> Al Harrington likes the Bulls?, part of building a solid 2007 team
beck72
post Apr 13 2006, 04:42 AM
Post #1

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 62

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bullnt131.html

Harrington would provide the Bulls with a quality low post player who can score in a half court game. Everyone knows the Bulls lack a scoring threat from the post. The best way to address this is via free agency [or trade though there are too many hypotheticals to consider]. Nocioni has been able to do well from the PF spot, both offensively and defensively. But having Noc split time with Deng at the SF and PF w/ Harrington would be a nice rotation, blending offense and defense. Keep Tyson at C and sign Antonio Davis for backup.

I know people expect the Bulls to draft Aldridge or Thomas. But neither will help the Bulls in 2007, esp. with the scoring down low. Say one or both are gone by the time the Bulls pick--who then? Right now, the pick would most likley be 3rd, with Port. and Char. w/ worse records.

If the Bulls sign Harrington, they could draft Brandon Roy with the Knicks pick. Roy would be fantastic with Gordon and Hinrich as the 3rd guard. Roy can create his own shot and pass off the dribble--to Gordon waiting at the 3pt line. He's one of the few lottery picks who could help right away and be a long time contributor in the league. Boston would sweep him up at #7.

With their own pick [right now the 12th] the bulls could grab a big man with potential but can help on defense right away--like Tiago Splitter or Saer Sene. Seeing how both Thomas and Aldridge may not even be there--or are locks to be all stars in the NBA, they should grab a sure thing like Roy. And then use the lower pick for a big guy with defensive ability and could reap big rewards in a few yrs.

Yet it all starts w/ getting a scoring threat for the post. With Harrington interested, and friends with Antonio Davis,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 13 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Harrington would be an excellent add for the Bulls and would provide the low post game to even out their offense. It would also open up Tyson a little more with the double teams that a guy like Harrington would allow.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Apr 13 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #3

Guests

Wow, great Article. Now alls the Bulls have to do is offer him a contract and it looks like hed sign it. I cant believe he described how he'd fit into OUR system. You know he wants to be a Bull then. But The Guy I really want this Offseason is Radmonovic. A SF/SG that is lights out shooting from threes. Would be a great Backup SG for whoever that is wether it be Ben Gordon or whomever.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 13 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Radmanivic would be a perfect big man for the Bulls offensive system. The high screen the Bulls big men set at the top of the key, and then at the free throwlines is almost a complete waste because the Bulls lack big men who can shoot from 15 plus feet out with Songalia hurt. Radmanovic would mean that the big man couldn't jump that screen and double the guard handling the ball, because then Rad could just turn and fire the wide open jumper. Right now the Bulls don't have that threat.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 13 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13 2006, 07:44 AM)
Radmanivic would be a perfect big man for the Bulls offensive system. The high screen the Bulls big men set at the top of the key, and then at the free throwlines is almost a complete waste because the Bulls lack big men who can shoot from 15 plus feet out with Songalia hurt. Radmanovic would mean that the big man couldn't jump that screen and double the guard handling the ball, because then Rad could just turn and fire the wide open jumper. Right now the Bulls don't have that threat.

At least for now, Vlad seems to suggest that he likes it on the Clippers and wants to stay there. (who woulda thunk that?)

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 13 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 13 2006, 09:51 AM)
At least for now, Vlad seems to suggest that he likes it on the Clippers and wants to stay there. (who woulda thunk that?)

Too bad. He would be an excellent signing for the Bulls system under Skiles. I wonder if the Bulls even plan on pursuing him at all. They could at least offer a starting job, while the Clips couldn't do so.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Apr 13 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13 2006, 10:47 AM)
Too bad. He would be an excellent signing for the Bulls system under Skiles. I wonder if the Bulls even plan on pursuing him at all. They could at least offer a starting job, while the Clips couldn't do so.

Ya, I hope they go after him, hes my number 2 FA signing for this offseason and he could play the SG even on ocassions.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 13 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 13 2006, 10:51 AM)
Ya, I hope they go after him, hes my number 2 FA signing for this offseason and he could play the SG even on ocassions.

I thought Rad was a 4? Am I wrong? If so nevermind, we don't need another small forward, and the money could be spent much better somewhere else.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 13 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Harrington isn't really a PF or a post scorer. He's a SF that plays out of position in Atlanta. He's not a good post defender, he's only averaging about 7 boards a game, and he doesn't block shots. He might weigh 245 pounds, but he doesn't play like it. He's a lot like Loul Deng, who's already on our roster and is a lot cheaper.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Apr 13 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13 2006, 10:58 AM)
I thought Rad was a 4? Am I wrong? If so nevermind, we don't need another small forward, and the money could be spent much better somewhere else.

Ya he is a 4. But has also played the 2 and 3 Throughout his career.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Apr 13 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 13 2006, 11:23 AM)
Harrington isn't really a PF or a post scorer. He's a SF that plays out of position in Atlanta. He's not a good post defender, he's only averaging about 7 boards a game, and he doesn't block shots. He might weigh 245 pounds, but he doesn't play like it. He's a lot like Loul Deng, who's already on our roster and is a lot cheaper.

We could really, really use 19 and 7 from a big man, athough I'll agree he's not primarily a post player. If we can get him for a reasonable price, I'm all for it. He's got talent, and what he's said about wanting to be with the Bulls is impressive. Just no huge money...

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 13 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 13 2006, 11:45 AM)
We could really, really use 19 and 7 from a big man, athough I'll agree he's not primarily a post player.  If we can get him for a reasonable price, I'm all for it.  He's got talent, and what he's said about wanting to be with the Bulls is impressive.  Just no huge money...

There are two problems with that...

First, it's probably not going to be reasonable money. I'd imagine that he gets a rather sizeable contract because he does have decent numbers in Atlanta and he's one of few FA's that can actually play.

Second, he's probably not going to be averaging quite as many points for us because we have more scoring options. I'd imagine he'll be scoring 17 a game tops for us, probably even less than that.

He's a decent player, and I'd normally like to have him. But he's basically another SF and he's probably going to cost us at least $10 mil a year. If his price is somehow reasonable and we don't have to do a sign and trade, then I suppose signing him can't hurt.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 13 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (beck72 @ Apr 13 2006, 04:35 AM)
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bullnt131.html

Harrington would provide the Bulls with a quality low post player who can score in a half court game. Everyone knows the Bulls lack a scoring threat from the post. The best way to address this is via free agency [or trade though there are too many hypotheticals to consider]. Nocioni has been able to do well from the PF spot, both offensively and defensively. But having Noc split time with Deng at the SF and PF w/ Harrington would be a nice rotation, blending offense and defense. Keep Tyson at C and sign Antonio Davis for backup.

I know people expect the Bulls to draft Aldridge or Thomas. But neither will help the Bulls in 2007, esp. with the scoring down low. Say one or both are gone by the time the Bulls pick--who then? Right now, the pick would most likley be 3rd, with Port. and Char. w/ worse records.

If the Bulls sign Harrington, they could draft Brandon Roy with the Knicks pick. Roy would be fantastic with Gordon and Hinrich as the 3rd guard. Roy can create his own shot and pass off the dribble--to Gordon waiting at the 3pt line. He's one of the few lottery picks who could help right away and be a long time contributor in the league. Boston would sweep him up at #7.

With their own pick [right now the 12th] the bulls could grab a big man with potential but can help on defense right away--like Tiago Splitter or Saer Sene. Seeing how both Thomas and Aldridge may not even be there--or are locks to be all stars in the NBA, they should grab a sure thing like Roy. And then use the lower pick for a big guy with defensive ability and could reap big rewards in a few yrs.

Yet it all starts w/ getting a scoring threat for the post. With Harrington interested, and friends with Antonio Davis,

first of all AD is going to retire after the season is over. second that is a great idea that we get ROY with our first pick and then get some one like splitter (who is not likely to go in the draft) if not then get a good low post player in the draft like O'Bryant or someone like that. i would also love to get herrington sence he is so in to the bulls and is a FA (is he a restricted or an unrestricted free- agent.) also to help with out situation in the center position sign Joel Przybilla for help at center if tyson gets in foul trouble from what this article says he want to go to another team http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/397...lla_might_bolt/. then this would be a great team for next year.

if my idea is not what you have in mind tell us yours it is your opinion tear it apart. biggrin.gif bringit.gif

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 13 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 13 2006, 11:23 AM)

he is 6'9 244lbs and he seems to idolize skiles so i am sure tha he can teach herrington a few moves sence he can right from highschool and had no collage expierance. and we have some money to spend because of paxson and his smartness so we can waste a few million on him and we will still be doing just fine.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 13 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #15

All-Star

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 13 2006, 11:57 AM)
he is 6'9 244lbs and he seems to idolize skiles so i am sure tha he can teach herrington a few moves sence he can right from highschool and had no collage expierance. and we have some money to spend because of paxson and his smartness so we can waste a few million on him and we will still be doing just fine.

He's been in the NBA for 8 years now. I doubt he's suddenly going to become a PF if he hasn't already.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:04 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home