulls cap position, you are forced to take on a few more lottery tickets than most teams. This would be a lottery ticket. If he hits, it would be f@#$ing huge. If not, it is only a year or two at a low number.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 26 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 109

This seems like a worthy gamble, but I'm sure he won't be getting any money right? I don't think anyone would give this guy mid-level money...but this is the NBA where guys like Kwame Brown make a hundred million in a career

+Quote Post
justBLAZE
post Jun 27 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #6

Draft Pick

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,840

I feel like he should visit the doctor first before making any statements about wanting to come back.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 27 2012, 07:44 AM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 27 2012, 03:29 AM) *
I feel like he should visit the doctor first before making any statements about wanting to come back.

I'm sure he has visited more doctors in the past year than I have in my lifetime.

+Quote Post
knightni
post Jun 27 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #8

Draft Pick

Member No.: 1,923

To be honest, I have no interest in Roy.

He looks like a waste of money.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 27 2012, 09:10 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I doubt he'll be anything close to his old self, and if he is he'll get more than the tax-payer MLE.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 27 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #10

12th Man

Member No.: 183

On a 1 year contract in what many consider a write off year I can't see it hurting the Bulls at all but it could potentially help. What kind of shooter was he?? Did he get most of his points driving to the basket or was he a good mid range guy??

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 27 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 27 2012, 10:52 AM) *
On a 1 year contract in what many consider a write off year I can't see it hurting the Bulls at all but it could potentially help. What kind of shooter was he?? Did he get most of his points driving to the basket or was he a good mid range guy??

When he was 100% healthy, he was an all-around stud. He could convert off the drive and got to the line quite a bit, he was a very good mid-range shooter and could still score even if he didn't get all the way to the rim on a drive, and he was serviceable from deep.

He wasn't very good his last year though, which is probably closer to what you can expect. His attempts at the rim were way down, and he didn't shoot as well from any range either. Even if he rebounds as a mid-range shooter, he's going to be a lot easier to cover without the threat of the drive.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27 2012, 11:02 AM) *
When he was 100% healthy, he was an all-around stud. He could convert off the drive and got to the line quite a bit, he was a very good mid-range shooter and could still score even if he didn't get all the way to the rim on a drive, and he was serviceable from deep.

He wasn't very good his last year though, which is probably closer to what you can expect. His attempts at the rim were way down, and he didn't shoot as well from any range either. Even if he rebounds as a mid-range shooter, he's going to be a lot easier to cover without the threat of the drive.

In his prime he was an elite 2G....I don't know of many players that would go into Boston and call out Paul Pierce the way he did on the floor and walk away winning the battle.

However- the main aspect for me to look at is the Blazers have NO interest in him. I understand they now have Wes Matthews and there isn't a need for Roy, but you'd think they 'd want to be that first team to give him another chance.......but they're not.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 27 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #13

12th Man

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 10:39 AM) *
In his prime he was an elite 2G....I don't know of many players that would go into Boston and call out Paul Pierce the way he did on the floor and walk away winning the battle.

However- the main aspect for me to look at is the Blazers have NO interest in him. I understand they now have Wes Matthews and there isn't a need for Roy, but you'd think they 'd want to be that first team to give him another chance.......but they're not.

Because of issues with insurance and NBA bylaws, Roy couldn't return to the Portland Trail Blazers (as he pointed out on Conroy's Twitter feed) until the 2014-15 season, when the contract extension he signed in the summer of 2010 ends.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-don...42332--nba.html

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 27 2012, 11:52 AM) *

Well that certainly explains a lot! Thanks!

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 27 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #15

12th Man

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Well that certainly explains a lot! Thanks!

Yup no problem, just read that this morning so I thought I'd share.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:06 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home