> 2012 offseason FA/trade rumor thread
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #61

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 27 2012, 10:16 AM) *
I wish we could get rid of Luol. I don't know why the organization is so fond of him. He shouldn't have been an All-Star last year.

Lu was an all-star last season for what he did in '10 as he got the shaft when Bosh was taken over him.

I'm not a fan of moving Lu for just anything, but if the Bulls got a lottery pick they really liked and dropped Lu's salary at the same time......I can't argue considering it will be very difficult for the Bulls to win it all next year with losing Rose for so much of the year.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 27 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #62

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 11:53 AM) *
Lu was an all-star last season for what he did in '10 as he got the shaft when Bosh was taken over him.

Chris Bosh had a PER of 25 that year, while Deng had a 16.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 27 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #63

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 1,962

Luol Deng was a gratuity All-Star like Mo Williams and Jameer Nelson.

I was happy for him, but let's not act like he was a bonafide All-Star.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 27 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #64

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Exactly.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #65

6th Man

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2012, 02:22 PM) *
Luol Deng was a gratuity All-Star like Mo Williams and Jameer Nelson.

I was happy for him, but let's not act like he was a bonafide All-Star.

Agree to disagree.

Lu often draws the toughest cover and is our best defender....Lu for President.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #66

6th Man

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Exactly.

No.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 27 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #67

Bench

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Agree to disagree.

Lu often draws the toughest cover and is our best defender....Lu for President.

Sure, when we play the Heat or the Knicks, he draws our toughest cover. I can't think of many other teams where he would. Lakers maybe.

And he is our 2nd best defender. Noah is the best one in my opinion.

Look, Deng is a good two way player, but his value will never be higher than this and last time we negotiated a contract with him, he was a pain in the ass.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 27 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #68

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Sure, when we play the Heat or the Knicks, he draws our toughest cover. I can't think of many other teams where he would. Lakers maybe.

Look, Deng is a good two way player, but his value will never be higher than this and last time we negotiated a contract with him, he was a pain in the ass.

I really still do not think this is true. He gets closer to being an expiring deal next year, and I think the wrist injury would be a major concern for any contending team that could be itnerested in him.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 27 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #69

12th Man

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2012, 03:36 PM) *

[b]And he is our 2nd best defender. Noah is the best one in my opinion.[/b]

You can argue Taj being better than Lu too...I also think Butler can be on par with Deng defensively, you dont bring a kid in to guard Bron and Melo unless he's a really good defensive player.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 27 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #70

12th Man

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 27 2012, 03:44 PM) *
I really still do not think this is true. He gets closer to being an expiring deal next year, and I think the wrist injury would be a major concern for any contending team that could be itnerested in him.

As I posted in another thread I agree with this... I will say though that I like this draft class so making a deal today or tomorrow is somewhat ideal. Also, since this coming up year is being considered a write off year, it'd be nice to get that rookie this year and let him gel with the team.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 27 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #71

Bench

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 27 2012, 03:47 PM) *
You can argue Taj being better than Lu too...I also think Butler can be on par with Deng defensively, you dont bring a kid in to guard Bron and Melo unless he's a really good defensive player.

This is true.

Butler actually did a good job slowing down Bron and Melo for the brief moments he was on them. It's because he's mobile, but is somewhat built so he can get in their way.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #72

6th Man

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2012, 03:36 PM) *

So when we play the Sixers (Iggy), Celts (Pierce), Raps (DeRozan), Pacers (Granger)....all are teams we'll see in the regular season and potentially in the playoffs within the next two years.

In the West you've got the Thunder (Durant), Lakers (Kobe), Ginobli (Spurs), Grizz (Gay) hell he's even drawn Dirk during spirts.

Add the Knicks/Heat into the mix and that adds to about 34 games of the regular season and almost half of the schedule where he would draw those covers.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #73

6th Man

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2012, 04:05 PM) *
This is true.

Butler actually did a good job slowing down Bron and Melo for the brief moments he was on them. It's because he's mobile, but is somewhat built so he can get in their way.

I felt Butler covered Melo better than any Bull when they saw the Knicks last year.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 27 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #74

Bench

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 04:10 PM) *
So when we play the Sixers (Iggy), Celts (Pierce), Raps (DeRozan), Pacers (Granger)....all are teams we'll see in the regular season and potentially in the playoffs within the next two years.

In the West you've got the Thunder (Durant), Lakers (Kobe), Ginobli (Spurs), Grizz (Gay) hell he's even drawn Dirk during spirts.

Add the Knicks/Heat into the mix and that adds to about 34 games of the regular season and almost half of the schedule where he would draw those covers.

I'll give you Granger and Durant.

Sixers don't have a "toughest cover"...but it wouldn't be Iggy. Celts' hardest is Rondo. Raptors don't count as a team. Grizzlies' toughest is Z-Bo or Marc Gasol.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 27 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #75

6th Man

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2012, 04:15 PM) *
I'll give you Granger and Durant.

Sixers don't have a "toughest cover"...but it wouldn't be Iggy. Celts' hardest is Rondo. Raptors don't count as a team. Grizzlies' toughest is Z-Bo or Marc Gasol.

Iggy, Pierece, DeRozan and Gay all get the ball down the stretch and Deng has to guard them.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 06:26 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home