> Draft Buzz, only a few days to go
Sanitarium
post Jun 20 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/7444

maybe some pieces are starting to come together....

Two different sources have indicated to NBADraft.net on Friday that the Pistons have a promise in place to take BJ Mullens if he's available to the them at 15.

The all time leading scorer in the ACC is considered a surefire contributor (safe pick), which in a weak draft is a valued commodity. Hansbrough may have leapfrogged DeJuan Blair who continues to impress in workouts himself.

It's looking very likely that if he gets to them the Bulls will take DeJuan Blair. Blair makes a lot of sense as he would work well platooning with the longer and more versatile Joakim Noah at the 4 position. Blair's toughness and ability to rebound would fill a huge void for a team that was 20th in rebounds last year.

Teams with multiple picks such as Sacramento (23), Oklahoma City (25) and Chicago (26) are all looking to sell their picks according to sources. While three other teams would like to buy picks late in the first round: San Antonio, Detroit and Houston.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 20 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

so its detroit who made the promise to mullens. not that i dont like mullens, i just dont like draft promises.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 21 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 20 2009, 01:32 PM) *
so its detroit who made the promise to mullens. not that i dont like mullens, i just dont like draft promises.

Especially in this kind of draft where there isn't a ton of seperation between prospects and you don't know who is going to fall...

I forgot where I read it, but there was a rumor that the Bulls are/were trying to trade 16 and 29 to the Nets for #11, supposedly targeting Gerald Henderson. Seems a bit weird to me, but if that's who they really want they can save a little money by only getting one guy and having one less guaranteed contract.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 23 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

si truth and rumors
The Bulls have held trade talks with several teams about packaging the 16th and 26th picks into one higher selection, with two league sources insisting the target is Duke shooting guard Gerald Henderson.

wouldnt surprise me they really like henderson. i would be ok with that, henderson is a good player. wouldnt that leave us with a crowded backcourt again?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 23 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:14 AM) *
si truth and rumors

wouldnt surprise me they really like henderson. i would be ok with that, henderson is a good player. wouldnt that leave us with a crowded backcourt again?

Depends on what happens re: Hinrich and Gordon.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 23 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I don't understand Gerald Henderson. If were looking at him, why not just draft Terrence Williams who is the better player all around with a slightly worse shot? I have a feeling it's between Johnson and Henderson I hope it's Johnson. At 257 he's big enough to play the 4 but he's sort of a tweener because he has a nice shot. The thing is, if we get him we almost HAVE to trade one of our front court players. I'm hoping the Bulls pull a semi block buster deal on draft night whether it be the improbable Bosh/Amare deal or something lesser like Kirk Hinrich. We need to start shaping the team in the mold of Derrick Rose. Hinrich is not going to want to come off the bench next year, that's almost guaranteed.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 23 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 23 2009, 02:29 PM) *
I don't understand Gerald Henderson. If were looking at him, why not just draft Terrence Williams who is the better player all around with a slightly worse shot? I have a feeling it's between Johnson and Henderson I hope it's Johnson. At 257 he's big enough to play the 4 but he's sort of a tweener because he has a nice shot. The thing is, if we get him we almost HAVE to trade one of our front court players. I'm hoping the Bulls pull a semi block buster deal on draft night whether it be the improbable Bosh/Amare deal or something lesser like Kirk Hinrich. We need to start shaping the team in the mold of Derrick Rose. Hinrich is not going to want to come off the bench next year, that's almost guaranteed.

Henderson is better in almost every aspect of basketball than Williams.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 23 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #8

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Henderson is better in almost every aspect of basketball than Williams.

Not at all. Williams is a much better rebounder/passer/playmaker and leader than Gerald Henderson. Not too mention he's also taller and will be asked to do the exact same thing Henderson will do which is defend.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 23 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

what if derozan were to fall to 11, would you want him over henderson, williams, and johnson?

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 23 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 23 2009, 03:07 PM) *
Not at all. Williams is a much better rebounder/passer/playmaker and leader than Gerald Henderson. Not too mention he's also taller and will be asked to do the exact same thing Henderson will do which is defend.

Only because Williams is more athletic. Henderson is much more skilled and an overall better basketball player. Williams is also all of one inch taller than Henderson, so physically they're similar. And part of why Williams rebounded more was the fact that they played him at forward a decent amount. Henderson's numbers were better almost across the board. Henderson is also a much better finisher around the hoop and is able to get to the line, both of which are pretty big problems for the Bulls. Henderson was able to be successful in a half court offense where as Williams wasn't efficient at all in a transition offense.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 23 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Chicago has talked to the Nets, Bobcats and Pacers about swapping No. 16 and No. 26 to get into the lottery. It sounds like the Bulls are down to one potential trade partner in the lottery.

The Nets are leaning strongly toward keeping their pick at No. 11. And if the Bobcats made a promise to Williams at No. 12, they're out, too. That leaves the Pacers at No. 13.

The Pacers have been one of the hardest teams to peg in the draft. DeJuan Blair, Tyler Hansbrough, Eric Maynor, Ty Lawson and Jeff Teague all are on their board right now. If the Bulls want any of those guys -- or the guys the Suns (No. 14) and Pistons (No. 15) are looking at -- they'll have to make the deal.
Ford today

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 23 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #12

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23 2009, 04:15 PM) *
Only because Williams is more athletic. Henderson is much more skilled and an overall better basketball player. Williams is also all of one inch taller than Henderson, so physically they're similar. And part of why Williams rebounded more was the fact that they played him at forward a decent amount. Henderson's numbers were better almost across the board. Henderson is also a much better finisher around the hoop and is able to get to the line, both of which are pretty big problems for the Bulls. Henderson was able to be successful in a half court offense where as Williams wasn't efficient at all in a transition offense.

Well wouldn't you agree that none of them are really great additions if in fact Ben Gordon leaves? We could then be one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league. That's why I'd just go big man and try to look towards a move that either frees up space to resign BG or get somebody that can.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 23 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 23 2009, 05:17 PM) *
Well wouldn't you agree that none of them are really great additions if in fact Ben Gordon leaves? We could then be one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league. That's why I'd just go big man and try to look towards a move that either frees up space to resign BG or get somebody that can.

I've been saying for a while that my best case scenario draft for the Bulls would be BJ Mullens/Dajuan Blair at 16 and Wayne Ellington at 26.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 23 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 3

It sounds like we won't take anyone at 26. We are either going to trade that pick or go with a euro player at 26 who will stay overseas.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 23 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #15

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I'd rather have Henderson than Williams if it came down to it. Both are pretty good athletes, I guess I'd give a slight edge to Williams there even though their combine numbers were virtually identical. The only other edge that I'd say Williams has is as a distributor, which loses value with a guy like Rose on the roster (Nellie would love Terrence). You could probably argue defense too, though frankly I think some of it is that Williams played with way better defenders (Clark in particular). Henderson has a much better mid-range shot and is generally more efficient overall on offense. Williams has plenty of ability but settles for jumpers a lot more than he should and it adversely affects his shooting percentage.

While I'd take them, both of them are streaky outside shooters at best, making them a less than ideal fit for us. Much like Slav I think Ellington would be a great fit at 26 and allow us to go big at 16.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:41 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home