Closed TopicStart new topic
> Bulls vs Wizards official game thread, feb. 23, 7pm start
chilord
post Feb 23 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #46

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

Gotta love back to back ground gaining. This team looks infinitely superior to the team that dragged into the ASB.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 23 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #47

Superstar

Member No.: 73

T-TIME with ANOTHER block!

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 23 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #48

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 23 2007, 09:32 PM) *
T-TIME with ANOTHER block!

..and ANOTHER turnover.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:29 PM) *
What do you know. Tyrus Thomas blocks a shot, then turns it right over.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 23 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #49

Superstar

Member No.: 73

O well it was meaningless, last few seconds of the game.

+Quote Post
danman31
post Feb 23 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #50

12th Man

Member No.: 107

Solid win for the Bulls. They played well on the whole despite still having that 3rd quarter lull (well end of the quarter). Deng drops 30+ with a double double after the deadline passes...

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Feb 23 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #51

Bench

Member No.: 56

Whats with all the hate soxfan1? TT has been a force defensively at times and we knew when drafting him that he was going to be a project. Also I dont know how anyone could not like that block where he landed on his ass, nobody else makes that block on this team not even Wallace. I think you need to get off your high horse or whatevr and sit back and enjoy.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 23 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #52

6th Man

Member No.: 477

TT will be one hell of a player if he continues to work on his game!He seems like a shawn marion type!

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 23 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #53

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Tyrus Thomas right now to my eyes is the best possible example of the type of player who is going to work great in the Paxson/Skiles system.

Tyrus is clearly ungodly raw, and has been all season. But on the other hand, he's also ungodly talented. Literally he's Amare Stoudemire level of talent. Insane jumping abilities, insanely quick reactions, skills that can be turned into great B-Ball players. But he's just so freaking raw it can frustrate people.

That's why it's so important the system he's in. Yes, Skiles is restrictive, yes he makes up insane rules, yes Paxson already fined Tyrus for stupid remarks. But this is exactly what a raw player needs. Some playing time for him to learn, a lot of time on the bench to watch people, time to keep working out and building himself up, and as hard of practices as humanly possible.

Going through that same set of obstacles has helped Ben Gordon turn from being a last second shot guy to a non-terrible defender who can light up the opposition, has helped Hinrich turn into one of the best, if not the best defensive guard in the league, and taken Deng from a raw 19 year old to a 18-8 per night guy who seems destined to be a yearly all-star in a year or two.

Skiles hasn't turned a big guy into a star yet, but I can't think of a better system for him to be put into where he can grow into a player who can score 20, rebound 10, and block 5 per night. He has the potential...it's ungodly raw, but it's clearly there, and I think Skiles's system is as good of a place as he could possibly be.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 23 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #54

Superstar

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:56 PM) *
Whats with all the hate soxfan1? TT has been a force defensively at times and we knew when drafting him that he was going to be a project. Also I dont know how anyone could not like that block where he landed on his ass, nobody else makes that block on this team not even Wallace. I think you need to get off your high horse or whatevr and sit back and enjoy.

Honestly, I don't even know why I hate him. Just watching him play just ercks the hell out of me. It gets to the point where I want to change the channel to prevent further frustration. I guess I just don't see the potential that everyone else sees. IMO, at best, he is a poor mans Kenyon Martin.

And Balta, comparing him to Stoudemire is a complete insult.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 23 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #55

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 23 2007, 08:31 PM) *
And Balta, comparing him to Stoudemire is a complete insult.

I totally understand why you can and would say that. The kid is just raw as hell, to the point of being insanely frustrating. In fact, with the way he's played, I will say that it is probably difficult to defend a pro-TT position all things considered. He's just so undisicplined offensively it should make you sick, and his defense is totally based on his jumping ability. But personally, ,just watching him play, I think there is just more room for growth than almost any player I've seen. Just based on what he has to offer, if he fits well in the system and keeps working, I think he'll wind up being the star of last year's draft. I wasn't convinced when we drafted him, but just seeing his raw ability on the court this season has pushed me that way. He may be perhaps Skiles's biggest challenge, but I think everyone involved is up to the task.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 23 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #56

Superstar

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Feb 23 2007, 10:41 PM) *
I totally understand why you can and would say that. The kid is just raw as hell, to the point of being insanely frustrating. In fact, with the way he's played, I will say that it is probably difficult to defend a pro-TT position all things considered. He's just so undisicplined offensively it should make you sick, and his defense is totally based on his jumping ability. But personally, ,just watching him play, I think there is just more room for growth than almost any player I've seen. Just based on what he has to offer, if he fits well in the system and keeps working, I think he'll wind up being the star of last year's draft. I wasn't convinced when we drafted him, but just seeing his raw ability on the court this season has pushed me that way. He may be perhaps Skiles's biggest challenge, but I think everyone involved is up to the task.

That sounds like the nice way of saying he sucks. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 23 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #57

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 23 2007, 08:43 PM) *
That sounds like the nice way of saying he sucks. wink.gif

I'm not going to disagree with you. But unlike some sucky players, he's sucky with the ability to dominate. It's sort of remarkable, but there will be games, seemingly today (I didna watch) where he comes out and does jack squat to help this team, while there will be other games where he comes out and blocks 5 shots in a quarter (and 2 are incorrectly called goaltends), which is something we've also seen this year.

He's inconsistent. But I for one have difficulty getting over his ability. He needs teaching...but he needs teaching in things you can teach. You can't teach reactions, you can't teach quickness, you can't teach jumping. You can teach low post moves, you can teach intelligent decision making. Tyrus is great on the things you can't teach, but terrible on the things you need to teach. I think he can be taught. And if it turns out Skiles can't teach him...then around 09, after a couple years trial...it may be time for both a new coach and a new player. But then again...I think this is going to work shockingly well in a year or two.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Feb 24 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #58

Bench

Member No.: 56

next couple of seasons I expect to see great improvement out of the kid. He has shown flashes of it already this season and unlike Deng/Gordon on their rookie years when we didnt have enough talent so we were forced to play them he has been doing it in limited time.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Feb 24 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #59

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

tyrus just needs to gain some muscle on his upper body, and work hard in the offseason and he will be fine

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:40 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home