IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2012 Pre-Draft Talk, Because it's never too early.
Quinarvy
post Jun 21 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #16

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 1,962

I really wish we could get J. Lamb or Ross. They'd both compliment Rose immensely.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 22 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #17

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

NBA draft.net has the Bulls with Deron Lamb UK

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 22 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #18

Bench

Member No.: 109

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 22 2012, 03:40 PM) *
NBA draft.net has the Bulls with Deron Lamb UK

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

I'd be happy with that. That site is a nice resource too.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 22 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #19

Bench

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 22 2012, 08:48 PM) *
I'd be happy with that. That site is a nice resource too.

I'd be happy with Lamb.

I also want Marcus Denmon as an undrafted FA. Kid could be a BG/Jason Terry in the NBA. Great spot up shooter, ice in his veins, and plays D.

I know I say that as a Mizzou homer, but of all the players I saw last year: Robinson, White, English (who I was lab partners with), Taylor, etc. Denmon impressed me the most. Yes, over Robinson who I'd love for the Bulls to snag if they move up to 5 and Barnes and Beal are gone. The kid single handedly defeated Kansas with some just flat out ridiculous shots. They knew he was getting the ball. With a man in his face, he just rose up and sunk a beyond NBA three.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 23 2012, 09:20 AM
Post #20

Bench

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22 2012, 11:06 PM) *
I'd be happy with Lamb.

I also want Marcus Denmon as an undrafted FA. Kid could be a BG/Jason Terry in the NBA. Great spot up shooter, ice in his veins, and plays D.

I know I say that as a Mizzou homer, but of all the players I saw last year: Robinson, White, English (who I was lab partners with), Taylor, etc. Denmon impressed me the most. Yes, over Robinson who I'd love for the Bulls to snag if they move up to 5 and Barnes and Beal are gone. The kid single handedly defeated Kansas with some just flat out ridiculous shots. They knew he was getting the ball. With a man in his face, he just rose up and sunk a beyond NBA three.

I can't say I saw enough of Denmon to really know if he'd be worth a shot, but I wonder what it means that we seem eager to get many players that are predicted to go late in the 1st round in a supposedly very thin NBA draft.

Either the popular talent evaluation is sh!#, or we're missing something because I like Deron Lamb almost as much as anyone at his position.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 23 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #21

Bench

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 23 2012, 10:20 AM) *
I can't say I saw enough of Denmon to really know if he'd be worth a shot, but I wonder what it means that we seem eager to get many players that are predicted to go late in the 1st round in a supposedly very thin NBA draft.

Either the popular talent evaluation is sh!#, or we're missing something because I like Deron Lamb almost as much as anyone at his position.

I've never seen this described as a very thin draft. I've always heard it described as deep with talent and role players. Superstar talent towards the top, but likely only Davis becomes a superstar. The rest of top few picks have the talent to. Then some guys who could become all-stars (not perennial) in the right situation. Then just deep with role players.

Also, Doron Lamb* tongue.gif

But here's a video of Denmon.

I thought both would be clear misses when he took them.

Marcus Denmon entered his final season at Missouri as an under the radar prospect, coming off a successful junior campaign, but lacking the ideal physical profile of an NBA shooting guard. Denmon has not disappointed as a senior, assuming a more prominent role as a scorer in Missouri's offense while leading the Tigers to a 27-4 record and a potential #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Though he is responsible for 20% of Missouri's offensive possessions and 22.6% of Missouri's total field goal attempts, he has continued to play the same brand of extremely efficient basketball, shooting 53% from 2-point range and 42% for 3, while coughing the ball up on just 9% of his possessions and averaging only 1.3 turnovers per 40 minutes pace adjusted. This is particularly impressive given his expanded role as Missouri's primary scoring option.

On film, Denmon continues to excel as a perimeter shooter with his feet set, both guarded and unguarded, and he sports a picture perfect release with range that extends well beyond the NBA three-point line. Only 20% of his shots come off pull-up jumpers, demonstrating the narrowly tailored role Denmon plays for Missouri, as well as his patience and shot-selection—which helps explain why he's such an efficient player.

Despite looking slightly more aggressive looking to take his man off the dribble, Denmon remains a limited shot-creator due to his average size, strength, explosiveness and ball-handling skills. Very opportunistic in transition, off cuts, or on straight line drives, Denmon is able to keep defenses honest just enough to not be labeled as a one-dimensional player.

Denmon certainly has solid tools and fundamentals on the defensive end of the floor, where he guards every perimeter position. He displays good lateral quickness and quick hands, but at 6'3 with a wiry 185-pound frame and an average wingspan, it remains to be seen whether he can guard NBA-sized shooting guards on a consistent basis.

Despite coming off of an excellent senior season, Denmon still has work to do in terms of carving out a role for himself at the NBA level. Though he possesses excellent intangibles as an extremely tough, smart, hard-working and winning attitude, he is still not remotely a point guard; remains extremely undersized for the shooting guard position; and lacks the elite athleticism to compensate. He has improved his offensive arsenal as a senior, however, continuing to prove himself as an extremely efficient perimeter scoring threat, but will need to fall into the right situation in the NBA to stick and make an impact. Denmon should have plenty of opportunities in the NCAA Tournament, and during the pre-draft process to continue to prove to scouts that he has what it takes to fill a niche as a sparkplug scorer in the NBA.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1ydwQ6J2W
http://www.draftexpress.com

Basically, I can see him filling a Korver role as the main shooter off the bench.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 23 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #22

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 23 2012, 01:48 PM) *
I've never seen this described as a very thin draft. I've always heard it described as deep with talent and role players. Superstar talent towards the top, but likely only Davis becomes a superstar. The rest of top few picks have the talent to. Then some guys who could become all-stars (not perennial) in the right situation. Then just deep with role players.

That seems to be fairly accurate. Everyone else in the top-10 has some flaws so you can't say it's a stellar draft, but there are a number of guys that can turn into starting caliber players. Getting someone as athletic as either Jones outside of the top-10 sounds pretty good to me.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 24 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #23

Bench

If you have the 5 pick, which SF do you want to see fall to you - Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist?

The common thought I suppose is that Barnes has more upside while Kidd-Gilchrist is a "safer" pick. I don't know that either fits the team better, though I think Kidd-Gilchrist is a better defender. Neither shoots the ball well from deep or creates their own shot well, which are things that we'd ideally be getting from that position (or at least an impact acquisition in general). Kidd-Gilchrist may fit in better when we run the court and I think I like his driving ability in the half-court better than the inconsistent mid-range game of Barnes.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 24 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #24

Bench

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24 2012, 12:04 PM) *
If you have the 5 pick, which SF do you want to see fall to you - Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist?

The common thought I suppose is that Barnes has more upside while Kidd-Gilchrist is a "safer" pick. I don't know that either fits the team better, though I think Kidd-Gilchrist is a better defender. Neither shoots the ball well from deep or creates their own shot well, which are things that we'd ideally be getting from that position (or at least an impact acquisition in general). Kidd-Gilchrist may fit in better when we run the court and I think I like his driving ability in the half-court better than the inconsistent mid-range game of Barnes.

Barnes is a good shooter though and one of his skills is that he can create his own shot, though limited. He can improve on both, but those are his skills. And while MKG will be a great defender, Barnes has the tools and work ethic to become a Deng-esque defender under Thibs.

I'd love to do this crazy fantasy:

Bulls In: #5, Garcia, #16/#17, #25
Bulls Out: Deng, Cats Pick, #29, $3M , Asik (in principle), Future Pick

Deng is sent to the Kings for #5 and Garcia, used on Barnes.
Cats Pick + Asik for #16 (Rockets) or #17 (Mavs). Used on Terrence Ross.
#29 + Future Pick for #25 from Grizzlies. Used on Melo or Ezeli.

Gives you:

PG - FA/Watson
SG - Rip/Ross/Garcia
SF - Barnes/Butler/Garcia
PF - Boozer/Taj
C - Noah/Melo or Ezeli

Now, this would make 2012-2013 a lost season unless Ross and Barnes make a crazy impact right away. But then we get this roster a year or two down the road:

PG - Rose
SG - Ross
SF - Barnes/Butler
PF - Mirotic/Taj
C - Noah/Melo-Ezeli

Two players would make a nice chunk of change off the bat: Rose and Noah
Two players would make decent change: Mirotic and Taj
Four players on rookie scale deals: Ross, Barnes, Butler, and Melo/Ezeli.

That leaves you plenty of cap to fill in holes.

But seriously, I'd love to walk away with Barnes and Ross in this draft.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 24 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #25

Bench

If I could have a second pick in the Top 15, I'd draft Meyers Leonard in a heartbeat and say goodbye to Omer forever

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 24 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #26

Bench

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24 2012, 01:58 PM) *
If I could have a second pick in the Top 15, I'd draft Meyers Leonard in a heartbeat and say goodbye to Omer forever

I feel Leonard will be the second biggest bust of this draft, behind Drummond.

Plus, we need someone who can become a starting SG, not someone to backup Rose's BFF.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 24 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #27

Bench

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24 2012, 02:03 PM) *
I feel Leonard will be the second biggest bust of this draft, behind Drummond.

Plus, we need someone who can become a starting SG, not someone to backup Rose's BFF.

Unless his attitude gets worse (I don't think it will from my personal interactions with him), he's at worse a Joakim Noah type player. The difference? He's taller, more athletic, and has incredible offensive skills for a college sophomore post player. I think had he spent another year in college he would have been a Top 3 kind of pick...assuming Groce would have coached him.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 24 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #28

Bench

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24 2012, 02:10 PM) *
Unless his attitude gets worse (I don't think it will from my personal interactions with him), he's at worse a Joakim Noah type player. The difference? He's taller, more athletic, and has incredible offensive skills for a college sophomore post player. I think had he spent another year in college he would have been a Top 3 kind of pick...assuming Groce would have coached him.

I just think he's incredibly lazy. The anti-Noah.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 24 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #29

Bench

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24 2012, 03:45 PM) *
I just think he's incredibly lazy. The anti-Noah.

I don't think he's lazy at all. It's like Alex Rios -- dumb sometimes, yes. Lazy, no. I blame his coach for that.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 24 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #30

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Definitely Barnes over Gilchrist. MKG might be a better player, but he doesn't have any way to generate offense right now. Barnes can struggle with that as well, but he can at least shoot reasonably well.

As for Leonard, he strikes me as a backup center. He's not the most physical or consistent player in college and that's going to get tougher in the league. He has potential though.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 12:14 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home