> Chicago Bulls Select Derrick Rose #1 overall
Steve9347
post Jun 26 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #1

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

link

The Bulls select Memphis freshman Derrick Rose. No shock here. He wore No. 23 for the Tigers, but for obvious reasons can't wear it in Chicago. Rose looks sharp in a grey-ish suit with grey and purple stripe tie. At least from my tiny TV on my desk at work. It's the Bulls first No. 1 pick since 1999. His nickname is "Pooh" from his grandma becuase he likes to eat sweets a lot. And it's fun to say. He has "Poohdini" tattooed on his shoulder. Oh my.

Jay Bilas tells us that Rose "can dunk with his elbows." This guy is good! Here comes the interview with the soft-spoken Stephen A. Smith. Nothing doing there. Doris Burke chats with him mom...she's happy he'll be nice and close.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Nice

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 26 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #3

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

Great news for the Bulls!!

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jun 26 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 64

I'm so glad I don't have to worry Pax will mess up anymore. Even if Beasley ends up being the better player I'm saying now that I am happy he went with Rose.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 26 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Well I'm glad the drama is over. Both Beasley and Rose will be AllStars for years to come; more than likely Beasley get their before our guy but playing point guard in this league is the toughest position to learn so I'm expecting him to grow as the year goes on. Beasley probably can come in right away and average 18 and 8 for the Heat but in the end I think taking Derrick was the right choice.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 26 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Rose will be throwing out the 1st pitch at the Cubs/Sox game tomorrow and affirmed that he was indeed a White Sox fan.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 26 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2008, 10:21 PM) *
affirmed that he was indeed a White Sox fan.

What a badass bullssmilie1.jpg headbang.gif

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jun 26 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 781

best thing about drafting rose right now: 100% certainty that chris duhon will never play in a bulls uniform again

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 26 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

affirmed that he was indeed a White Sox fan.

awesome, like him even more now. a CSN reporter asked him about throwing out the first pitch, and after he was like "what time does the game start?". laugh.gif listened to pax and vinny talk for a little and pax said "tyrus is going to be a much better player because of rose" sounds like he plans to keep tyrus.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 26 2008, 09:48 PM) *
best thing about drafting rose right now: 100% certainty that chris duhon will never play in a bulls uniform again

Don't be so sure. While I expect Duhon to be gone, you have to remember the franchise may move Hinrich now (as opposed to waiting a season to do it) and at that point you will be talking about Rose as the only PG and if this team plans on competing for the playoffs they'll need a veteran point guard to help Rose and that very well could be Duhon.

I wouldn't at all be opposed to keeping Hinrich for this season and letting him help the Bulls out while we go through Rose's growing pains. Not only do I think it will be good for Rose, but I still believe Hinrich is a good player and I'd expect his trade value to actually increase. However, it is obvious that the Bulls are going to have to clear out that gut of guards and the only two guys out of Hinrich/Rose/Sef/Gordon/Hughes that I wouldn't trade are Sef & Rose.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #11

All-Star

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 26 2008, 09:50 PM) *
awesome, like him even more now. a CSN reporter asked him about throwing out the first pitch, and after he was like "what time does the game start?". laugh.gif listened to pax and vinny talk for a little and pax said "tyrus is going to be a much better player because of rose" sounds like he plans to keep tyrus.

I like the guys that have been listed as potential assistant coaches (Bickerstaff and Harris would be tremenodus hires, but the Bulls will still need to get a legit big man coach and I'm curious as to who that will be). The big coach will be very key to the development of Tyrus and Noah. Probably more so Noah as he's a truer big but in Thomas case he clearly needs a different style of coaching and I think having Harris/Bick and Del Negro around should be good.

Rose may be able to help out Tyrus as well, but it won't be for another year or two. However, there is no denying Thomas athletic ability is top notch and greater than his current trade value so its probably best the Bulls keep Tyrus (and I personally have no problem keeping him because he is still incredibly young and talented, but if his attitude doesn't improve this season, than he's gone). Notice I said attitude and not production because I really think him getting stronger and better mentally is about all it will take for him to begin to reach his potential.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 26 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

just so you know Rose press conference wil be 11:00 am central on monday on CSN.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 26 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I think the most important part of Rose's game is his slashing ability, its Tony Parker-esque. His game virtually makes the Bulls an inside out team where Rose gets into the paint and can either put it up and get a foul or dish it out to a perimeter player for a wide open three pointer.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 28 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #14

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 27 2008, 12:32 AM) *
I think the most important part of Rose's game is his slashing ability, its Tony Parker-esque. His game virtually makes the Bulls an inside out team where Rose gets into the paint and can either put it up and get a foul or dish it out to a perimeter player for a wide open three pointer.

That's exactly how I feel. And that exactly why I would like to see BG stay a Bull. BG might actually average close to 25 ppg this year if him and Rose play big minutes together.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 29 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #15

All-Star

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 28 2008, 07:10 PM) *
That's exactly how I feel. And that exactly why I would like to see BG stay a Bull. BG might actually average close to 25 ppg this year if him and Rose play big minutes together.

I can't stand Ben Gordon, but it sounds like a lot of experts around the league have a similar opinion and because of that i'm guessing we'll end up seeing Gordon resigned to an extension.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:47 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home